Kidd going to the Mavs

Gary

s_kidd.jpg

I heard Stack on Stephen A. Smith's show...they were talking about how Jason Kidd would impact the Mavs and Stack kept saying we, as though he would still be on the team. I don't think there's anything wrong with the Nets telling him they would buy him out and him repeating that. However, Stack's comments just makes it seem, as you said, Leeds, that it was prearranged.

Stack would have to wait 30 calendar days before he could resign with Dallas if New Jersey cut him. I bet I know of one other team that would try to make a run at Stack. (Hint: their superstar was just diagnosed with a ligament tear.)

Hmmm... Stack in a Laker uni... I could live with that :P

Anyway, I don't understand why either team wants to make this deal.... the Nets are in the playoff race (yes, 23-30 is good enough for 7th right now), and Dallas is a cotender in the West... I don't see the point of this trade.

espnsig.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And now the NBA has ruled that any trade can't include Stackhouse because of the 30-day subterfuge. The deal looks deader by the minute.

I'd love to see them explain that one to the union.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Stern doesn't explain anything, he tells them what they will do...and they will like it.

Which, despite not following the NBA that closely (pretty much strictly because without an STL team I just can't get into it how I'd like to), is why Stern's my favorite commissioner.

And I'm not one to beat up on any of the commissioners (except Goodell because let's be honest, I hate the Patriots, I don't think think he's done enough in regards to them).

But I love the way Stern looks at the issues evaluates, and says what's going to happen. He just does things with authority. But it's not as if he's not player friendly. His decision to listen to his players and abandon the big marketing ploy that was the new basketball's...that was fantastic.

The man knows how to lead.

I'm not sure the NBA is doing well monetarily (and I'm not sure it's not either), but I like the way he does things.

THE TRADE IS NOW OFFICIAL:

DALLAS gets:

Jason Kidd

Malik Allen

Antoine Wright

NEW JERSEY gets:

Devin Harris

DeSagana Diop

Trenton Hassell

Maurice Ager

Keith Van Horn

A pair of draft picks and cash

*Jason Kidd will be wearing #2 in a Dallas Maverick Uniform.

DALLAS gets:

Jason Kidd

Malik Allen

Antoine Wright

NEW JERSEY gets:

Devin Harris

DeSagana Diop

Trenton Hassell

Maurice Ager

Keith Van Horn

When did the Nets throw Wright into the deal? I guess they weren't going to resign him anyway so it isn't anything to get worked up about.

DALLAS gets:

Jason Kidd

Malik Allen

Antoine Wright

NEW JERSEY gets:

Devin Harris

DeSagana Diop

Trenton Hassell

Maurice Ager

Keith Van Horn

When did the Nets throw Wright into the deal? I guess they weren't going to resign him anyway so it isn't anything to get worked up about.

How does this work out for Van Horn? The Mavs sign him out of retirement for 4 mil and make him part of the trade. Is he gonna play for the Nets or will they immediately release him? And most importantly, is he getting the 4 mil just for playing along?

DALLAS gets:

Jason Kidd

Malik Allen

Antoine Wright

NEW JERSEY gets:

Devin Harris

DeSagana Diop

Trenton Hassell

Maurice Ager

Keith Van Horn

How does this work out for Van Horn? The Mavs sign him out of retirement for 4 mil and make him part of the trade. Is he gonna play for the Nets or will they immediately release him? And most importantly, is he getting the 4 mil just for playing along?

I'm assuming he will pass a physical and possibly get a couple of minutes for "forms sake" (and to keep within the word of the NBA's rules.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

DALLAS gets:

Jason Kidd

Malik Allen

Antoine Wright

NEW JERSEY gets:

Devin Harris

DeSagana Diop

Trenton Hassell

Maurice Ager

Keith Van Horn

I'm assuming he will pass a physical and possibly get a couple of minutes for "forms sake" (and to keep within the word of the NBA's rules.)

He'll be gettin paid for only a months work... all u has to do is show up in a NJ uniform for a month and get paid for doing it

Archived