1985 world series photo

STL FANATIC

Not even born?  Wow, I feel old... and generally speaking I'm not!  :P

As a kid, I had a t-shirt for the Cardinals with "World Champions 1995."  I don't think I wore it much.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Or there was the other time Buffalo fans got screwed with the supposed Music City Miracle...

Except that all the replays showed that to have been a lateral, not a forward pass.  No screwage there, just insanity.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Might as well post this now too...

sptnhl.jpg

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

I don't get it. We kicked the Ducks ass....

That has to do with screwjobs... how?

Consistency in calling. If in the Dallas series, they can call the disallowed goal twice because the net was ever so slightly ajar, why can't they call back a goal that was "accidently" kicked in twice?

Not to say that this goal was illegal, but the goal the Lightning player put on you two series earlier was just as legal, but not called. Had this goal stayed back as well, we'd be looking at things differently.

I don't hate the Devils, it was all a legitimate Cup run, but this is the only bitter highlight.  And a turning point at that.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Might as well post this now too...

sptnhl.jpg

I don't get it. We kicked the Ducks ass....

That has to do with screwjobs... how?

Consistency in calling. If in the Dallas series, they can call the disallowed goal twice because the net was ever so slightly ajar, why can't they call back a goal that was "accidently" kicked in twice?

Not to say that this goal was illegal, but the goal the Lightning player put on you two series earlier was just as legal, but not called. Had this goal stayed back as well, we'd be looking at things differently.

I don't hate the Devils, it was all a legitimate Cup run, but this is the only bitter highlight. And a turning point at that.

Soooooo, you're saying the NHL has a bias twords New Jersey?

???

That's a first...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The only time i ever got pissed was the '97 series against the Rangers, when we had about 20 goal called back because of the retarded "skate in the crease" rule... That rule cost us the series, and i was never happier when they repealed that ridiculous rule, and shrunk the crease....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The only time i ever got pissed was the '97 series against the Rangers, when we had about 20 goal called back because of the retarded "skate in the crease" rule... That rule cost us the series, and i was never happier when they repealed that ridiculous rule, and shrunk the crease....

Hell yes, that was a terrible rule, and it ruined the game for a few seasons.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

As far at the StL -KC 1985 Series goes.  The picture above, sent in by StLfanatic, shows that the Royals' runner is out-however was called safe.  This is game 6 of the series.  The Royals would get a 9th inning hit from Dane Iorg (Org) and score Jim Sunburg(Royals Cather) with the 2-1 win.  The Royals went out the next night and hammered the Cards 11-0 for the Series win.

The picture shows the Pennant of the Cardinals being the World Champs - however it was the Royals won the I-70 Series, due to the bad call at first (the picture) by Ken Derkinger-Ump @ 1st base.  

Just FYI from the old man who watched with excitement as my beloved Royals won their only World Championship.   :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

As far at the StL -KC 1985 Series goes. The picture above, sent in by StLfanatic, shows that the Royals' runner is out-however was called safe. This is game 6 of the series. The Royals would get a 9th inning hit from Dane Iorg (Org) and score Jim Sunburg(Royals Cather) with the 2-1 win. The Royals went out the next night and hammered the Cards 11-0 for the Series win.

The picture shows the Pennant of the Cardinals being the World Champs - however it was the Royals won the I-70 Series, due to the bad call at first (the picture) by Ken Derkinger-Ump @ 1st base.

Just FYI from the old man who watched with excitement as my beloved Royals won their only World Championship. :D

I'm told that after that call, the Cards pretty much just let down and got into a lot of arguements in the next game.

How about the 'Phantom Goal" that Pittsburg scored against Toronto in the playoffs (can't find photo or remember the date, some hokcey fan I am) that was a good one.

I had my 1992-93 Blue Jays championship sweater that I wore religiously, until I grew out of it, and then it got hung in the closet, where it still stays today  :D

Archived