Miami Dolphins Release Zach Thomas

rmackman

From the Boston Herald...
Home / Sports / Football / Patriots Sports Log

Ex-Dolphin Thomas will visit Patriots

Email|Print| Text size ? + February 18, 2008

NFL

Free-agent linebacker Zach Thomas, who was released by the Dolphins last Thursday, is scheduled to visit with Patriots officials at Gillette Stadium today. The 34-year-old Thomas has played his entire 12-year career with Miami. A seven-time Pro Bowler, he was limited to just five games last season by concussions and migraines. The Dolphins are undergoing a rebuilding project under executive vice president of football operations Bill Parcells, general manager Jeff Ireland, and coach Tony Sparano, and with Thomas scheduled to make $5.65 million in 2008, that factored into the team's decision to release him. The 5-foot-11-inch, 228-pound Thomas would project as an inside linebacker in the Patriots' 3-4 alignment .

Anybody really all that shocked by this?

They offered him a contract.

NOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are 30 other teams I would have accepted his move to... NOT the PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

There are 30 other teams I would have accepted his move to... NOT the PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

Bill 'n' Scott think old linebackers are the way to go.

From what I can tell, the main problem with stocking up with players who are older than dirt is that they tire out when they've won 18 games in a row.

Bill 'n' Scott think old linebackers are the way to go.

From what I can tell, the main problem with stocking up with players who are older than dirt is that they tire out when they've won 18 games in a row.

... which is why I support this move :upside:

I saw, I came, I left.

Is there anything really wrong with this move? It frees up Crowder to do his thing, and Thomas is clearly on the downside of his career.

What's the big deal? The NFL is a big business, and i'm sure Zach's a big boy. He'll deal. And if the Pats want to load up on concussion-prone linebackers on the wrong side of 30, then more power to 'em.

Archived