UPDATED: Anybody know where I could find...

oakland ehs

UPDATED

So I snagged the sleeve patch off eBay, although I bought it for $15 and was disappointed when I saw them just recently for as little as $1, or a lot of 25 for like $10, but whatever.

A major thank you to Bouj. Thanks to him, I also got the MLB patch for the back of the jersey, and we now have our final result, all professionally stitched and as close to an authentic as you can get without being $200 or a fake off of eBay:

IMG_0208.jpg

The jersey was blank before, so I figured this would be the perfect time to add the name and number of one of the A's top up and coming players.

Thanks to those who replied... being successful in this quest makes all that effort worthwhile :D

I managed to find an A's shoulder patch online... but my next question is:

Does anybody know where I could find the little MLB logo patch for the back of the jersey? I'd be looking for one in A's colors, obviously, to match the uniform.

I've done a few quick searches but found nothing. Or if anyone has an A's jersey they dont like and want to cut a logo off, that would be great too, but very doubtful :P

Thanks!

Original post:

elephant.jpg

That's the one I'm talking about. I'm looking for a place I could purchase JUST THE PATCH online.

Of course, I'd be looking for the jersey sized patch, although I don't imagine any other sizes exist.

I have a replica jersey that I want to make slightly more authentic by getting one of these guys.

Thanks in advance.

elephant.jpg

That's the one I'm talking about. I'm looking for a place I could purchase JUST THE PATCH online.

Of course, I'd be looking for the jersey sized patch, although I don't imagine any other sizes exist.

I have a replica jersey that I want to make slightly more authentic by getting one of these guys.

Thanks in advance.

Try ebay. It's on there i'm sure.

http://www.nationalemblemcollectibles.com/mlb-al-all.php - they've got both of the A's shoulder pathes - hope this is useful!

http://www.nationalemblemcollectibles.com/mlb-buy.php - there's the link to the store element of the site.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't read the post properly - apologies if me posting led to you believing i had knowledge of the whereabouts of a mlb patch...no such luck on national emblem...sorry.

UPDATED

I managed to find an A's shoulder patch online... but my next question is:

Does anybody know where I could find the little MLB logo patch for the back of the jersey? I'd be looking for one in A's colors, obviously, to match the uniform.

I've done a few quick searches but found nothing. Or if anyone has an A's jersey they dont like and want to cut a logo off, that would be great too, but very doubtful :P

Thanks!

I am taking this:

FF_109784_s.jpg

and adding

elephant.jpg

and hopefully

mlb-logo.gif

(except in the A's green and gold colors - this is the small patch I am looking for, for the back of the jersey)

to make the final product look like this

pMLB2-2327793dt.jpg

The moral of the story is that I have a replica jersey, and I want to make it look a bit more authentic. I know I'm not fooling anyone, but I bought this a few years ago because it's all the stores around here had, and I want to at least make it look more like a real jersey, because replicas don't have the sleeve logo. I already bought a sleeve logo, but I would like to try and find the MLB logo for the back of the jersey to go along with it. Tough to find of course, but figured I'd try.

I sewed a Mets logo and 2000 WS logo onto a replica jersey back in '00...

I also sewed a Mets logo onto another replica I have...

You're right...you're not fooling anyone (here at least), but so what?

I applaud your efforts. Plenty of others have done it as well I'm sure...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

I sewed a Mets logo and 2000 WS logo onto a replica jersey back in '00...

I also sewed a Mets logo onto another replica I have...

You're right...you're not fooling anyone (here at least), but so what?

I applaud your efforts. Plenty of others have done it as well I'm sure...

I've upgraded a few replicas, mostly Cubs throwbacks, since I believe you can get them as close to authentic as a $300 Mitchell & Ness. That is, a few steps off the real thing -- for a lot less.

I look at old photos on baseball cards and the quality standards just don't seem to compare to today's. So why spend all of the extra money for one that does? (Not knocking those who have... I'm just cheap.)

Might just be me, though. (And I never did one so recent I needed an MLB patch. Mostly '70s and 80s.)

• 3 weeks later...
Oh and trust me, I know I'm not fooling myself either. I work in a jersey store, I'm very aware of the differences, but I may as well make the jersey look good at least.

Ever find that MLB tag? Because if not, I have an Oakland A's green and yellow MLB tag, right off of the back of an authentic jersey. Yours if you want it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

• 1 month later...

bump

So I snagged the sleeve patch off eBay, although I bought it for $15 and was disappointed when I saw them just recently for as little as $1, or a lot of 25 for like $10, but whatever.

A major thank you to Bouj. Thanks to him, I also got the MLB patch for the back of the jersey, and we now have our final result, all professionally stitched and as close to an authentic as you can get without being $200 or a fake off of eBay:

IMG_0208.jpg

The jersey was blank before, so I figured this would be the perfect time to add the name and number of one of the A's top up and coming players.

Thanks to those who replied... being successful in this quest makes all that effort worthwhile :D

Archived