NFL Re-Design Extravaganza!

bohob

OK. So, I started with the NFC East because I had two teams done, and therefore, a good place to start.

So with the Cowboys, I went to unify to entire scheme, based off of a modified version of the white jersey. I stuck with the greenish, bluish silver and navy. I went to a navy facemask on the helmet. On the jerseys, I went with silver outlines around the numbers and two sleeve stripes. I also put the wordmark above the chest numbers and a star at the top of the back. The numbers are the throwback serif block. I also put striped socks on the white uniform.

Cowboys Logo Set

Cowboys Home Uniform

Cowboys Away Uniform

For the Giants, I also tried to unify the overall scheme. I did not change the helmets, but on the jerseys, I went with a single stripe and standard block numbers. I also kept one set of grey pants throughout and added a red alternate.

Giants Logo Set

Giants Home Uniform

Giants Away Unifom

Giants Alternate Uniform

With the Eagles, I went in a different direction, which many of you have probably seen. I am re-posting it because I would like more feedback. Since the Eagles' most memorable uniforms were from the Ron Jaworski-era, I decided to go in a modern direction. The colors are now mostly kelly green and silver, with traces of black. But I also have a black alternate because silver wouldn't have worked. I kept the Eagle head and removed the 3-D effect on the wordmark. The jerseys use the curves found in the wings on the helmet to determine the placement of the piping, which continues through to the pants.

Eagles Logo Set

Eagles Primary Home Uniform

Eagles Home Alternate 1

Eagles Home Alternate 2

Eagles Primary Away Uniform

Eagles Away Alternate

And finally... Washington. I decided to change the name the the Washington Pigskins. This was in order to bridge the gap with the shortened 'Skins name. Also it allowed me to keep the color scheme similar, but now featuring burgundy and mustard gold. The logo is a boar inside an oval. The helmets stayed burgundy but now have mustard facemasks, and the striping matches the pants. The jerseys go for a very classic look. The shoulder pad area is layered with a contrasting color, and the numbers have double outlines. The TV numbers are on the sleeves. I also went with a white set and a burgundy set of pants.

Pigskins Logo Set

Pigskins Primary Home Uniform

Pigskins Home Alternate

Pigskins Primary Away Uniform

Pigskins Away Alternate

UPDATES... So for the Eagles, I tried silver pants with the black jerseys. I stand by my decision to use kelly green, because the midnight green has contrast issues when paired with black. I updated the Giants uniforms with hip patches and a wordmark at the upper chest(plus, striped socks). Close-ups are in the new Giants logo set. And for the Pigskins, I changed the name to Warriors, as jus2damcrazey219 suggested.

New Eagles Alternate

New Giants Logo Set

New Giants Home Uniforms

New Giants Away Uniforms

New Giants Alternates

Washington Warriors Logo Set

Warriors Home Uniforms

Warriors Home Alternates

Warriors Away Uniforms

Warriors Away Alternates

Anyways, C&C appreciated!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't post much on here, but it does concern my Cowboys. If you could change the Cowboys helmet to a gray facemask as it is, you have a winner. As for everything else for the 'Skins, Eagles, and Super Bowl Champion G-Men, I like them. With the 'Skins helmet, maybe you could add two white stripes to the helmet bordering the gold one and maybe change the colors to maroon and a Vegas Gold of sorts. I like the Pigskins idea and it suits them if they have to change the Red part of Redskins to Pigskins. Giants and Eagles are absolute winners. I'm anxious to see if you do this for the other seven divisions. Keep it up!

texaslonghornssigvw0.png

I don't post much on here, but it does concern my Cowboys. If you could change the Cowboys helmet to a gray facemask as it is, you have a winner. As for everything else for the 'Skins, Eagles, and Super Bowl Champion G-Men, I like them. With the 'Skins helmet, maybe you could add two white stripes to the helmet bordering the gold one and maybe change the colors to maroon and a Vegas Gold of sorts. I like the Pigskins idea and it suits them if they have to change the Red part of Redskins to Pigskins. Giants and Eagles are absolute winners. I'm anxious to see if you do this for the other seven divisions. Keep it up!

I'm sorry, the helmet striping is supposed to be the same as the burgundy pants striping with the thin white stripe in the middle.

Ahh, I've actually been waiting for someone to do an NFC East redesign, particularly because of my Eagles.

Cowboys - Alright, I'd say the worst one of the four. I don't really like that new helmet color, and honestly I had the greenish silver.

Giants - Good job of unifying all elements, looks good.

Eagles - Saw the change to kelly green coming. Honestly, I'm tired of Eagle concepts with kelly green. I'm not a particular fan of the midnight green they currently have, but I'm not as big a supporter of kelly as most people on these boards are. That said, I like the new piping, but I think the black alt (which looks badass) would be a lot better with white pants

Pigskins - LOVE that logo, it's ballin

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Well, here's my two cents:

Dallas: Change that facemask to silver and youre golden.

NY Giants: I personally am attatched to what they have now. Your's does look good, but, I am a huge fan of what they have now.

Philadelphia: Not a fan of the Kelly Green. I love the Eagles in midnight green. I see where youre going with the kelly green look, but IDK I just think it'd look better in midnight.

Washington: All I can really say is, "?". I just dont see a Washington football team being anything other than the Redskins. I'm sorry, but I dont like the Pigskins identity. to me, even though it isnt the best name, I am so stuck to "Redskins". If possible, I would like to see a Redskins concept if you're able.

Good work overall, though. Keep it up!

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Pigskins? That's lame. Keep them the Redskins and it's ok.

The giants ones are bad. Compared to their currents, they're not an improvement. Nice try though.

The eagles has potential. I'd make the whole inside of the wing silver, though, and then have the black and white outline.

The cowboys is nice. Best of the bunch

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like...almost everything. The Cowboys are perfect so are the Giants. Simple, but perfect. Now the bad. Kelly Green is such an old color but I'm not a fan of the Midnight green. Maybe forest green and the black alt is unnecessary. Lastly, The Pigskin thing is pretty weak. I understand where your coming from but Warriors is far better than Pigskins. The anticipation of a modernized spear unis is killed. :down:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I like...almost everything. The Cowboys are perfect so are the Giants. Simple, but perfect. Now the bad. Kelly Green is such an old color but I'm not a fan of the Midnight green. Maybe forest green and the black alt is unnecessary. Lastly, The Pigskin thing is pretty weak. I understand where your coming from but Warriors is far better than Pigskins. The anticipation of a modernized spear unis is killed. :down:

I have thought naming the Redskins the Pigskins would be a good idea for the last seven years now. You get to keep the whole Skins part of the name, plus the OL was called the hogs. I don't know if I like the idea of the logo though. I would just keep it a simple script of 'Skins.

Cowboys - Like others have said, change the facemask to gray and you got something.

Giants - This, I love. Probably your best out of this division. My only thing is is what it would look like if you added some white/blue stripes on the sleeves to the home and away respectively. (Also, just so you know JQK doesn't like any Giants concepts, ever.)

Eagles - I've seen this before, but I'm not a big fan. Too modern for the Eagles. The kelly green looks good, but I've grown used to the midnight green myself. Maybe mix the two colors?

Pigskins - Well, as a team name in the NFL the Pigskins is horrendous. Sounds more like an NIFL team name or something, but with a much better logo. Which is probably the only thing I like out of this. If you stick with the name Pigskins then try and make the boar/pig look like a football. Hence pigskin! Oh, and the colored yokes look bad...

Nice job overall, a lot of potential for some great concepts. Keep it up man.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

OK, I realize the Pigskins moniker was a controversial choice, but I wanted the team to have a classic look. I also wanted to get rid of the worst name in sports. I may try a Warriors concept if I have time. Also, for the Eagles, I felt it was necessary to ditch the midnight green because it's too hard to tell where the midnight green ends and the black begins. As for the Giants, this is a re-design project. I like the current Giants uniforms for the most part, but I had to re-design them for this re-design project. Finally, about the Cowboys, I will take a vote on the facemask color. Personally, I hate the silver facemask, but if there is a consensus, I will take that into consideration. How does everyone like the striped socks?

Finally, I know the consensus on this site is to make every football uniform with striped sleeves, and piping is evil. However, I think there is room for both kinds of uniforms in the NFL. It's a big league. The key is knowing who to keep traditional (Cowboys) and who to make modern (Ealges). I will be mixing it up, so if there is someone out there who hates all uniforms modern, just keep that sentiment in perspective, and judge it as how it looks compared to other modern designs.

I am quite impressed with all the work you have put in so far! I personally don't think that the redskins should be anything other than the redskins. Though The Logo was one to keep.

I liked the Eagles the best, the only thing i didn't understand was the side of the pants.

I liked the giants alternate. It would definitely be one of the best looking uniforms in the league.

Nice Work!

nick Wall

"Find the flame, light the fire"

BEAT ASHEVILLE SCHOOL

UPDATES... So for the Eagles, I tried silver pants with the black jerseys. I stand by my decision to use kelly green, because the midnight green has contrast issues when paired with black. I updated the Giants uniforms with hip patches and a wordmark at the upper chest(plus, striped socks). Close-ups are in the new Giants logo set. And for the Pigskins, I changed the name to Warriors, as jus2damcrazey219 suggested.

New Eagles Alternate

New Giants Logo Set

New Giants Home Uniforms

New Giants Away Uniforms

New Giants Alternates

Warriors Home Uniforms

Warriors Home Alternates

Warriors Away Uniforms

Warriors Away Alternates

New Eagles Alternate

New Giants Logo Set

New Giants Home Uniforms

New Giants Away Uniforms

New Giants Alternates

Warriors Home Uniforms

Warriors Home Alternates

Warriors Away Uniforms

Warriors Away Alternates

Again, for the most part, great updates, however.... there are some..um....em...how do I say it...miscues in your others (just kiddin). The Eagles update is great but the addition of patch on the giants pants is perfect. My only gripe is the next for the alt. The red on the neck makes the alt look plan, make it white and blue. Now for the bad part. Skins/Warriors package isn't, to me that good. The circle logo is too simple and seems to be missing something and the uniforms are...em..just not as good I would they could be for this team (See 75th anniversary unis for a example of good skins unis). They aren't different than before and use the same font that you use for The Boys'.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Well, the reason I didn't change the Warriors uniforms is because I didn't know if people hated the Pigskins moniker or the uniforms as well. So, I thought I would test the waters. I will update the Warriors uniforms soon, but they won't be re-creations of the 70th anniversary uniforms, because this is a re-design project.

Now unveiling (cue drum roll)......................The AFC North

First, the Ravens. I took the B off the Raven head. The uniforms are modern, but I like them. Black pants across the board (ravens are black, right?). I also removed the drop shadow from the numbers and removed red and yellow from the color scheme.

Ravens Logo Set

Ravens Home Uniforms

Ravens Away Uniforms

Ravens Alternate Uniforms

Next, I did the Bengals. No major changes just removed that ugly white side panel, thinned out the drop shadow, and put the tiger head on the hip.

Bengals Logo Set

Bengals Home Uniform 1

Bengals Home Uniform 2

Bengals Away Uniform 1

Bengals Away Uniform 2

Bengals Alternate Uniform 1

Bengals Alternate Uniform 2

Then came the Browns. I developed a new "B Football" logo and updated the wordmark. I went modern on the uniforms, which I know isn't popular here, but let's face it. The Browns haven't won anything recently. I moved the AL patch to the hip and placed piping around the shoulders. Also, the helmet now has a logo!

Browns Logo Set

Browns Home Uniforms

Browns Away Uniforms

Browns Alternate Uniforms

Finally, we have the Steelers. I am going to preface this one by saying that I honestly don't think the Steelers need a change except for the numbers, but this is a re-design project. Hence, I updated the numbers to a stylized block number. and simplified the sleeve striping. I also added a yellow alternate that features black pants.

Steelers Logo Set

Steelers Home Uniforms

Steelers Away Uniforms

Steelers Alternate Uniforms

Again, C&C is always welcome. I want to here want everyone has to say, negative or positive.

Ravens: The Raven head looks bare without the "B," although the B was ugly. I actually love the Ravens unis except not that yellow stripe going across the back. Nice work though. Just remove the secondary logo, I hate that thing.

Bengals: You didn't really do anything here. I didn't mind the white panel, but my only major gripe is the home unis, the sleeves need to be a different color than orange.

Browns: I like the new logo except I think that the main, larger panel should be on top, not on the bottom, so the smaller part(currently orange) is on the bottom of the football. And believe me, I'm no traditionalist in love with the current unis, and I'm all in favor if there were a good modernization... but this is definitely not it. Sorry. I also don't like the white monocolor aways. I applaud your effort, though.

Steelers: I can't decide if those jerseys are '90s or modern, but either way I love them. Very, very nice job here. I would put the logo on both sides of the helmet though(another modernization that would face opposition) and get rid of the alts.

Overall, I think you did a really nice job here; better than the NFC East ones. These just need a bit of patching up, but very good work.

I understand I didn't do a lot with the Bengals (or Cowboys) but that's because, IMO, not too much needs to be done. And the Bengals sleeves on the homes are black with orange stripes. I will consider those other suggestions, though.

Archived