Kansas in '88 Throwbacks Today

bri1275

I think those would look great on a full time basis, I wish Kansas would move to these. They are much more distinctive than their new uniforms.

The only improvement I could see an arguement for would be a smaller KU on the side.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

The '88 set looks clunky compared to the late 90s and early 00s Kansas sets. It looks better than their currents, though.

their last Nike set > 88 throwbacks > their current Adidas Trajan-fest

Okay, I am without a doubt the biggest Kansas-hating S.O.B. on these here boards. But I totally agree (strictly from a uniform standpoint) with this. Although, since they are indeed an Adidas school now, the best set can't be used, therefore these throwbacks should be.

At least change the colors to those. That darker, more resonant(sp?) shades of royal blue and red, and actually that hint of gold, are a beautiful mix, much nicer than the current drab, dull shades they use.

But, hey, it's KU. Would you expect any less of them? :D

Archived