Daytona 500

infrared41

The Super Bowl of NASCAR is finally here. So who do you like to win? Is this the race that Toyota gets their first cup win?

I think it's Junior's race to lose. He was great on the super speedways in DEI equipment. Now he has a Hendrick car. He's going to be tough to beat. All the Hendrick cars are going to be in the thick of it. If Michael Waltrip's car can hold up for the entire race he has a shot too. Should be a great race. Hendrick and the Toyota cars are the ones to watch.

BB52Big.jpg

This year's gonna be Stewart vs Junior.

I think one of those two will end up winning the overall points championship, and it all starts today.

I'm a Tony fan, so i'm pulling for Stewart, but as much as i hate Junior, he's looked damn good in the Hendrick machines.

Good times!

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I used to be a big Junior fan. It's not that he left DEI that bothered me though, it's that he went to over to The Dark Side (aka Hendrick Motorsports), alongside Darths Gordon and Johnson.

"Henceforth, you will be known as Darth... Junior."

Go Tony Stewart! (And Kevin Harvick too.)

CCSLC signature.png

This is going to be a great race. The 50th Daytona 500 will surely be remembered, no matter who wins. That said, Dale Jr. is my driver, so I'm pulling for him. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if a Toyota pulls off the upset, whether it be Stewart, Hamlin, Busch, Waltrip, or Jarrett in his final 500. All I know is it'll be a good race.

I'm pulling for Kasey Kahne, Kevin Harvick, Jeff Burton or Clint Bowyer.

Although I'd like to see Mark Martin have a shot too.

My local newspaper listed Reed Sorenson as a driver to watch, so that would be pretty cool, too.

I kinda think the whole everyone switching teams thing is bad for NASCAR, because, on paper, it looks like Hendrick and Gibbs are the only teams with a shot and that they will dominate.

Any notice how "botoxed" Chubby Checker's face is? He can't actually be singing, there's no way.

I just want this to happen again.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived