Blues and Arch

karby65

Missed it in the paper, but got it off NHL Logo Tournament's site, the Note won't be alone on the 3rd jersey. The body will be navy and incorporate the Arch with the Bluenote, according to Bernie Mikelaz, stating the owner, Dave Cheketts. The whole organization is moving forward and improving :D , but their uniforms have been taking a nosedive from what they had from 98 - 07. :cursing:

Its possible that by saying they will incorporate the arch, it will just be the arch-like piping like on the uniforms right now.

from what they said, no. it regrets me to say, but we might need mike keenan back, only to make decisions on the uniform. :puke:

I guess a lotta people don't like their current updated unis, but I actually think they're one of if not the best update in the league. The shoulder stripe-into-piping down the side is genius, and the only real crappy aspect IMHO is that big chunk outta the back stripe to accommodate the friggin RBK vector. But if they filled that in, it'd be a near-perfect Edge uniform.

I'm curious and somewhat eager to see their new thirds.

I know I'm your typical homer, but I really like the new look. In some ways I'm starting to prefer it over the old look. It's probably just that whole used to it thing, but it just looks sleeker side by side.

Could use a couple of slight mods before it would be called perfect, but it's pretty good. Of the teams that changed looks, I think the Blues are at least top three. And I still think it makes for a top 5 or so look in the league.

As for the third, I'm excited about it. I'm not one to get my panties in a bunch over a third for the Blues. I'd prefer the Cardinals never do it, but the Blues don't bother me.

It's good that it will be navy. And I'm intrigued by the idea of a logo incorporating the arch and Bluenote. I can't picture a creative and good way of doing it right now, but as I posted in the other thread, the Blues generally don't put out crap designs.

Schedules, Ads, Posters, Uniforms...for a long time, they've been very conscientious about working with the right people to come up with good designs.

I trust this will be one.

I have absolutely no problem with a navy third jersey for the Blues. The only thing I would hope for is that the two shades of blue -- royal and navy -- have enough of a contrast so that people can actually tell the difference between the two from a distance. Perhaps make the royal blue a shade or two lighter.

A great time to bring up my blues third concept:

BluesAlternative-1.jpg

To be fair, that's not so much a concept as it is two clicks in Paint. But still looks alright. I have a feeling this jersey is gonna look sweet. And we have a very aesthetically pleasing game to look forward to tonight, as we move within a point in the standings... :D

I know I'm your typical homer, but I really like the new look. In some ways I'm starting to prefer it over the old look. It's probably just that whole used to it thing, but it just looks sleeker side by side.

Could use a couple of slight mods before it would be called perfect, but it's pretty good. Of the teams that changed looks, I think the Blues are at least top three. And I still think it makes for a top 5 or so look in the league.

As for the third, I'm excited about it. I'm not one to get my panties in a bunch over a third for the Blues. I'd prefer the Cardinals never do it, but the Blues don't bother me.

It's good that it will be navy. And I'm intrigued by the idea of a logo incorporating the arch and Bluenote. I can't picture a creative and good way of doing it right now, but as I posted in the other thread, the Blues generally don't put out crap designs.

Schedules, Ads, Posters, Uniforms...for a long time, they've been very conscientious about working with the right people to come up with good designs.

remember the clown suits from 95-98 and the junk they had from 83-87? from what i gathered, it's not a recolorization, its a new logo. think of putting a bean inside the bruin's pinwheel or making monteal's "c" an "m". you don't mess with them.

remember the clown suits from 95-98 and the junk they had from 83-87? from what i gathered, it's not a recolorization, its a new logo. think of putting a bean inside the bruin's pinwheel or making monteal's "c" an "m". you don't mess with them.

You say clown suits, I say a good design that just wasn't right for the franchise. It was really a cool idea and it was executed well in regards to design standards. It featured a little too much red and was a bit too extreme with the angle's perhaps. But I wouldn't call it a clown suit. It's not quite up to standard with what they generally put out, but I don't think it deserves the scorn it gets.

As for the '83-'87 stuff, I was around, but I've never understood the hate for them. I think it's kinda nice with the wordmark, though not my favorite. But I'm in the minority on that. Even though I don't love Vancouver's new uniforms, the arched wordmark is a part I do like. Again, I'm in the minority there.

Either way, those designs weren't complete crap, and even more importantly, those were over 10 years ago, and most of the entire franchise, including the ownership and front office has turned over since then. The people in place now have been very keen on design for some time.

As for the logo, while the Bluenote is classic, it's always been able to be modified and updated. Like I said, I can't think of a great way to incorporate the Arch right now, and I hope it's not just sticking a Bluenote in front of one. But I'll bet it can be done, and I'll bet they can figure it out.

But since we haven't seen ANYTHING, none of this really matters. I'm just not opposed to it and hoping for the best.

Ree-box aside, the new Blues unis aren't bad, at least by comparison to the rest of the league. However, every time I look at them, I can't help but get the feeling that the shoulders of the previous design somehow drooped or melted out of shape, yielding the current look. For me, the previous incarnation of the Bluenote sweater, especially the early version with the navy areas done in dazzle nylon, will always be top-notch.

And count me among those who can't quite visualize the arch-note hybrid alt logo. Best I can figure is some sort of 3-D perspective on the Note, passing underneath the Gateway Arch. And would adding the arch mean incorporating silver into the color scheme?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ree-box aside, the new Blues unis aren't bad, at least by comparison to the rest of the league. However, every time I look at them, I can't help but get the feeling that the shoulders of the previous design somehow drooped or melted out of shape, yielding the current look. For me, the previous incarnation of the Bluenote sweater, especially the early version with the navy areas done in dazzle nylon, will always be top-notch.

And count me among those who can't quite visualize the arch-note hybrid alt logo. Best I can figure is some sort of 3-D perspective on the Note, passing underneath the Gateway Arch. And would adding the arch mean incorporating silver into the color scheme?

I'm guessing the Arch will be yellow.

I think they can tastefully create this logo. And I too have grown on the new uniforms for the Blues. I've always wondered what a navy blue third jersey would look like. It makes more sense than a yellow. It's a shade of blue, and they are the Blues, not the blue... like only one blue, but multip... blu... get it? More than one blu.. not just...

(Well, I went for it and failed miserably.)

A great time to bring up my blues third concept:

BluesAlternative-1.jpg

To be fair, that's not so much a concept as it is two clicks in Paint. But still looks alright. I have a feeling this jersey is gonna look sweet. And we have a very aesthetically pleasing game to look forward to tonight, as we move within a point in the standings... :D

hey, cut me some slack that was a minimum of five clicks. I'm not touting it to be revolutionary, just a rough idea. Tough loss as well...

I would be ok with them bringing back the white jerseys from the 94-98 era. The road jerseys from that era had way too much red on them but it was used sparingly on the homes. That brings up another question, is the NHL really considering a move back to white at home next year? Seems to me that would be kind of dumb since that made the switch to accommodate alternates in the first place.

I'm not in favor of the Blues with an alternate as of right now but with the right design I could be persuaded. In reference to stlfanatic's comments on the new Blues edge jerseys, they are most definitely growing on me. It's kind of funny because with the previous set the white was by far my favorite but I prefer the blue edge jerseys. Personally I think the current white jerseys would be improved with a little piping at the bottom, they just look bland as they are know.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Archived