CCSLC Logo Correction Thread

rmackman

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have the official logo sheet from the designers website. It is acually there.

http://www.terrysmithcreations.com/ > Desgin > Logos > 24 of 37

He also designed the all the sharks logos including the Worcester Sharks.(although the new NHL sharks logos are not on his site, he helped the team reveal the new jerseys and it was anounced that he was the designer)

Just because the logos are on the designers site doesn't make them official. Even though they were designed for the team doesn't mean that the team ever used them. If you look at the sharks logos on his site there is a logo that is almost identical to the Baron's primary logo. I could be completely wrong but I don't believe the sharks actually ever used that logo. His website doesn't contain official logo sheets but rather just his portfolio. If you look at the Dayton dragons logos in his portfolio you can see that the colors are way different then what is actually used. Just pointing this out. On a side note, I do believe in this certain instance that the Cleveland Barons did use that secondary logo that Josh posted.

As one of the Sharks "Finatics" on the CCSLC, I can say that Terry Smith was an inspiration to me to get into design. As I went through his website I can assure a few things:

Everything but the Barons-like Shark logo for the San Jose Sharks logo was used. Please note: they have actually been many variations of the Sharks primary logo. The one seen on Chris' page, the one on Terry's site (note the thinner eye and the tape work on the stick) and the one used to actually embroider the Shark on the jersey (if you look at Sharks jerseys the extra black stripe around the Pacific Teal is not used.

The original fin logo doesn't have black outlines when it was on jerseys.

The San Jose SaberCats logos are all legit.

All of the Earthquakes marks are legit, however, the shield jersey crest never made it to the field.

The ABL's Lasers and Stingrays were legit.

The NHL finished off the design of his NHL ASG logo. Known as the "Shark Star" It is unknown if he did the unused 1995 logo.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

However, that unused Sharks logo, is currently being used as the primary logo for the China Sharks in the Asia Hockey League.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think he got them all from the website link he posted in the previous page.

You would be right on that. I thought they were legit though so I posted them. Are any of them good?

I seen these (among others) on the site and figured that these are just better versions.

0mt4pngrhioi7ty3ud6q.gif

5665.gif

791.gif

k59u1c1ymrgtbvrnw7ww.gif

x5u0hhfpj54rvqfh743q.gif

I think that some of them could be useful but I am sorry if they are not accurate. I just kinda figured they were.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

I would have to compare them to their official sheets. I know where most of the vector files came from for that site, and there are some legit logos in their vector packages. I just think that the more obscure logos are more than likely traces. Also, that avs foot logo is a fraud too.

• 2 weeks later...

How come there are none of the semi-pro basketball leagues listed? I'm working on a project of former and current Cincinnati Sports clubs and I couldn't find the Cincinnati Stuff from the IBL. Is there any plan to add some lower level leagues in the basketball area?

That new Johnny Canuck logo...

VancouverCanucks_TE2_2009-9999.png

Thing of beauty.

THat Johnny Canuck logo is simply perfect... I hope the Canucks can put that to good use for the 3rd alternate if so!!

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Here is an old Toronto Maple Leafs secondary logo from an official styleguide. It was also used as a shoulder patch prior to 2000. I also believe that I have colored it correctly for web viewing, but maybe ColorWerx can confirm that for me.

TML_Secondary-1.png

Here is an old Toronto Maple Leafs secondary logo from an official styleguide. It was also used as a shoulder patch prior to 2000. I also believe that I have colored it correctly for web viewing, but maybe ColorWerx can confirm that for me.

Really close...

R:00

G:38

B:100

Archived