Kentucky Basketball Concept

Ben5

I like it better than the set we currently have, and the fact that you used Big Sam's #31 is a HUGE +!!!! But the one thing that bothers me about this new nike set for bball and fball is the use of grey/silver. We are BLUE and WHITE, period. And it is not that far off that what the Cats currently sport. But I like the collar 100% better than what we have. Overall I give it a B+.

Since there was a call to make SOD jerseys for teams that hadn't switched over yet, I came up with this beauty for the UK Wildcats. Let me know what you think

kentuckybasketball.png

As a fan of the Wildcats, I think these designs are just too plain. I like the uniforms from the 1996 squad.

spacer.png

I like it better than the set we currently have, and the fact that you used Big Sam's #31 is a HUGE +!!!! But the one thing that bothers me about this new nike set for bball and fball is the use of grey/silver. We are BLUE and WHITE, period. And it is not that far off that what the Cats currently sport. But I like the collar 100% better than what we have. Overall I give it a B+.

Thanks so much for saying it! I don't dislike the Cats' uniforms completely, but I don't like the silver. It doesn't look bad at all, but it reminds me of 80s era Memphis State. The Cats are Blue and White, and don't need any other color to clutter things up. I actually kind of liked the 78 Goose versions they wore for their throwbacks a couple of years ago. Simple unis that won a championship. GO CATS!

I fail to see how these are more simple than the 1996 jerseys. Those are just as, if not more simple. As for the silver "tape", it is a common component on many of the SOD jerseys. I am thinking of getting rid of it (or at least making it not silver). Anything else you would like to see? I am making some changes, but any more suggestions would be put into consideration.

(Or any other school you want to see.)

Heck, if we're throwing out suggestions, I'd love to see a Hoosiers one.

Indiana is an adidas team. Then again, I'm not the one who decides what concept is made....

On topic: Great job on this! The one thing I would add would be the little under-collar school logo that's present on many other SOD uniforms (Ohio State and UNC come to mind).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Indiana is an adidas team. Then again, I'm not the one who decides what concept is made....

On topic: Great job on this! The one thing I would add would be the little under-collar school logo that's present on many other SOD uniforms (Ohio State and UNC come to mind).

That's the Nike elite badge, which Kentucky already wears. It's given to Nike teams that have recently made the final four, but I don't know the exact year.

Fully aware, dude...

Sigs are for sissies.

• 3 years later...

Since there was a call to make SOD jerseys for teams that hadn't switched over yet, I came up with this beauty for the UK Wildcats. Let me know what you think

kentuckybasketball.png

The front of the jersey's are too boring! Plain Jane is not a good look for Kentucky. Heck, I like what they have now and hope if they change them, they go back to there former look. Nice try though.

spacer.png

Archived