Your Favorite Teams?

TheGodfather

Since some former favourite teams have been discussed...

Tottenham Hotspur I already mentioned:

I was briefly a fan of English football when I was little. My favourite team was Tottenham Hotspur because someone else said it in a class activity, it was easy to remember, and the local team's name "West Ham" sounded stupid. I never properly developed an interest and never went back to it. These days I just don't find the game interesting at all, and I can't stand the culture.

In addition to that, even if I wanted to I feel that I've left it way too late to properly get interested in English football again, with just one of the reasons being - true to the nature of this country and its products - that the way the leagues are organised is needlessly complicated compared to the North American sports leagues. That said, if (big "if") I do ever get back into this sport, I'd go back to being a Tottenham fan since they were my childhood team.

London Racers:

Back when I started more seriously following the NHL in 2005, I discovered the UK's Elite Ice Hockey League. Didn't know too much about it except that there was this team, playing out of Lee Valley in London with an obviously Red Wings inspired look. I could have ended up being just as big a fan of them today as I am of the Anaheim Ducks, and I had hoped to go and see the Racers play at some point, but issues with their run-down rink (which, for the record, is still in use by a lower level team today) as well as financial problems led to the team folding not even halfway into the 2005-06 season. And there hasn't been a London-based Elite League team since. To me, they remain as a testament to how badly managed ice hockey is in the UK.

Romford Raiders:

My original hometown hockey team. This was the first UK based team that I knew of, and some time after the 2005-06 season started I saw my first ever hockey game there. I was hooked, and kept coming back every Sunday to watch them play. The following season, me and a friend I go to games with went to Chelmsford to watch a Chieftains game instead, and we found the atmosphere there to be more pleasant, needless to say the Chelmsford rink was and still is in much better condition (Romford for example had a net going around the rink instead of glass). We went back to Romford for one more game, then chose to switch teams. Both of these teams happen to be quite near each other so always have a fierce on-ice rivalry.

Anglia Ruskin University Phantoms:

My Alma Mater. The University doesn't have an umbrella organisation for its sports teams, and the Phantoms are the poorly run American Football team. I briefly played for them for four games in 2007, with about 20 seconds of game time for the first three and nothing at all for the fourth game. For unrelated reasons I quietly left the team, but I do have some fond memories of my time with them. But then I started hearing from friends who were on the committee that the team was treating them like crap and that the club's philosophy had changed from "playing for fun" to a very arrogant "SRS BSNS" attitude following small changes in coaching staff and the committee. I've lost any respect I had for the Phantoms - not that they were ever a good team in the first place - also the team's logo is an upside down Photoshop flame shape.

(Sidenote: I helped to develop the team's revamped website, the graphics more than anything else. I even made a pretty cool wordmark for the site's banner which they later replaced with freaking Arial.)

Chicago Bulls:

The one team I always forget to mention. To summarise: a friend of mine was a Bulls fan, I became curious and adopted them as my NBA team of choice. But this never took off and was pretty much a BLAM for me.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• 2 years later...

It's not a terrible thing this has been bumped, it's still relevant. It's just really annoying when a concept/request thread or an event-centred thread gets bumped.

Might as well explain the motive behind my madness:

Ottawa Senators: My favourite of all favourite teams, growing up and living in the city, they were always going to turn out to be a favourite of mine. Oddly enough when I was younger, I was a true Canadiens fan; but grew out of that around the lockout era. I've been a devout fan ever since. Until this season :upside:

Everton: Slightly more complicated story here. I started playing soccer when I was young, but only really started watching soccer at the 2006 world cup. Even after that I was never immersed in soccer that much, as where I live it's not popular at all. My first soccer video game was FIFA 08 and when I started playing that, I decided to pick a team. That team wasn't Everton, it was Chelsea. A team that I gravitated towards already through headlines and news about them winning championships and just being good. Not being from England, I felt no shame in cheering for a team just because they were good. So, as my feelings for soccer grew, I continued cheering for Chelsea. I really enjoyed it when they won the Champions league. But I always had some teams that I respected alongside Chelsea, that would almost take a #2 spot. One, obviously being Everton. So at the start of this season, when I truly immersed myself into the sport, I found myself tending to go for the underdog, I also liked Everton's style of play and their players. So after a few months, my feelings towards the two sides had flipped. I found myself cheering for Everton, while I still respected Chelsea, but also felt like I was cheering for them even though I didn't know anything about them for so long.

Toronto Blue Jays: I don't like to talk about this.

Chicago Bears: I can't really put a finger on why I like them, they were just a team that I gravitated towards that wasn't the Bills, Browns or Patriots. I'd say that they're the #2 or 3 team in Ottawa though, so I'm not alone in any sorts for cheering for them.

Saskatchewan Roughriders: Well, there's the whole name connection with Ottawa's old team, also, I just hate the Allouettes.

I also try to cheer for one FIFA team from each continental association, since Canada sucks and I need options. They are: Canada, Ecuador, Belgium, Ghana, Australia, and New Zealand. I'm not going to go into detail into all of them, but besides Ghana, they all have a connection to me and are where some of my friends live.

American Sports: Jets, Giants, Yankees, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Red Bull NY, Cosmos, NYCFC: Local teams.

College Football: Miami Hurricanes: Saw the 2001 team dominate and was hooked, also helps that a lot of my favorite players like Ed Reed, Jonathan Vilma, Willis McGahee, Jeremy Shockey etc. were on that team.

College Basketball: Connecticut Huskies and North Carolina Tar Heels: Got into UConn before the 2004 Tourney because of Emeka and UNC before the 2005 Tourney because they were the ultimate nemesis of the Dukies (never liked the Dook) and they use the beautiful light blue.

English soccer: Manchester United: Many reasons, namely Sir Alex, Rooney, Old Trafford (would love to go to a game someday)

Spanish soccer: Real Madrid: Ronaldo.

French soccer: Paris Saint-Germain: Ibra.

German soccer: Bayern Munich: Always been fascinated about Bavaria and Munich (the region and city they play in, hence their name), the logo and uniforms are great.

Italian soccer: AC Milan: Went to their game vs Chelsea @ Metlife and though they lost, they won me over.

Scottish soccer: Rangers FC: I don't know why, but I just see them as a cool team. Also have the cutest nicknames... Teddy Bears, Bluenose, and their fans jump around (i.e. Do the Bouncy) just like UNC.

Mexican soccer: Club America: I live in "America" (USA! USA!), they include North and South America on their crest, which makes us kind of feel included. Though Chicarito played at Chivas, I was pretty much destined to be an Americanista. They actually embrace the hatred non-Americanistas give them, their slogan "Ódiame Más!" means "Hate me more!"

Australian Rules Football: I'm a newbie to the sport, but Collingwood won my heart. Almost became a Geelong fan, but Magpie mascot >>>> Generic cat mascot.

Apparently I never posted in this the first time around, so...

Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Indians: Just lumping these three together because they're all in the same boat. I was born in Youngstown, Ohio where my dad and uncle grew up. My dad sided with the Cleveland teams. His brother with the Pittsburgh teams. Apparently I drew the wrong end of that deal, eh? :P

Columbus Blue Jackets: They're Ohio's hockey team and I fell in love after going to a game when I was seven years old in 2003. I had long since moved out to Indianapolis but I convinced my dad to stop over in Columbus for a game on one of our trips back from Youngstown to visit family... probably the best thing I've ever done. Loved this team ever since probably more than any other.

Portland Timbers: This felt like a natural transition because "Hey, I'm a CBJ fan so I should be a Crew fan, right?" Not necessarily. When I started getting into soccer after the World Cup in 2010, the Crew were coming off of a recent championship and I kind of casually tracked how they were doing. As time went on though, the ownership kept running the team into the ground and I just couldn't really get into the team and called myself an "MLS fan"—that's where the Timbers jumped in. From when Portland entered MLS, they became my "Western Conference" team and this past year, I realized I was honestly rooting for the Timbers to beat the Crew when the two teams played. The great fan culture in Portland drew me (both from support of the team and of LGBT initiatives, etc.) to the club and having an owner in Paulson that actually gave a rat's ass about the team was pretty cool too. I don't foresee this one changing unless Indy Eleven move up to MLS at any point. Getting to Providence Park is probably my next "Bucket List" item to cross off.

Aston Villa FC: Before the World Cup even came around, I figured "hey, all of my friends play FIFA so I should buy FIFA." I knew I didn't want to play with Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, or United, so I went looking for another team whose identity I really liked and found Aston Villa. Fast forward about a year and between a combination of playing with them for a little bit in FIFA 10 and knowing who they were because they, like the Browns, were owned by Randy Lerner, I decided to start following them. I looked at following a soccer team as a fun little novelty for a while but eventually really and truly fell in love with the club and the culture. I saw them on tour in Chicago in 2012 and took in a match last March at Villa Park.

Paris Saint-Germain: After Villa, PSG were the second club I started following, doing so about midway through the 2010-11 campaign. I loved Paris and the culture of the city and PSG were having a nice bounceback campaign after a lower-half finish, chasing the Champions League places, so I started following the club. Of course as we all know, the oil money came to the club the summer of 2011 but the effects weren't seen too early on and I had gotten myself hooked. Following the club during the ultimately 2nd-place finish in 2011-12 was a hell of a lot of fun and the fact that I was supporting a club that might become like Barça, Real, or United didn't really set in until the Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva acquisition in the summer of 2012. These days, PSG sit third amongst my European clubs to support but I'd still be chuffed to see them take home the UCL crown.

Hertha BSC: It took me one hell of a long time to land on a German club. In fact, Hertha were the first club I disliked when trying to get into the Bundesliga as I was playing with 1860 München in FIFA and they were my biggest rivals for promotion... as it turned out, I would go through periods where I supported Bayern, Dortmund, Leverkusen, Mönchengladbach, and St. Pauli but when it was all set and done as the 2011-12 season came towards a head, I landed on the Berliners for my support. The team would go down but when I visited the German capital in January 2013, I fell in love with the city and cemented my passion for Berlin's largest club. Somewhat related, I also casually follow Union Berlin (both because they have a great supporters culture and because they're also a Berlin club) and St. Pauli (also for the fan culture).

Indy Eleven: This is the newest club on this list (in terms of foundation) but it's pretty simple, really. I joined the Brickyard Battalion efforts to bring a team to Indy in 2012 and not too much later, the Eleven answered the bell for those calls. Can't wait for the first match April 12th.

Indiana Pacers: I've admittedly gone back-and-forth on the level to which I care about the Pacers over the years but I'm definitely "ON" for a high-level of enthusiasm with them now. Growing up as a kid in Indiana, you fall in love with basketball and the Pacers were a team I got to watch quite a bit over the years. They'll never hold a cake to rooting for my beloved Cavs but they're a real fun team right now and it's really fun being around the city when they're in the playoffs. On the flip side, I'm not a Colts fan anymore—a combination of them pricing the casual fan out of going to games and the fan base being extremely, extremely fair weather and annoying.

University of Notre Dame: I go here. But also, as a Catholic growing up in Indiana, I've been a Notre Dame fan for as long as I can remember. I'd been to 19 ND football games before I even enrolled at school here and have run that figure to 26... and it never gets old.

Youngstown State University: Both of my parents did their undergrad here. Still waiting for a men's NCAA Tournament appearance... one of the longest-tenured D1 schools to have never gone.

Ball State University: This is very casual and I don't care much but my mom did her MBA there, so...

Fremantle Dockers: This is one of my newest fandoms... decided to start following footy this season and might end up studying abroad there at some point in my college career so hey, why not?

Colorado Avalanche, Rockies; Denver Broncos, Nuggets: My mother's moving out to Colorado in the summer so I'll probably start following Colorado's teams.

6fQjS3M.png

Lakers:Growing up in southern California its hard not to be.

Dodgers: I grew up in Orange county and watched the angles win a title, my grandfather, Dad and Uncles are all Dodgers fans and I was raised that way. My Mom, aunts, brothers, and one of Uncles are all angles fans, so that gets interesting.

Kings: I started really following hockey with the Kings even though i grew in Orange County.

Rams: My family had season tickets for 10+ years prior to their move to STL, but now that they are back they are my team. 

Colts: my AFL team. being born in LA the first year without football never really watched football until around 2006 season when they won the Superbowl and Payton Manning being Payton Manning, I adopted them and have been a fan until the Rams moved back now they are my #2.

Manchester united: started watching soccer seriously after the last world cup and I chose them because the look cool and are on TV a lot. Didn't know there history at the time even now that I do I am still a fan.

LA Galaxy: before I started watching seriously I was board and nothing was on and I just happened to pick the awesome black out game in the playoffs that made me take soccer seriously and now there my second soccer team and for when I feel like going to a game.

Edited by masterchaoss
  • Like 1

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

MLB

San Francisco Giants: Before 2010, I was never really interested in baseball. I saw a bit of the 2010 World Series and didn't take it much into consideration. However, everything changed in 2012. Buying MLB 12: The Show in that summer got me much more interested in baseball. And the Giants were one of the local teams, and with San Francisco being one of my most favorite cities, I decided to go for the Giants. 2012 was such an awesome year with a magical October. Meeting the owner of the Giants in Pebble Beach, having a picture with the 2010 and 2012 World Series trophies, as well as sticking with the Giants all throughout a miserable 2013 season has planted me as a firm Giants fan. Oh, and orange and black is the best color combination, in my opinion.

Oakland Athletics: My secondary team as their the Bay Area's other MLB team. I applaud them for being consistent in postseason appearances, but dislike how they always choke, usually against Detroit. I don't hate them at all unless it's the Bay Bridge Series, in which I go for the Giants.

NBA

Golden State Warriors: The local Bay Area team. Love their uniforms and they're a pretty good team.

Phoenix Suns: Decided to have a slight interest in the Suns because I have an uncle in Phoenix. To this day, I still deny the fact that Steve Nash ever got traded to the Lakers much like I deny Ichiro Suzuki ever leaving Seattle. Also, the Suns are another orange and black team.

NHL

San Jose Sharks: I try to watch hockey every so often, and Sharks happen to be the Bay Area hockey team. Slight interest.

NFL

San Francisco 49ers: I have not the slightest interest in football, but if the Niners happen to do good in the postseason (is that what they call it in football?), I guess I can root for them.

MLS

San Jose Earthquakes: Very minor interest, but if major league soccer eventually gains enough poularity in America, I'll go by the Bay Area team by default.

Boxing

Manny Pacquiao: Honestly, how can one be Filipino and NOT root for Manny Pacquiao?

• Like 1

NHL
Anaheim Ducks:
The Mighty Ducks cartoon was one of my favorite cartoons when I was very young and I still have some episodes recorded on VHS at my house.

I don't know if I ever made the connection that it was based on an actual hockey team at that age but my parents did because I have a bunch of Mighty Ducks toddler and children clothes.
I've somewhat bounced around fandoms throughout my childhood (Flames when they went to the finals and everybody else in Calgary was a fan, Avalanche because I liked the jerseys and Paul Kariya had moved to them and whatever teams logos I liked) but I always liked the Ducks and am now just strictly a Ducks fan.

MLB
Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim:
When I started watching baseball I was a Ducks fan so I became a fan of the baseball team in Anaheim. I remember being a fan of them when they won the World Series in 2002. Like in my hockey fandom, I bounced around a few teams usually based on whatever Little League team I played for or whatever logo I liked when I was playing Backyard Baseball on the PS2. Again like the Ducks, I am now strictly an Angels fan.

Just to add on the Anaheim theme, I'm also a big Disneyland fan so maybe I'm from Anaheim in spirit or something. :P

NFL
New York Jets:
My mom went to New York City when I was young and got me a Jets t-shirt and it went from there. I kind of fell off of the NFL wagon in the last few seasons though and don't watch it as much as I did before.

NBA

Utah Jazz:

I've just started somewhat following the NBA due to one of my friends being a big basketball fan and I was looking for a team to become a fan of so I picked the Jazz. I like the current J musical note logo and I like the late 90's early 00's jerseys.

CFL
Calgary Stampeders:
Hometown team.

CHL/WHL
Calgary Hitmen:
Hometown team.

NCAA

UCLA Bruins:

Looking for a NCAA team to follow and I picked UCLA because of the Ducks and Angels.

Hawaii Warriors/Rainbow Warriors:

Got clothes gifted to me from there and I went to Hawaii a couple years ago and got more stuff.

NLL
Calgary Roughnecks:

Hometown team.

Most of my favorite teams are due to me being an impressionable child I guess.

IbjBaeE.png

Seems like it's got steam again so here's my 2 cents:

Toronto FC: Went to a game in season 1 and fell in love with the atmosphere. Since season 2 I've been a half-season ticket holder (The second my mortgage is paid off that's turning into full season seats). TFC is also my local team. Honestly, if Toronto lost all their sports teams except 1 this would be the one I'd like to see stay. Before TFC came around I followed MLS and if I had to say I was a fan of a team I'd say it was the Galaxy.

Spurs: Sticking with soccer, I'm a fan of Spurs. The reason this happened is that (although I have been a fan of soccer as long as I can remember) I didn't start following the EPL until 2010. The reason I started following Spurs was because one of my all time faves, Rafael Van der Vaart, had just transferred there. I never stopped following Spurs.

PSV Eindhoven: Simply put, I have a lot of family in Eindhoven. It's kind of funny though, my grandpa's brother is a massive supporter of PEC Zwolle. He's a huge part of the supporter's culture and always send me merch from the club. So if you look in my closet with all the t-shirts, scarves and various merch you'd think i'm a fan of that club.

Toronto Rock: Besides the whole "local team" thing, my uncle's buddy, Jim Veltman played for the Rock for years. It was Jim who got me into the sport and I fell in love with box lacrosse. In a fun turn of events, the team started using my company's services about 3 years ago and, I am their account rep.

Toronto Blue Jays, Toronto Raptors, Toronto Argos: The local teams.

Buffalo Bills: I grew up on the CFL. My dad was on the practice roster for the Argos in 1984/1985 so he always wanted me to watch the CFL. So my first real taste of NFL football came when Doug Flutie left the CFL for the Bills. Being the massive Argos fan that I was, I followed with interest. Finally, about 5/6 years I went to my first game in Buffalo and haven't skipped my yearly trip down since.

Brampton Beast (CeHL) and Brampton A's (NBL): Both are my hometown teams, both are in their first season. Both will fold or re-locate. I've been to 1 Beast game and 2 A's games. The crowds are small and i'm convinced that Brampton just doesn't care for minor league sports.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Knicks: I've been watching them since the late 90's as the only New York team in the NBA, until last year, with all the battles they had against the Heat, Pacers, and Bulls. They've stunk for the last 12 years or so but they are still my team.

Yankees: My family are all Yankee fans so it stuck.

Cosmos: Since I have problems with RBNY and NYCFC, I've decided to just root for the Cosmos.

MLS: I like the league as a whole (besides RBNY & NYCFC) and want it to grow so that the USMNT can have better players.

Rangers (NHL): I just root for them since they share the same arena with the Knicks as opposed to the Isles who are bunking with the Nets.

• Like 1

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Football

Arsenal - My grandfather was raised in North London antd use to go matches at Highbury in their glory years. I remember growing up and having my grandfather tell me stories about Arsenal teams of the past. Loved the stories and fell in love with Weighty, Viera, Bergkamp, Keown, Henry, Winterburn....what a side.

Victoria Highlanders FC - I've been supporting my local USL PDL side since the formation of the club in 2008. I''ve always been involved in the supporters section here at Royal Athletic Park, with the last two years being the president of the supporters group , the Lake Side Buoys. I love how close we are with the club front office and players. They come over to talk us supporters after every match. Plus we supporters have a say in the clubs direction. Season ticket holders are 30% stake holders in the club. We are the only football club in North America that are supporter owned.

Vancouver Whitecaps FC - due to my close proximity to Vancouver

Sydney Swans - I was in Sydney in 2003 and was hooked on AFL when I went to see Sydney v Hawthorns at the SCG. I have supported them ever since.

Seattle Seahawks:

I have been to 5 of their games and their fan base is amazing, plus they are only a few hours away

Philadelphia Phillies:

I really don't know why, except my favorite color is red and I watched them win the world series

Portland Trailblazers:

They are my home town team and I have been to a few of their games

Anaheim Ducks:

A lot of my relatives live in Orange County and ducks are one of my favorite animals

Portland Timbers:

They are my home town team (Would you believe I vouched for the Sounders until I discovered their rivalry) their fanbase is unbeleivable, but I haven't been to one of their games yet

npo_logo.png

• 1 month later...

NFL - Steelers: I was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and as with many cities that don't have any pro teams, people there end up picking and choosing different teams for different reasons. Both my parents were big football fans, so it was always on in my house growing up. My dad was a huge Cowboys fan, but one day when I was five, my mom and I were watching some postgame highlights, and my mom pointed out the team in the yellow pants on TV. She told me that they were the Steelers, and that they were really good when she was in high school. The Steelers therefore became the first team I could identify, the first team for whom I could match a name with an image, and because of that, they became my favorite. Much to the chagrin of my dad, who obviously wanted me to be a Cowboys fan.

NBA - Spurs: When basketball first entered my consciousness, I knew of two teams: the Bulls (in the midst of their second Jordan-led threepeat) and the Lakers. I chose the Lakers as my favorite, but not too long after that (I assume it was in 1999, following the Spurs first title) I became aware of the Spurs. Something about their name and their identity grabbed me, and they've been my favorite ever since.

MLB - Blue Jays: There were a few teams I took an interest in as a kid, like the Yankees (duh), the Pirates (I rooted for Pittsburgh's football team and figured I would root for their baseball team too), the Marlins (I got a teal ice cream helmet of theirs and really liked the color). But the two teams I took the greatest interest in were the Expos and Blue Jays. For some reason, as a kid, I was really tickled by the idea of Canadian baseball teams. I liked the Expos the best, in large part because I loved their logo, and if they still played in Montreal then they'd probably be my favorite team today. But they left, and now I root for the Blue Jays.

NHL - Coyotes: My first favorite hockey team was the Ducks, because I loved their purple and teal uniforms and enjoyed rooting for them in the 2003 playoffs, but I lost interest when they changed their uniforms. I'm currently attending a college in Arizona, which has led to me becoming a bigger fan of the Arizona teams. This is especially true of the Coyotes, who I had a lot of fun rooting for when they went on their run to the Western Conference Finals in 2012. On top of that, I just really like the idea of the Coyotes. I like the idea of ice hockey being played in a place where it doesn't belong according to nature, and I like the fact that the team has somehow stayed in Phoenix despite overwhelming ownership issues. So now they're my favorite team.

NCAA - New Mexico Lobos: As an Albuquerque native, UNM is the one team I actually have a legitimate reason to root for (though I've never attended UNM. As I mentioned, I go to a college in Arizona, a really tiny one that doesn't have any sports teams).

12555044613_7e41512278_o.png

Detroit Pistons: I remember going to a couple of their games when I was like 4 or 5, and I enjoy how they don't rely on one star player or a couple of star players, they play as a team.

Detroit Lions: Even if they choke, they're still my local team.

Detroit Red Wings: Great history? Check. Original 6? Check. My parents taught me from an early age to root for Steve Yzerman and co., and they've been my team ever since.

Detroit Tigers: I don't remember watching most of their games in the early 2000's, but I fell in love with them since I went to my first game in 2008. I enjoy watching THE greatest hitter in Miguel Cabrera, and they are so close to finally winning the World Series for the first time since 1984.

University of Michigan: I was either 7 or 8 years old when I flipped the T.V. channel out of boredom to a University of Michigan football game. I was blown away by their cool helmets and awesome color scheme. I've since learned to love their history and hate Ohio State. Living in Michigan, I've chosen Wolverines over Spartans (Michigan State) and I haven't looked back since.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

NFL - Seattle Seahawks: I loved the old color scheme and my first ever jersey was a Steve Largent replica back in 1987. They have been my team ever since.

MLB - Philadelphia Phillies: home team

Baltimore Orioles: I was a huge fan of Cal Ripken Jr.

NHL - Philadelphia Flyers: home team

NBA - Philadelphia 76ers: not a huge NBA fan but they are my home team

College Football - Pennsylvania State University: my alma mater and favorite NCAA team since I was young

Florida State: Somewhat of a bandwagoner on this one. When I was young in the late 80s/early 90s, I didn't know any better and like both FSU and UF. My dad said I couldn't do that so I picked the Seminoles.

Soccer - Chelsea: I saw a random EPL game with them and Liverpool in 1999 or 2000. This was before they were really good. I liked the way they played and they were a bit of an underdog back then.

NFL - New Orleans Saints: Grew into it; family's from New Orleans, born in Louisiana...unfortunately I grew up in Texas so had to deal with growing up a Saints fan in the middle of Cowboys country. I can't tell you how much I love it when the Saints beat the Cowboys; it's like an annual Christmas.

NBA - San Antonio Spurs: Grew into it; lived in San Antonio, and I haven't looked past since.

College Football - Texas A&M, LSU, USC, UTSA - Let's sit for a spell...

I was raised an Aggie (thank my Papa for that) and for the longest time I always expected to go to A&M. Unfortunately, application didn't work out and I had to go to UTSA. They didn't have their football game at the time, and since the Aggies were struggling so much, I aligned with LSU since my Dad went to one of their affiliates and it was home-state pride.

NOW, in a weird coincidence, the same year UTSA gains its football team, I was accepted to USC. So USC was my first true personal college football game; of course, now that I have two universities to my name, the Aggies are all of a sudden an A-list team so...it's been an interesting journey!

GR30a5H.png

Stanford Cardinal: Andrew Luck was a red-shirt freshman when I was really getting into college football. I'd seen games from USC with Reggie Bush, Notre Dame, Sam Bradford's Oklahoma, and other marquee match-ups and Bowl games. But there was something about this team that had caught my eyes. Their helmet stickets were something I always found interesting. They beat USC and Oregon that year. Luck and Gerhart caught my interest, and I've followed them every since.

Toronto Blue Jays: Hometown team. Went to my first games as a young boy in the Carlos Delgado days. Followed ever since.

Edmonton Oilers: Canadian team. Around the same time I went to my first Jays game, I was playing NHL 03 with Jarome Iginla on the cover, and loved the Oil Drop uniforms they had.

Toronto Raptors: Hometown team. Dinosaur uniforms. Vince. T-Mac. I don't need to go on.

Indianapolis Colts: Young SG89 liked the horseshoe logo. Older SG89 loved seeing Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, and Marvin Harrison tear apart defenses.

1425175351-U10338.png

Stanford Cardinal: Andrew Luck was a red-shirt freshman when I was really getting into college football. I'd seen games from USC with Reggie Bush, Notre Dame, Sam Bradford's Oklahoma, and other marquee match-ups and Bowl games. But there was something about this team that had caught my eyes. Their helmet stickets were something I always found interesting. They beat USC and Oregon that year. Luck and Gerhart caught my interest, and I've followed them every since.

Toronto Blue Jays: Hometown team. Went to my first games as a young boy in the Carlos Delgado days. Followed ever since.

Edmonton Oilers: Canadian team. Around the same time I went to my first Jays game, I was playing NHL 03 with Jarome Iginla on the cover, and loved the Oil Drop uniforms they had.

Toronto Raptors: Hometown team. Dinosaur uniforms. Vince. T-Mac. I don't need to go on.

Indianapolis Colts: Young SG89 liked the horseshoe logo. Older SG89 loved seeing Peyton Manning, Edgerrin James, and Marvin Harrison tear apart defenses.

Wait, you talked about the Oilers, but you mentioned Iginla (who was on their arch rival, the Flames). What kind of madness is this?

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Colorado Rockies: Hometown team, we were original season ticket holders when I was young and baseball has always been my favorite sport

Denver Broncos: Hometown team

Colorado Avalanche: Hometown team, I got really into hockey their first year in Colorado when they won the Cup

Denver Nuggets: Admittedly I am not much of an NBA fan but I like to catch a Nuggets game every once in a while

University of Arizona: My alma mater

Colorado State University: My parents' alma mater and my favorite college team growing up

Borussia Dortmund: I spent some time in the Ruhr area and went to a public viewing of Euro 2008 at Signal Iduna Park

Pumas: I love Mexico City and I am moving there in August, I always loved the Pumas logo growing up

ua_logo.jpg