Why did they...

oakland ehs

Maybe that was just an early hint to kind of say their Primary picasso coyote had to be trashed. I mean if a purple moon is better than your logo, there's a problem.

I can't imagine that logo translating well on the ice anyway. Well I guess it didn't anywhere really. Did Phoenix ever use that as their center ice logo? I remember just the moon and the head (twice, inverted).

Maybe that was just an early hint to kind of say their Primary picasso coyote had to be trashed. I mean if a purple moon is better than your logo, there's a problem.

I can't imagine that logo translating well on the ice anyway. Well I guess it didn't anywhere really. Did Phoenix ever use that as their center ice logo? I remember just the moon and the head (twice, inverted).

Although I don't have a source, I'm almost certain it never has.

• 3 weeks later...
The moon left in the 2003-04 season when the team officially left US Airways Center (then America West Arena), to move to Glendale. Even I did not realize it was 4+ years ago until this thread. I have been to a game at both places and the former was better than the latter. Club seats at USAC are great, and I even caught a "tee shot into the crowd' there and my co-wprker was surprised at how forcefully I went after a $4 shirt. Good times.

PANTONE is correct that the moon logo never was discontinued. But I must tell you that the current Coyotes head logo now at center ice WAS also used at US Airways Center at the start of the 2003-2004 season (when the current logos and color scheme replaced the original look).

But also there was no team name or arena name wordmarks around the circle at center ice in US Airways Center, just the current head logo by itself inside it.

Archived