Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

Since the other thread is becoming a bit outdated (not to mention long), I figured it's time to pick up with a new one for next season. I also figured it would be bad form to start a new season thread without some new kits to look at, so I come bearing gifts...

Cruzeiro

12040272525862710476.jpg

Real Zaragoza

realzaragozahomeqx5.jpg

Romania

FU1RU01019777.jpg

Denmark Away

prdmaxzoomkb40340pm9.jpg

Chivas Away

10RMOCHVASS0708.jpg

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since the other thread is becoming a bit outdated (not to mention long), I figured it's time to pick up with a new one for next season. I also figured it would be bad form to start a new season thread without some new kits to look at, so I come bearing gifts...

Chivas Away

10RMOCHVASS0708.jpg

Welcome to six months ago

as an avid Chivas fan I do find them horrible, the only positive is that at most they'll be worn once a year (when the team visits Necaxa, who also wears red stripes) or maybe when visiting Tecos (who have Croatian style checkers).

As for the subtlety in Mexican shirts...well I'd have to disagree. It depends on what you meant if its "wow these guys are trying designs that are way out there" then I argue that the monstrosity shown here is the only real "avant garde" shirt in Mexican soccer. I would agree that Reebok has so far been messing things up with this year's "wavy" design and 2006's "horn" design (which gets a pass because they won a championship that year) but that is hardly the norm within the federation, most other teams are too poor to have anything but sponsors on shirts.

I would also commend Reebok on coming up with this beauty:

ildtuf.jpg

Now its time to bring them in full time.

14ilxq9.png

Chivas Away

10RMOCHVASS0708.jpg

Welcome to six months ago

as an avid Chivas fan I do find them horrible, the only positive is that at most they'll be worn once a year (when the team visits Necaxa, who also wears red stripes) or maybe when visiting Tecos (who have Croatian style checkers).

As for the subtlety in Mexican shirts...well I'd have to disagree. It depends on what you meant if its "wow these guys are trying designs that are way out there" then I argue that the monstrosity shown here is the only real "avant garde" shirt in Mexican soccer. I would agree that Reebok has so far been messing things up with this year's "wavy" design and 2006's "horn" design (which gets a pass because they won a championship that year) but that is hardly the norm within the federation, most other teams are too poor to have anything but sponsors on shirts.

I would also commend Reebok on coming up with this beauty:

ildtuf.jpg

Now its time to bring them in full time.

The classic Chivas kit, it's about time (except for the big crest). What the hell was Reebok thinking with the wavy stripes and lop sided numbers, you think they were on acid. And the horn design from 2006 season can you say "Dodge Ram".

So no sponsor with that kit?

untitled21.jpg

Redskin IS a racist term, no matter how Daniel Snyder tries to spin it.

• 2 weeks later...
Any news on the new men's US National away jerseys?

Not yet. Maybe we'll see them this summer. They start qualifying in June but they are also playing two big name opponents, England on May 28 in England and Argentina in June at New York. I'd think one of these games would be a good time to break them out.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived