Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

22a06fdee38b60bdc399e42d48709480-getty-79600057dp021_los_angeles_g.jpg

Acutally I like the new MLS font, but the 1 and 7 are difficult to keep appart. Xavier has #17 btw

the MLS All Star Logo is way too crowded - less is more ... any why a new logo for each All Star Game, MLS Cup Anyway.... you end up with 100'000 logos in the end, very few recognise.

Didn't even notice the RSL sleeve change, but looks good non the less.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may or may not be the best place for this ... but look at the referee in the above photo. He's wearing anthracite-colored shorts and socks with a very bright top (yellow). Last Thursday, the top was traffic-cone orange to go along with anthracite shorts and socks.

Now, I've seen most soccer refs go with black shorts and black socks with any number of colored tops (or black), though Italy dresses their referees from head to toe in a single color: nothing shouts "Pierluigi Collina" like highlighter yellow!

xin_28080230150920307011.jpg

The most intense ref kit for the most intense ref in the sport!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Glad to see that Chelsea is going back to collars, and if Adidas is going to insist upon three sleeve stripes, ending them halfway down is an improvement.

22a06fdee38b60bdc399e42d48709480-getty-79600057dp021_los_angeles_g.jpg

Acutally I like the new MLS font, but the 1 and 7 are difficult to keep appart. Xavier has #17 btw

That's why I hate the new MLS font. Legibility is the sole primary requirement for uniform numbers, and this fails miserably. It's a terrible, terrible font that makes numbers harder to tell apart.

Glad to see that Chelsea is going back to collars, and if Adidas is going to insist upon three sleeve stripes, ending them halfway down is an improvement.

I agree on the collar. The white collar is a nice improvement. But I find the shortened sleeve stripes more annoying.

Anyone notice Matt Reis wearing a jersey from last season last night? It was pretty obvious, as he was the only person on the pitch with legible name and number on the back. ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Anyone notice Matt Reis wearing a jersey from last season last night? It was pretty obvious, as he was the only person on the pitch with legible name and number on the back. ;)

Ha, I actually meant to post something to that effect last night, but I fell asleep and forgot all about it when I woke up this morning. Obviously, MLS isn't the stickler for uniforms codes as much as the NFL, thankfully.

Absolutely in love with that new Liverpool kit. Its templated rubbish of course but all the templated bits are red for a change so its a clean look. The abbreviated three stripes are a nice (probably unintentional) throwback to the first kit adidas ever did for Liverpool where they were only on the shoulders and not the sleeves.

liverpool-1.png

Buono Coundol wore a jersey from last year as well last week. Sadly I didn't even notice last night

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

New Canada shirt

20080422_Conferencewww.JPG

I still think we need a new logo. With some gold in it!

New Logo: YES!!!!

Gold with the jersey: WHY!!! The only positive thing worth mentioning about Canadian Soccer is the gold cup from 2000.

As for the shirt itself, meh. Seen better seen worse.

image,Shane-spc-Williams,white,black.png

Archived