Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
when the hell did redcurrant replace navy as a kit element? the design would be much better with navy blue trim. I really hope that's a crappy pic and not the actual trim (which it is)

I too, miss the days of navy (we're going to be seeing some on our away kit, though) and believe that redcurrant doesn't work here. However, I do believe that it works well in other places. For instance, last year's away kit and 3rd kit were brilliant and I think that much of that was due to the use of redcurrant. Also, the Highbury commemorative shirts (2005-06?), which were in redcurrant, were beautiful.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

And considering that "claret with blue sleeves" is as much Villa as "red with white sleeves" is Arsenal, I don't like it for the Villans either.

Villa have regularly mixed it up since the 80s with stripes, sleeves, no blue at all etc at different times. Its not a huge shock to see them in a kit like this.

liverpool-1.png

Looks like Aston Villa is using the same template as Arsenal.

newvillafm2.jpg

And considering that "claret with blue sleeves" is as much Villa as "red with white sleeves" is Arsenal, I don't like it for the Villans either.

These are merely Photoshopped speculation. Essentially, it's a concept made by some random person, not a representation of what Villa is going to wear this year.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Speaking of Arsenal, here's a pic of the new shirts from The Sun.

Notice the text of the article:

HERE is the final proof that Cesc Fabregas is still Gunner be a Gooner next season.

Our exclusive picture shows the Spanish superstar in Arsenal?s new kit alongside William Gallas, Theo Walcott and Manuel Almunia.

Midfield maestro Fab has also been promised a spanking new £90,000-a-week Emirates deal.

Didn't Thierry Henry appear in promotional materials for Arsenal's new kits last summer before leaving?

no, but Patrick Viera did for the Highbury shirts in 04-05 *angrily shakes fist*

and that's the Sun, which is basically crap. Fabregas *has* apparently been working on a new deal, but it wasn't because he was going to go - it's to extend the length of time he's protected by the club so that he won't get into the sort of nonsense Ronaldo is in now, or Hleb is in now, or Henry was.

also I really really like our new socks. The one thing I've always been upset with is how incredibly white our home kit looks, especially the last two years, so throwing more red into the socks is awesome.

harperdc.gif

no, but Patrick Viera did for the Highbury shirts in 04-05 *angrily shakes fist*

and that's the Sun, which is basically crap. Fabregas *has* apparently been working on a new deal, but it wasn't because he was going to go - it's to extend the length of time he's protected by the club so that he won't get into the sort of nonsense Ronaldo is in now, or Hleb is in now, or Henry was.

also I really really like our new socks. The one thing I've always been upset with is how incredibly white our home kit looks, especially the last two years, so throwing more red into the socks is awesome.

I knew it...

arsenal.jpg

(Sorry Arsenal fans)

And, yeah, I know The Sun is rubbish. I don't believe anything I read in it. I check it out for recreation and, of course, Page 3.

The Times is the place to go for EPL news.

oh crap I forgot about that :(

I *know* I had a picture in an old FourFourTwo with Viera in ye-olde-time-football getup promo-ing the Highbury shirt. Forgot about Thierry in last year's stuff :(

harperdc.gif

More concerned about that Arsenal keeper shirt. Looks like Nike are going for the old adidas close-your-eyes-and-draw-some-lines-on-the-shirt approach.

That keeper's shirt seems to be the template for Nike teams for the upcoming year? I saw some pictures of Mark Schwarzer wearing a shirt with that stripe during a recent World Cup qualifying game against Iraq. Not only that, I noticed Australia's training shirts all had that stripe.

I saw, I came, I left.

More concerned about that Arsenal keeper shirt. Looks like Nike are going for the old adidas close-your-eyes-and-draw-some-lines-on-the-shirt approach.

That keeper's shirt seems to be the template for Nike teams for the upcoming year? I saw some pictures of Mark Schwarzer wearing a shirt with that stripe during a recent World Cup qualifying game against Iraq. Not only that, I noticed Australia's training shirts all had that stripe.

Nike calls them the 'Cut-and-Sew' style. Don't ask me why, they just do. On another note, if Arsenal does with Cesc what they did with Henry, I will personally get on a plane to England, go down to Emirates Stadium and kill everyone in Arsenal's front office.

Full Everton kits (not the leaked pics)

everton_home_08_09_umbro__kit.jpg

everton_home_gk_08_09_umbro__kit.jpg

That GK kit is to design what Shaq is to shooting free throws. From the looks of it, Timmy agrees.

Archived