Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a bad kit for anyone, really.

Interesting to see a new JJB logo.

Not only that, but perhaps a new Wigan Athletic logo?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

there are better pics up on footballshirtculture, but yeah, the crest is done in black and white for this one.

And there's a new yellow away, too, much lighter - its colors are more reminiscent of Arsenal's 03-04 kit than last year's Chelsea highlighter kits - but I don't know if that's the away or the third.

harperdc.gif

Is it just me or does the crest look all blacked out?

I'm sure it is. Chelsea tends to change the color of its crest to match the change strips.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I believe it is a fake, but I saw somewhere that it's still what the kit will look like.

I've seen that somewhere as well. I mean, this is still a photoshop job, but what we have there isn't far off from what might be it.

Ugh, Arsenal's gonna look weird for the next couple of years. Good thing their away kit from last year is staying on as a Europe away.

The number placement is odd, and the sash looks to be at a weird angle.

Is that a new badge for Guatemala?

I'm surprised the front of that shirt's so clean. I figured El Pescadito would have fallen over a few times in it already. :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

its the font all puma shirts have been subjected to, since the african cup of nations...ruined some fairly decent shirts (including italy's current set) though puma seems to have used one template for all teams at euro 2008...

With regards to Guatemala, the badge on the otherside would make more sense, then have a white puma over the blue sash.

but it looks awesome

I would have to disagree. Crests are usually worn on that side of the jersey so that they are over the player's heart. To me, having the crest over the heart makes more sense than having a corporate logo over the heart.

The number placement is odd, but with all the other stuff going on on that jersey, there's really nowhere else to put it.

The number font is hideous, but a nice kit from Puma, better than adidas ever did with them.

On the contrary, Puma seems to be using two slightly different templates at Euro 2008. Home teems use the V-neck simple template with the halftone-esque, numbers, and the away teams use the collared shirts with numbers that are more straight-forward - only slightly broken up.

the font's only bad from close in, but watching a game on TV it's very readable and clear. From the usual TV camera angle, it's a nice blocky italicized number font. You only notice the pixelated style of the font when they show close-ups or close photos like the one above.

at least it does its job: it's readable for fans watching from a distance away.

harperdc.gif

Archived