Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not a fan of the new Inter kit mainly because of the downplayed Pirelli logo. To me the logo covering the full chest is perfect. This is not.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. The smaller the ad the better and the way they did it is classy imho. I wish more teams did that.

AJM: I know. It was an attempt at a joke about Nike's lack of creativity (upon reflection, a poor one). My bad. In any case, I wish Atletico had kept last year's way kit, which was gorgeous.

Word. Atletico should definately have kept their kits from last year...I hate to see good ones replaced with plain ones.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Would they even have front numbers?

nope, which is what screams "fake" to me.

and unlike Barca, Inter stay very regular and never do two-thirds or splits for their kit - it's always striped. And always striped more than that mockup.

I bet...yep, that crest is from last year's centenary too. I don't think they'll keep it for next season. And the smaller Pirelli is also probably from last year's away kit, which had the small logo because it was Inter's 100 year anniversary and they (like city rivals Milan) used the crest/flag of the city of Milan - white with a red cross - as the basis of their away kit.

inter-milan-away-07-08.jpg

in '99 Milan replaced their crest with the white and red cross for the year. I thought they did something like Inter did last season, but I can't find it on GIS.

harperdc.gif

new Chivas jersey today, looks like its a yearly thing now so clearly a money grab. The thing is the shirts have been getting progressively worse each year since Reebok started making them. This years are absolutely dreadful, mind you I've only "officially" seen the away shirt, but the home is the same except for the traditional red stripes replacing the lemon green stripes.

chiv2-1.jpg

Horrible, just horrible: the colors, the stripes, the huge "RBK's"...will try to get an image of the home jersey up asap.

14ilxq9.png

Mexican soccer jerseys just suck in general. then again I'm much more a fan of the English/European teams and game, but some of the smaller leagues' jerseys look waaaaaaay too low rent and busy.

harperdc.gif

ThirdKitHidden.gif

Rapids to Debut New Third Kit Next Wednesday

COMMERCE CITY, CO (June 30, 2008) - Want to be a part of Rapids club history? Then join the Rapids as they reveal their brand-new third kit next week!

The Colorado Rapids have announced that they will be debuting their new third uniform at their home international match next Wednesday, July 9, when they take on Mexico's Tigres at 8:00pm at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.

This is the perfect chance for Rapids fans to get a first look at the new uniforms, which the team will wear exclusively when taking on opponents in international competition.

There is only one way to get to see the Rapids' new look for the first time in person: by attending next Wednesday's match!

Don't have your game tickets yet? Be a part of the celebration of the club's new third kit by purchasing your match tickets for the Rapids vs. Tigres game online by clicking here.

The Rapids' third jerseys will be available for purchase in limited inventory. The authentic third jerseys will retail for $90 and will be available exclusively for purchase through the Rapids' official team store, Altitude Authentics, both at the Team Store at Dick's Sporting Goods Park next week as well as online at their website by clicking here.

Help celebrate the launch of the Rapids' brand-new third kits, and be there for the club's first international match of the year at Dick's Sporting Goods Park when your Rapids take on Tigres next Wednesday, July 9!

3rd Kit

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Archived