Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

Chelsea yellows look classy, certainly better than their road-safety ones from last year.

and MLS-Rumors is a pile of trash. I don't trust rumors until they're substantiated *folds arms across chest*

harperdc.gif

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it should.

Feeder is part of being minor league, but there are lots of independent leagues in the US that don't feed - the Northern League, the Golden League, etc. While not part of the Minors (capital M, copyrighted), I'd call them minor leagues.

Then, there are the clubs like Colorado, Real Salt Lake, and especially Chivas, which are affiliated in various fashions with a larger club in a larger league. That tells me about the relative level of MLS in the world.

FWIW, I do call the Championship a minor league. Maybe I'm alone in that, maybe not. There are clubs in the Eredivisie that can hold their own with any in the world - MLS can't say that. Maybe one day it will be a major league, but it sure as heck isn't there yet.

You call the SIXT richest league in Europe a minor league? Odd.

spuradd55td9.jpg

the Eredivisie is in a level below the major leagues, IMO.

Premiership, La Liga and Serie A ---> Bundesliga, Portuguese league, Ligue 1, Eredivisie ---> Scottish Prem, etc.

[edit] and the best of those leagues for competition, action, and fan-friendliness at the gates is probably the Bundesliga.

harperdc.gif

Puahahahahaahahah...yeah, of course, puahahahahahahah!

I suppose you prefer tossing Vespas off of the upper deck in terms of footballing pleasure?

Back on topic...

Arminia Bielefeld continues to flaunt the fashion police with their home strip You've been warned:

1382_0.jpg

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I was just noticing, why does Brazil not have their crest on the kits at the Olympics, I think they look rather ridiculous in just plain yellow shirts.

Teams aren't allowed to wear the crests of their national sports federations at the Olympics. Those who do are subject to fines. Some replace them with their national Olympic committee logos; some tape over them; some change them up; some just go without.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cheers for the Houston Picture !

I don't like the "neck/colar" specially since it's not a finished one.

I do like the Flag on the sleeve + increased MLS Logo aswell as the different colored sleeve.

Wonder how the template looks from the back.

What I don't understand why adidas doesn't use the stripes use a bit differently every once in a while... shoulders, down the sleeves can only be as original for a while.

Imagine a 3 striped diagonal sash, a DC United/France like horizontal stripes or down the sides of the shirt instead of the shoulders for a change.

Archived