Sign in to follow this  
zjac7

Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

Chelsea yellows look classy, certainly better than their road-safety ones from last year.

and MLS-Rumors is a pile of trash. I don't trust rumors until they're substantiated *folds arms across chest*

Maybe it should.

Feeder is part of being minor league, but there are lots of independent leagues in the US that don't feed - the Northern League, the Golden League, etc. While not part of the Minors (capital M, copyrighted), I'd call them minor leagues.

Then, there are the clubs like Colorado, Real Salt Lake, and especially Chivas, which are affiliated in various fashions with a larger club in a larger league. That tells me about the relative level of MLS in the world.

FWIW, I do call the Championship a minor league. Maybe I'm alone in that, maybe not. There are clubs in the Eredivisie that can hold their own with any in the world - MLS can't say that. Maybe one day it will be a major league, but it sure as heck isn't there yet.

You call the SIXT richest league in Europe a minor league? Odd.

the Eredivisie is in a level below the major leagues, IMO.

Premiership, La Liga and Serie A ---> Bundesliga, Portuguese league, Ligue 1, Eredivisie ---> Scottish Prem, etc.

[edit] and the best of those leagues for competition, action, and fan-friendliness at the gates is probably the Bundesliga.

[edit] and the best of those leagues for competition, action, and fan-friendliness at the gates is probably the Bundesliga.

Puahahahahaahahah...yeah, of course, puahahahahahahah!

Have Australia changed kits?? They are wearing adidas kits at the olympics.

The Olyroos are not the Socceroos. Adidas supplies our Olympic teams, Nike remains the supplier for the Socceroos.

Puahahahahaahahah...yeah, of course, puahahahahahahah!

I suppose you prefer tossing Vespas off of the upper deck in terms of footballing pleasure?

Back on topic...

Arminia Bielefeld continues to flaunt the fashion police with their home strip You've been warned:

1382_0.jpg

I was just noticing, why does Brazil not have their crest on the kits at the Olympics, I think they look rather ridiculous in just plain yellow shirts.

I was just noticing, why does Brazil not have their crest on the kits at the Olympics, I think they look rather ridiculous in just plain yellow shirts.

Teams aren't allowed to wear the crests of their national sports federations at the Olympics. Those who do are subject to fines. Some replace them with their national Olympic committee logos; some tape over them; some change them up; some just go without.

cheers for the Houston Picture !

I don't like the "neck/colar" specially since it's not a finished one.

I do like the Flag on the sleeve + increased MLS Logo aswell as the different colored sleeve.

Wonder how the template looks from the back.

What I don't understand why adidas doesn't use the stripes use a bit differently every once in a while... shoulders, down the sleeves can only be as original for a while.

Imagine a 3 striped diagonal sash, a DC United/France like horizontal stripes or down the sides of the shirt instead of the shoulders for a change.

I hope these aren't the real thing. That blue sleeve is horrible. Make both sleeves orange and you have a winner.

I don't like the blue sleeve, but i do enjoy the fact that Houston makes such extensive use of the light blue.

Houston's uniforms get uglier and uglier every year. :(

Nice job, adidas.

Today West Ham have covered up their belly-up sponsor logo with a white box with a black number inside. Kind of clashes with the rest of the kit, but it certainly looks better than last week.

West Ham decided to sport numbers on their shirts to cover up their old sponsor instead of last week's claret block...

0,,12562~3838018,00.jpg

Interesting to see an EPL club with numbers on the front. I didn't actually notice the tri-color outline while watching the match until I snagged that picture from their website.