Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow! In my honest opinion, the U.S. Men's National Team"missed the boat" with both of their new kits. The home jersey looks like something that you'd see being worn on a golf course, while the road kit appears to be Graphite in color. Major disappointments. I won't be purchasing either one.

Totally agree. Not only is the home kit bland, but the road fails to resemble a color typically associated with the NT. Hard to believe that this is the same company that produced one of the best US MNT kits (the Don't Tread on Me red kit) absolutely flopped on these. A very underwhelming look.

Thirded. The only thing I can really add is long live the 06-08 kits.

New ref gear from adidas

22a06fdee38b60bdc399e42d48709480-getty-79600057dp021_los_angeles_g.jpg

What is going on with the shorts in this picture?

Abel Xavier had just went to ground to tackle a player and was called for a (-n extremely soft) penalty.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

nice job posting the ref uniforms from the one game where there was some serious ref action :D the end of that game got HEATED. Was fun to watch for the schadenfreude.

agreed with the masses about the new USMNT alts. If they were the thirds, I wouldn't mind, but considering just how good the World Cup home and away were...damn.

harperdc.gif

Cue the "OMGWTFBBQUSSR why does everything in Canada have to have a maple leaf" complaints. (I'm not one who would use that, though.)

I like it, even if it's a little busy. The text on the MLS logo looks off to my untrained eye.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It's not a kit, or maybe it warrants it's own thread, but this is the 2008 MLS All-Star logo

0,,12562~3620197,00.jpg

WOW! I like it a lot, but it would have been nice to include the Toronto flag in the design. It seemed that MLS was heading that way with the last two All-Star game designs.

http://www.coloradorapids.com/News/NewsDet...ID=k+tPla+MjVU=

http://www.mlsnet.com/mls/events/all_star/2006/

I also think that this design, with a few tweaks, would also make for a very nice Canadian Soccer Association logo to replace the current one. As soon as we SACK THE CSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then we can bring it on board.

Archived