Sign in to follow this  
zjac7

Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

Another look at the 1 and 7. If the top edge of the 1 came straight down instead of extending just short of 7 I could tell them apart.

Wow! In my honest opinion, the U.S. Men's National Team"missed the boat" with both of their new kits. The home jersey looks like something that you'd see being worn on a golf course, while the road kit appears to be Graphite in color. Major disappointments. I won't be purchasing either one.

Totally agree. Not only is the home kit bland, but the road fails to resemble a color typically associated with the NT. Hard to believe that this is the same company that produced one of the best US MNT kits (the Don't Tread on Me red kit) absolutely flopped on these. A very underwhelming look.

Thirded. The only thing I can really add is long live the 06-08 kits.

New ref gear from adidas

22a06fdee38b60bdc399e42d48709480-getty-79600057dp021_los_angeles_g.jpg

What is going on with the shorts in this picture?

Abel Xavier had just went to ground to tackle a player and was called for a (-n extremely soft) penalty.

nice job posting the ref uniforms from the one game where there was some serious ref action :D the end of that game got HEATED. Was fun to watch for the schadenfreude.

agreed with the masses about the new USMNT alts. If they were the thirds, I wouldn't mind, but considering just how good the World Cup home and away were...damn.

Did anyone else notice the difference between the RSL shirts they displayed at the NSCAA convention and those they wore on Saturday? I guess they listened to the complaints that the sleeves should be blue to maintain some sort of tradition with the uniforms.

l_037b43bcf368f7584b0e5fb9c0ac39e7.jpg

vs

espindola-prideaux.jpg

I almost thought they were wearing last year's kits when I first clicked on the match. They do look better with the blue sleeves though

The Fire really need to find a better way to integrate their chest stripe. It looks really slapped on, as it is.

It's not a kit, or maybe it warrants it's own thread, but this is the 2008 MLS All-Star logo

0,,12562~3620197,00.jpg

Cue the "OMGWTFBBQUSSR why does everything in Canada have to have a maple leaf" complaints. (I'm not one who would use that, though.)

I like it, even if it's a little busy. The text on the MLS logo looks off to my untrained eye.

It's not a kit, or maybe it warrants it's own thread, but this is the 2008 MLS All-Star logo

0,,12562~3620197,00.jpg

WOW! I like it a lot, but it would have been nice to include the Toronto flag in the design. It seemed that MLS was heading that way with the last two All-Star game designs.

http://www.coloradorapids.com/News/NewsDet...ID=k+tPla+MjVU=

http://www.mlsnet.com/mls/events/all_star/2006/

I also think that this design, with a few tweaks, would also make for a very nice Canadian Soccer Association logo to replace the current one. As soon as we SACK THE CSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then we can bring it on board.

Ok, I'm posting this in two places, but here's the new home shirt for the USL-1 Minnesota Thunder.

navy2008thunderjersey.jpg

damn ! thats one sweet ass jersey

I like that rose red. Very nice.

Exhibition game against the Earthquakes?

Looks like they are wearing the new Nike Tiempo template. I like their kit but they really need to not place a number on the front when they already have a sponsor logo there.