Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

zjac7

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i guarantee that they got that rumor from months ago on the bigsoccer boards. Soccer Insider Steve Goff reported that United was in talks with a foreign car company, but couldnt confirm which one, DCU supporters made that mockup on the bigsoccer boards. i dont believe anything until Goff says its true. :D

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

i guarantee that they got that rumor from months ago on the bigsoccer boards. Soccer Insider Steve Goff reported that United was in talks with a foreign car company, but couldnt confirm which one, DCU supporters made that mockup on the bigsoccer boards. i dont believe anything until Goff says its true. :D

actually, the rumor came from someone who saw the shirt at unisports offices:

"Not sure it's much of a rumor, but Ioday I saw DC United's new shirt sponsor over at the uni-sport.com'a office in LA..

Looks like VW will be joining the league as a shirt sponsor not Verizon as many thought. The big VW in front looks better than the stupid herbalife logo in front my beloved team's shirt. Pass message to the masse.

and another email:

"btw, This is the real deal, on your scale of likely to happen (0 -5) this is a 12.

Furthermore it will only be the round VW found in the Wolfsburg jersey, roughly about 6" - 8".

Black and Silver (could be white, I couldn't tell as I wasn't wearing my glasses) for the away white jersey, and Silver or white on black for the home jersey.

No wording, only the round logo...you can take that to the bank...it's a done deal."

New Logo: YES!!!!

Gold with the jersey: WHY!!! The only positive thing worth mentioning about Canadian Soccer is the gold cup from 2000.

As for the shirt itself, meh. Seen better seen worse.

Not on the jersey itself, just the logo mate. Like team Canada for hockey.

untitled-6.jpg

New Logo: YES!!!!

Gold with the jersey: WHY!!! The only positive thing worth mentioning about Canadian Soccer is the gold cup from 2000.

As for the shirt itself, meh. Seen better seen worse.

Not on the jersey itself, just the logo mate. Like team Canada for hockey.

Hockey Canada only added gold to their logo after winning gold at the 2002 Olympics, plus a few other tournaments (there was one year not too long ago when they held the Olympic, world men's, world women's and world junior titles). Once Canadian soccer matches that level of excellence, I think we can add gold, but not before.

Your number and letter fonts are slightly off. They should look more like this. Also, I think that the England badge is slightly lower on the calf than your depiction has it and the Umbro logo should be at about mid-shin. Finally, on the shorts, there is a small space between the shield and the box with 'England' inside (see here) and the diamonds on the side of the short are slightly lighter than you have them (link)

In other news, here is another picture of the 08/09 Arsenal home shirt for all of my fellow Gunners fans.

arsenal-08-09-leaked-nike-shirt.jpg

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

sweden-umbro-euro_2008-away-shirt.jpg

New Sweden 2nds

Damn, beat me to it. :P

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As A Sweden fan I have to say I hate that. One of my favorite tihngs about Swdish sports teams (at least soccer and ice hockey) is how they only wear blue and yellow, the colors on the flag. Black has no significance to Sweden, its just there as a trend color. I have to say BOOO to umbro who jerseys have been looking terrible lately, after there good ones at the world cup.

1.) I have heard the Sheffield United shirt was designed by a fan, which would explain why it looks like the old Adidas template. A fan probably saw that old template, loved it, and wanted to design it for his (or her) own club. That said, Le Coq Sportif should have put the kiebash on it once they noticed how similar it was to the Adidas template.

2.) I think the Sweden shirt is actually navy instead of black. Neither color may have much significance to Sweden, but the navy isn't quite so unprecedented. The reversible away shirt worn before Euro 2004 was navy on one side, royal on the other, the Centenary shirt in 2005 was gold with predominantly navy trim, and both the centenary shirt and the 2004-2006 away shirt were paired with navy shorts.

There are to many words on that Spurs jersey. Just 'Mansion.com' would've worked fine without a full description of what they are.

I agree, but I reckon they want more people to know what their business actually is all about. Nobody had even heard of Mansion before they started sponsoring Spurs.

Like that there is more blue details on the shirt. They will also return to navy shorts and for the first time wear navy/white hooped socks.

spuradd55td9.jpg

Archived