Sign in to follow this  
zjac7

Soccer/Football Kits 08/09

An update of this logo would have eclipsed both those two:

qprold.png

(Apologies for the small pic)

agree

off topic i know (apologies!) but i just wanted to say williamrhys' sig is awesome - i'm also also part of the sunday and wednesday night hardcore!

An update of this logo would have eclipsed both those two:

qprold.png

(Apologies for the small pic)

Nah, i'd still take the original. This one screams Serie A to me . Not a good thing.

off topic i know (apologies!) but i just wanted to say williamrhys' sig is awesome - i'm also also part of the sunday and wednesday night hardcore!

Thanks man, made it myself. Just a pity I couldn't find any good pics of JC to use. Glad to know there are others out there who half kill themselves staying awake to watch the baseball!

The new QPR badge does look like a securities brokerage, true, but the old one is depressingly cheesy and dated.

Thanks man, made it myself. Just a pity I couldn't find any good pics of JC to use. Glad to know there are others out there who half kill themselves staying awake to watch the baseball!

Since i visited Wrigley Field in 2001 I've been hooked...I met Josh at the British Baseball final a few years back...

If I've finished my degree portfolio (which really has been killing me) I'll be cheering on the Twins against the Red Sox tonight...

Chelsea are wearing their new kits today. Cech is visible from the space station. The bright orange kit is blinding

Portsmouth wore their new away kits at home against Fulham. They have a new badge as well.

prd_maxzoom_pfc-43531.jpg

newLogo.gif

So Borussia is finally embracing the youth movement. Maybe someone should tell them they should actually pick up players over the age of 17 instead of under. :lol:

Jan Koller thanks you for the age compliment. :D

I actually giggled out loud at that one.

Chelsea wore their new home kits today in their failed attempt at a Premier League title, complete with Petr Cech in highligher orange (the outfield already took yellow) with black socks to match his poofy hat.

Chelsea.jpg

I wouldn't can headgear to protect the slight breakage in his skull "poofy", though those kits are woeful. As are the new Portsmouth and Liverpool ones i saw yesterday.

Did anyone else see Olof Mellberg's farewell gesture to the Villa fans? He bought all 3000 fans who travelled to West Ham a Villa shirt with "Mellberg - Thanks 4 Your Support" on the back. Now thats a classy guy.

I wouldn't can headgear to protect the slight breakage in his skull "poofy", though those kits are woeful. As are the new Portsmouth and Liverpool ones i saw yesterday.

Did anyone else see Olof Mellberg's farewell gesture to the Villa fans? He bought all 3000 fans who travelled to West Ham a Villa shirt with "Mellberg - Thanks 4 Your Support" on the back. Now thats a classy guy.

Thats a class gesture, he really has been a great servant to that club and will be a massive loss to them, also if Barry goes it will be another big blow.

Well Man Utd. are the champs.. they're celebration was a little...well... very affectionate.

Well Man Utd. are the champs.. they're celebration was a little...well... very affectionate.

The worst part was senile old git Fergie swaying along to "We are the Champions".

Anyway, love the return of the collar to the Chelsea kit.

Portsmouth wore their new away kits at home against Fulham. They have a new badge as well.

prd_maxzoom_pfc-43531.jpg

newLogo.gif

The interesting part, I thought, about these was that they lined the letters for the player's name up so that they were all within the blue part near the neck, and they followed the contour of it. Not the straight across nor the semi-circle we've seen in the short time since the new PL font was introduced. Clears it up, though, as I first thought the numbers and letters would all be pushed down onto the white area.

I know the old Wigan crest was busy as hell, but it's a great bit better than the new one. Tree uprooting from a crown? Ridiculous. Hope they pull a Coventry and dump the "modernized" garbage.

Why are so many new badges so plain? Is it to keep production costs down? I know it's a complicated mismash of elements and the green was just slapped on it to appeal to Irish/Catholic fans, but Liverpool's badge and similarly-styled ones remind me of the tradition of the clubs, because they're so obviously the result of a long evolution. I'd only like to see some clubs add a bit of depth to their badges, like most American logos. (And like Arsenal did, sorta, and several clubs in Russia.)

I think Wigan's old badge was just the city crest, and Newcastle's too. Not unique enough for me. Maybe Wigan Warriors will drop their Burger King badge for something similar to WAFC's? Same ground, same owner.

BTW, the crown and tree motifs are in Wigan's borough crest but the essential motif is a crowned castle. (The tree was added for a different reason.)