University of Texas-San Antonio's new roadrunner..

Old School Fool

definitely an improvement on that old one (which looked like something you'd find in a cheap coloring book). but for some reason it reminds me of a mix of the atlanta hawks and baltimore ravens logos

definitely an improvement on that old one (which looked like something you'd find in a cheap coloring book). but for some reason it reminds me of a mix of the atlanta hawks and baltimore ravens logos

Hmm. I see where you're coming from, but what it reminds me of is the Iowa Hawkeyes logo. At least in terms of its flat bidemsionality, blocky formal stylization, and how very much not-2008 it looks. That roadrunner logo should be able to survive for many decades without looking dated.

20082614447.png

Is there more stuff? You know, wordmarks, alts, etc.

I could not find any more logos on the school website or during a search.

Here's one from their Video sign up page:

RowdyRoadrunner_UTSA.jpg

Here is their Conference Basketball Tourney Logo for 2008

SouthlandBBTourneyLogo2008.gif

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Will look good on football helmets, not really sure if it will on anything else. I believe the football team is to start play either this season or 2009.

No decision has been made yet on a football team. The students passed an athletic fee increase, but the plan still has to be approved by the University of Texas System board of regents. Even if it is, the team won't play until 2010 or 2011.

It's all but confirmed; all the Board of Regents have to do is say "yay" and it's good to go.

It's more dynamic than our old one; should work with our football helmets.

We'll be back playing football in the Southland at Lamar in 2010. Did A&M-Corpus scrap the idea for now?

On a side not I think our logo should look alright on a helmet.lamar.gif

The roadrunner is awesome - clean and distinctive. I can see what you mean about the Bal. Raven, but it stands apart. I don't think it's even the same with the exception of it being the head of a bird. The Raven is round of the front part of the logo while the Roadrunner has more of a jagged/sharp edge to it.

Either way - solid logo by a great designer.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived