Edmonton Oilers Concept

rickzombo

I love the two-toned blue with the orange. I agree that the orange jersey may not look great on the ice. Also, when I see these colors, I think more of the Islanders than the Oilers. I think its more of a oceany scheme, while I think of the Oilers in bolder, stronger colors.

Well...

Mining%20Cable%20-%20Pic5.jpg

Ehh, bit of a stretch maybe. I still absolutely love the idea and think the concept is beautiful.

Your point is...

His point is that its a picture of an ocean with an oil rig...and comparing it to the concept, that its a stretch to say that the concept has an "oceany scheme".

Fair enough. Maybe oceany wasn't the right term. It's just when you think of lighthouses and nautical-type themes, you tend to think of lighter colors. The SB logo for San Diego (XXXVII?) is a good example. Considering the Fisherman jerseys that the Isles sported a few years ago, I think that the lighter blue and orange may work better for them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I love the two-toned blue with the orange. I agree that the orange jersey may not look great on the ice. Also, when I see these colors, I think more of the Islanders than the Oilers. I think its more of a oceany scheme, while I think of the Oilers in bolder, stronger colors.

Well...

Mining%20Cable%20-%20Pic5.jpg

Ehh, bit of a stretch maybe. I still absolutely love the idea and think the concept is beautiful.

Your point is...

His point is that its a picture of an ocean with an oil rig...and comparing it to the concept, that its a stretch to say that the concept has an "oceany scheme".

Fair enough. Maybe oceany wasn't the right term. It's just when you think of lighthouses and nautical-type themes, you tend to think of lighter colors. The SB logo for San Diego (XXXVII?) is a good example. Considering the Fisherman jerseys that the Isles sported a few years ago, I think that the lighter blue and orange may work better for them.

the islanders wouldn't look bad in a 2 tone blue and orange. especially the old fisherman logo. Anaheim's template is best suited for this logo.

islerecolor.png

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

How in the sam hill do you do that onto actual players?

They look great.

This is all done in photoshop. I started off with finding a high rez phto of a player in their away white jersey which had to be stripped down to make all white (this wasn't that difficult considering the current road jerseys are pretty much already pure white). Then I basically painted the patterns I wanted using a new layer for every colour/pattern etc. The key is to have the layer you're using to paint on the jersey set to multiply in the layers palate. This will replicate the contour of the jersey fabric into the colour you've chosen to draw on top the original photo.

307381509.jpg

It's way to close to this--

One of the worst WHA uniforms ever

While I applaud your efforts in the display of your idea, and it isn't merely aping their original unis, but tweaking them.

It's not appealing to my taste.

It's scary.

But hey--keep going for it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

i'm a very big fan of the white jersey, but not so much the orange. the orange uniform looks like an alternate.

if you made a blue version as the home, i think you'd have an awesome uniform set.

This is all done in photoshop. I started off with finding a high rez phto of a player in their away white jersey which had to be stripped down to make all white (this wasn't that difficult considering the current road jerseys are pretty much already pure white). Then I basically painted the patterns I wanted using a new layer for every colour/pattern etc. The key is to have the layer you're using to paint on the jersey set to multiply in the layers palate. This will replicate the contour of the jersey fabric into the colour you've chosen to draw on top the original photo.

there wouldnt happen to be an online tutorial would there?

bufg.png

there wouldnt happen to be an online tutorial would there?

Ohh, this is kinda funny. Another forum I'm in the people are beastly at Photoshop manips and the like and they have no idea what vectors are. This is the opposite(no offense :P).

It's actually really, really simple. It's called Blending modes. In the Layers dialog, you know where you manage all your layers and stuff well on the top of that mini window there is a drop down menu that should say "Normal." Drop that down and select "Multiply." Some of the options have really cool effects. Basically draw the jersey while on Normal and then set to Multiply and it will look realistic. This is the key to doing concepts on real pics.

photoshop-blending-modes-and-opacity-10.jpg See where it says "Normal?" That's it.

An overview:

http://www.northlite.net/ps/blend.htm

Wonderful job for the look of it.

As for the concept, it reminds me too much of the actual SJ Sharks stripping... And maybe add shoulders logos!

But I would love to see more photoshop concepts like this one...

God I wish I would know how to use this program...

Le QUÉBÉCOIS

sign_zps3c6a5c3f.jpg

Archived