My High School Hockey team... in 1910-1912!

Neon_Matrix

I totally stole this pic from Paul Lukas... but I think he would allow me in this instance.

I went onto this mornings (4/03/08) update and noticed to my surprise, he had a link to a picture of Toronto Maple Leafs founder, a known Alumni to my old High School - Jarvis Collegiate Institute (Toronto, Ontario) - in our schools old hockey jerseys (which I had NEVER seen before). I thought this was absolutely amazing, not just because it showed Smythe but also because those jerseys are awesome! I am going to try and find out for him what exactly those jersey patches are for, which I told him I believe they are either Military rankings (we had a cadet program) or badges of tournaments won, since some players have 1 or 2, while the guy on the top right has none. I will try to find a larger version of this pic to examine it more closely because no one at the school now would know anything about it... or really care (so sad).

I know I didn't have to make a post about this... but I feel a sense of joy seeing not only an iconic figure but seeing him in my old High School's colours (which I cannot tell what they were at this time in B&W, although, now it is red, white and blue...) and in a jersey which looks absolutely bitchin'!!!!

2308839899_371353abe5_o.jpg

Conn is on the bottom right.

Has anyone else ever seen very old pictures of their schools, or even of different teams uniforms which just made their jaws drop for one reason or another, either because they were great (in this case, AMAZING) or awful and glad that they only exist in the past?

I'd like to know if anyone else has had a moment like I have experienced.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived