Sign in to follow this  
rams80

Sean Landeta Retires

Sean Landeta Retires

Played NFL football until 46....not bad at all.

IMO there are two punters who should ultimately be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Ray Guy and Sean Landeta.

I do believe that he's the last person from Tecmo Bowl to retire.

First Favre, then Sapp, now Landeta? I guess they do come in threes.

I'm supposed to drive by his college stadium within the next hour or so. I'll conduct a brief moment of silence (or something like that).

Aw, come on. Someone's gotta pick him back up midseason when their punter goes down.

Don't they?

Funny, I talked with him for about an hour in December and thought he had already retired. He was telling me that he was talking with the Ravens and said how he wanted to play in Baltimore to finish out his career. But said he didn't think it was gonna happen with Billick there. BUT now that John Harbaugh is in charge who knows how long this will last. We could be seeing him in purple before the end of the year. After all how many times have both Andersons retired?

I drove by the stadium. However, I was so distracted by the numerous Towson Univ. coeds in running attire on this lovely near-spring day that I forgot all about the moment of silence.

I do believe that he's the last person from Tecmo Bowl to retire.
True, but we've still got four Tecmo Super Bowl vets left: Morton Andersen, John Carney, Jeff Feagles, and Junior Seau.

I drove by the stadium. However, I was so distracted by the numerous Towson Univ. coeds in running attire on this lovely near-spring day that I forgot all about the moment of silence.

Yea, the amount of rear end collisions go way up in the spring around collages. And thank God for the man that invented the baby tee. :D