RBI Baseball Sig

erlovepuck

I've been trying to think of a new idea for sigs, so with this year's video games coming out this week my idea was to hearken back to the good old days of RBI baseball. I am wondering what people think of this idea and how it could be executed better. Or is it just a bad idea. Obviously these are a little pixelated (the pitcher moreso than the batter) but they're kinda supposed to be.

***edited***

dw_RBI-1.png

do_RBI-1.png

jm_RBI-1.png

ch_RBI.png

mets.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those are actually great. Wicked awesome. Do you draw them or are they from the game? Plus, put another pitcher's stat and maybe the team name. (And the pitcher looks like Mark Mangino)

No they're just screen shots from the game. I hadn't added another stat because I wanted to keep them to the basics for now (like the game did) but I am going to do that. As far as team names do I go with a 3-letter abbreviation for each team or spell it out?

mets.png

Those are actually great. Wicked awesome. Do you draw them or are they from the game? Plus, put another pitcher's stat and maybe the team name. (And the pitcher looks like Mark Mangino)

No they're just screen shots from the game. I hadn't added another stat because I wanted to keep them to the basics for now (like the game did) but I am going to do that. As far as team names do I go with a 3-letter abbreviation for each team or spell it out?

3 Letters. Much better. And as for the other stat just make it Wins or something(or saves for closers).

I thought of a logo, but that wouldn't fit in at all IMO. You could however(I just thought of this) color the letters of the team name the team color possibly, but honestly what I have below would be enough IMO.

Something like this(Sorry to threadjack but I saved in bmp accidentally anyway :P)? Also, I don't know if the bat looks better recolored or not.

These are sweet.

ortizrbisig.jpg

I thought of a logo, but that wouldn't fit in at all IMO. You could however(I just thought of this) color the letters of the team name the team color possibly, but honestly what I have below would be enough IMO.

Something like this(Sorry to threadjack but I saved in bmp accidentally anyway :P)? Also, I don't know if the bat looks better recolored or not.

These are sweet.

ortizrbisig.jpg

No prob, that looks good. The logo just looks out of place plus most logos aren't going to look as good that small as something simple like the socks.

mets.png

I totally dig these. I used to LOVE RBI Baseball when I was a kid (thanks for taking me back quite a few years)! What a fun idea.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived