NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

There are 3 or 4 lucky individuals on this board who've seen everything there is to see. At least, that's what I've read. I think the better question would be when will the next prototype be shown?

Do they have special ties with RBK or something?

HONESTLY, if you had privledged information, would you let on to your source and risk getting in trouble?

As far as we should know, they have connections we would all die for and if we were in their position, would we let others know how it is we know what we do?

Come on man, use your head.

Only a select few on here know how I got the pics of the new Vancouver Canucks merchandise logos days before they were unveiled. Same with the Tampa Bay ones. And those few through me knew more than a month in advance what the Leafs jerseys were going to look like.

Give me till early may and I may have something of substance to add to this thread.

We're lucky to have you as a member of our community. When I grow up, I hope I'm just like you.

There, is that what you are looking for?

Yeah! Only arrogant people use first person pronouns! What kind of stuck up :censored:...uh...needs to describe events that happened to himself? Jerks, thats who!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are 3 or 4 lucky individuals on this board who've seen everything there is to see. At least, that's what I've read. I think the better question would be when will the next prototype be shown?

HONESTLY, if you had privledged information, would you let on to your source and risk getting in trouble?

As far as we should know, they have connections we would all die for and if we were in their position, would we let others know how it is we know what we do?

Only a select few on here know how I got the pics of the new Vancouver Canucks merchandise logos days before they were unveiled. Same with the Tampa Bay ones. And those few through me knew more than a month in advance what the Leafs jerseys were going to look like.

Give me till early may and I may have something of substance to add to this thread.

We're lucky to have you as a member of our community. When I grow up, I hope I'm just like you.

Not at all.

1. I told him his question was pointless and something no one who cared about their position would answer.

2. I provided a personal example of someone not divulging sources (myself).

3. I was adding something to this thread relating to something I had said right before hand.

I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I mean really, who the hell would want to risk their job sharing information with people they don't know on an internet message board? There is a reason why I never mentioned WHERE OR HOW I got those pics, but the fact I provided them should be sufficient enough. The reason I didn't share the Leafs info on here is because I had no clue how common the knowledge was and I didn't want to risk leaking something that could potentially be traced back to a few people. Does this make a little more sense in relation to what it was I said?

I don't care where these people get this information, the fact they know it and have decided to share it with us should be good enough. How they got it is trivial, the fact they shared it is all that matters.

And BroadwayBlueshirt, maybe try and find out who I am before calling me names. On second thought, don't just jump into a thread to attack someone you know nothing about. Wait, I wouldn't expect this from someone who probably has a Sean Avery poster hanging on his wall...

Not at all.

1. I told him his question was pointless and something no one who cared about their position would answer.

2. I provided a personal example of someone not divulding sources (myself).

3. I was adding something to this thread relating to something I had said right before hand.

And BroadwayBlueshirt, maybe try and find out who I am before calling me names. Wait, I wouldn't expect this from someone who probably has a Sean Avery poster hanging on his wall...

Uhm I think he was being sarcastic.

Not at all.

2. I provided a personal example of someone not divulding sources (myself).

And BroadwayBlueshirt, maybe try and find out who I am before calling me names. On second thought, don't just jump into a thread to attack someone you know nothing about. Wait, I wouldn't expect this from someone who probably has a Sean Avery poster hanging on his wall...

Uhm I think he was being sarcastic.

Yeah, I was. On second thought next time I won't jump into a thread to defend someone I know nothing about.

Yeah, I was. On second thought next time I won't jump into a thread to defend someone I know nothing about.

I appreciate it.

This guy goes around and makes everyone feel like [censored] just because he is frustrated that his team hasn't seen the post season in the last 3 seasons ... there is always next year.

:devil:

I appreciate it.

This guy goes around and makes everyone feel like [censored] just because he is frustrated that his team hasn't seen the post season in the last 3 seasons ... there is always next year.

Huh? I don't really think Neon does that. Mostly just to senators fans. He always struck me as pretty easy going.

I appreciate it.

or has won a cup since 67. And there isn't next year either because they're not winning the cup next year either. ^_^

I appreciate it.

You reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly don't pay attention to me at all. Elliot nailed it pretty good (BTW, if you have not already done so, go download this weeks South Park episode: Major Boobage. It is probably going to be the best episode of the season!).

Korbyn, I only target Sens fans and that is for one reason: most I have encountered know NOTHING about their team yet boast they are the biggest Sens fans in the world (Mind you I have met some Leafs fans like this but I just ignore them and tell them to bugger off). I just HATE bandwaggoners who act like they are the biggest fans in the world when in fact they know jack all about the team they support and most of these I have run into are fans of the Sens. As self absorbed as this may sound, I think I made REAL fans out of some of the Sens fans on here by causing them to look into their teams past in order to counter some of the things I was saying.

I'm not the ONLY person on here who will poke at people out of fun. If you honestly believe that, then you have never read most of the posts on here.

In relation to your question, I just called you out on asking something I HATE seeing on here, and that is a stupid question in relation to someone revealing their sources. Feel fortunate Oakland Eh's and the like signed up here to share their information with us. He didn't have to share it with a bunch of strangers on a message board but he did out of kindness. Now, if you were in his position, would you tell people where you got your info from? He has said before he works in a store that sells jerseys in Edmonton, but that should be it.

Like I said before, only a few people on here know where I work and how I got some of the info that I did over the summer. Heck, even a few of them have visited me at work! But outside of them, no one needs to know where I work or what I do. If I didn't share privileged information I would have no problem talking about it, but because I did, I am holding it back. I don't want to get in trouble and I'm sure most people who have access don't want to either.

And one last parting shot... MY city won the cup 60 years more recently than yours (with a total of 12 more Cups), and don't use the excuse that most Sens fans and Ottawa residents use that they didn't have a team to win more... if you wanted a team Kenora should have expanded and turned into a mega city! Burn baby burn!

And Coast, come on man, I was hoping Columbus would make it to the playoffs this year. Next year they are in as long as Leclaire shows that this seasons performance was no fluke. Go easy on me, lol. :P

I appreciate it.

You reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllly don't pay attention to me at all. Elliot nailed it pretty good (BTW, if you have not already done so, go download this weeks South Park episode: Major Boobage. It is probably going to be the best episode of the season!).

Korbyn, I only target Sens fans and that is for one reason: most I have encountered know NOTHING about their team yet boast they are the biggest Sens fans in the world (Mind you I have met some Leafs fans like this but I just ignore them and tell them to bugger off). I just HATE bandwaggoners who act like they are the biggest fans in the world when in fact they know jack all about the team they support and most of these I have run into are fans of the Sens. As self absorbed as this may sound, I think I made REAL fans out of some of the Sens fans on here by causing them to look into their teams past in order to counter some of the things I was saying.

I'm not the ONLY person on here who will poke at people out of fun. If you honestly believe that, then you have never read most of the posts on here.

In relation to your question, I just called you out on asking something I HATE seeing on here, and that is a stupid question in relation to someone revealing their sources. Feel fortunate Oakland Eh's and the like signed up here to share their information with us. He didn't have to share it with a bunch of strangers on a message board but he did out of kindness. Now, if you were in his position, would you tell people where you got your info from? He has said before he works in a store that sells jerseys in Edmonton, but that should be it.

Like I said before, only a few people on here know where I work and how I got some of the info that I did over the summer. Heck, even a few of them have visited me at work! But outside of them, no one needs to know where I work or what I do. If I didn't share privileged information I would have no problem talking about it, but because I did, I am holding it back. I don't want to get in trouble and I'm sure most people who have access don't want to either.

And one last parting shot... MY city won the cup 60 years more recently than yours (with a total of 12 more Cups), and don't use the excuse that most Sens fans and Ottawa residents use that they didn't have a team to win more... if you wanted a team Kenora should have expanded and turned into a mega city! Burn baby burn!

And Coast, come on man, I was hoping Columbus would make it to the playoffs this year. Next year they are in as long as Leclaire shows that this seasons performance was no fluke. Go easy on me, lol. :P

truths ... now time for some jersey chat.

It's a shame the Canadiens aren't going to use their 05/06 alternates, those were my favorite jerseys of all time :(

I appreciate it.

Very, very funny episode. Mr. Mackey, especially, always manages to crack me up. (When he tells students about getting high off of cat pee.) And Butters: "Oh boy! He's cheesed out of his mind!"

But yes, back to jersey discussion.

I think the fact that more teams getting wordmarks on their jerseys is starting to get old. It would appear that 4 of the alternate jerseys will be in this same style. We had the Rangers first. Then Vancouver and Dallas decided they wanted city names in case no one knew where they were from. Now it looks like Dallas will add a white with wordmark, Minnesota will rip off the Rangers with a diagonal wordmark, and the Lightning and Senators will do unspecified wordmarks.

Come on, Reebok, this isn't basketball.

I appreciate it.

Yo...there's a Leafs-Sens thread in the Sports in General Forum. Use it.

Not at all.

2. I provided a personal example of someone not divulging sources (myself).

I didn't mean for it to come across that way. I mean really, who the hell would want to risk their job sharing information with people they don't know on an internet message board? There is a reason why I never mentioned WHERE OR HOW I got those pics, but the fact I provided them should be sufficient enough. The reason I didn't share the Leafs info on here is because I had no clue how common the knowledge was and I didn't want to risk leaking something that could potentially be traced back to a few people. Does this make a little more sense in relation to what it was I said?

I don't care where these people get this information, the fact they know it and have decided to share it with us should be good enough. How they got it is trivial, the fact they shared it is all that matters.

I get that nobody should reveal their sources. Honestly, I don't get as excited as most to see a jersey a few days before it is unveiled, so I don't care who has sources and who doesn't.

My point was that much like in the long 07-08 thread, it doesn't seem like you miss an opportunity to make sure that you know something that many of us don't. Pantone, Logohound, and the others come out when called upon, but aren't going around making spectacles of themselves. It seems like you really want to be thought of as being one of "those guys who know things." Not one thing about what I wrote had anything to do with revealing sources or leaking things.

I'll concede that maybe I read into it too far, but between the last thread, and this one, it hit a nerve. That and it was after 3:00 AM at the time.

Broadway - please only reply in someone's "defense" once you gain the capicity to understand what you are defending them from.

Thank you, and goodnight.

/off topic crap

Now, ON topic...

I really don't like the W logo as a main crest for the Caps. I actually don't like it even being in their package, because while it is a pretty cool work, it just doesn't go with their identity. I think that a blue jersey (in their current style), with red and even a little gold trim would work better. Blue and gold are typically associated with special events, distinctions, or ceremonies in our nation's history, so I think that a more "formal" looking uniform would be appropriate as a "special occasion" alt.

Now, ON topic...

I really don't like the W logo as a main crest for the Caps. I actually don't like it even being in their package, because while it is a pretty cool work, it just doesn't go with their identity. I think that a blue jersey (in their current style), with red and even a little gold trim would work better. Blue and gold are typically associated with special events, distinctions, or ceremonies in our nation's history, so I think that a more "formal" looking uniform would be appropriate as a "special occasion" alt.

Are you talking gold as in what the Ducks use or gold as in what the Capitals used to use?

I think the old style bronze or whatever it was called would look amazing with that shade of blue. Although I am not sure red would mix well with it...

And yes, I'll take what you said into consideration, I didn't realize I was coming across like that. It just sometimes sucks when you add something and don't get the kind of recognition other people get for contributing similar information. It can get to you after awhile and maybe that is why I have acted that way. I'll try to watch out for it.

Archived