NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks to Icethetics.info and adevandry (you were right all along). Unfortunately, you can't see the white arm gussets from this angle...

kings3rdK.jpg

...and a mockup on a team photo from rinkrat on LetsGoKings.com (I hope he doesn't mind)...

KINGS3RDMOCK.jpg

I could do without the logo, but the jersey itself looks really slick IMO.

Thanks to Icethetics.info and adevandry (you were right all along). Unfortunately, you can't see the white arm gussets from this angle...

kings3rdK.jpg

...and a mockup on a team photo from rinkrat on LetsGoKings.com (I hope he doesn't mind)...

KINGS3RDMOCK.jpg

I could do without the logo, but the jersey itself looks really slick IMO.

There's the Kings I grew up with. That really says LA Kings to me. I'd prefer this over their new edge jerseys only with the crown logo as opposed to what they went with.

PvO6ZWJ.png

turns out everyone was wrong...

the new stars third jersey is EXACTLY the same as the road jersey, except with DALLAS instead of the logo.

3 color numbers and letters. green/gold/black.

as boring as it is, they really really looked great on tv to me. very clean. a lot nicer than i expected. now if we can just turn the home jersey into a green version of the 3-color look, it would be great.

pics:

turco-front.jpg

turco-far.jpg

2ii94cp.jpg

:therock:

2ly2w09.jpg

turns out everyone was wrong...

the new stars third jersey is EXACTLY the same as the road jersey, except with DALLAS instead of the logo.

3 color numbers and letters. green/gold/black.

as boring as it is, they really really looked great on tv to me. very clean. a lot nicer than i expected. now if we can just turn the home jersey into a green version of the 3-color look, it would be great.

pics:

turco-front.jpg

turco-far.jpg

2ii94cp.jpg

:therock:

Yes ... both teams play in Dallas ?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Me grading the 3 latest alts:

Sens: F. I hope they lose every game in those abominations so that'll give them less incentive to wear em.

Kings: B-. The jersey design is nice and has that old school Gretzky feel to it, but the crest loses points.

Stars: B-. Would've liked a green version better, but the white one isn't half bad. It's ok.

Is there any green in the Stars new third? It looks black and gold to me. I would have loved to see the Texas State logo on the shoulder, its a nice looking logo. However, I've always liked the Dallas Stars uniform sets and I am still a fan today. I wouldnt mind seeing them where the black jersey and the new alt. full time, then next season or the season after break out a gold (yes gold, since they are using it more and more) or green alternate.

If any team could pull off a gold alternate, Dallas may be the team!

beLEAF

IMO, Worst to Best Thirds:

18. Atlanta

17. Ottawa

16. Dallas

15. Tampa Bay

14. Los Angeles

13. San Jose

12. Boston

11. Phoenix

10. Carolina

9. Buffalo

8. Philadelphia

7. Chicago

6. New York Islanders

5. Pittsburgh

4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Vancouver

1. Toronto

Could that Dallas set be any more plain? You can't even say it's bed, it's just kinda... there. From logos to jerseys to trying to be Pittsburgh south with the colors, they just look awful.

I'm not a big fan of any of the new thirds this year actually. I'm depressed, I was looking forward to see what they came up with. :cry: Between warmed over ideas, err vintage, nicknames, and no originality it's been quite a lackluster crop this year.

18. Atlanta

17. Ottawa

16. Dallas

15. Tampa Bay

14. Los Angeles

13. San Jose

12. Boston

11. Phoenix

10. Carolina

9. Buffalo

8. Philadelphia

7. Chicago

6. New York Islanders

5. Pittsburgh

4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Vancouver

1. Toronto

Are you saying Toronto has the worse 3rds ? *scratches head*

4kv29i.jpg

The biggest problem I have with the Dallas "alternate", outside of it being yawningly plain like its black counterpart, is that once this becomes the standard away jersey next season, the Stars will have abandoned their Texas/D-Star secondary logo.

As for the Kings, it's simple and clean without being unnecessarily plain or a throwback, and I dig it. The piping down the sleeves comes across as out-of-place, though. Maybe it's reflective like the stuff used on practice jerseys - now that would be different.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

18. Atlanta

17. Ottawa

16. Dallas

15. Tampa Bay

14. Los Angeles

13. San Jose

12. Boston

11. Phoenix

10. Carolina

9. Buffalo

8. Philadelphia

7. Chicago

6. New York Islanders

5. Pittsburgh

4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Vancouver

1. Toronto

Meaning I listed the WORST jerseys FIRST and the BETTER to BEST ones FOR LAST b/c honestly, do you really want to keep the horrible jerseys in your mind for that long?

18. Atlanta

17. Ottawa

16. Dallas

15. Tampa Bay

14. Los Angeles

13. San Jose

12. Boston

11. Phoenix

10. Carolina

9. Buffalo

8. Philadelphia

7. Chicago

6. New York Islanders

5. Pittsburgh

4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Vancouver

1. Toronto

Meaning I listed the WORST jerseys FIRST and the BETTER to BEST ones FOR LAST b/c honestly, do you really want to keep the horrible jerseys in your mind for that long?

I wouldn't take a free one let alone to see it in action lol. Ok maybe a free one but you get the point.

Usually ppl go first as the worst ( such as its the 1st worst jersey ), but I know what you where getting at.

4kv29i.jpg

Archived