8. Philadelphia

7. Chicago

6. New York Islanders

5. Pittsburgh

4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Vancouver

1. Toronto

You could have saved us all the time and just said: "Old is good. New is bad." :rolleyes:

SigReflect.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMO, Worst to Best Thirds:

18. Atlanta

17. Ottawa

16. Dallas

15. Tampa Bay

14. Los Angeles

13. San Jose

12. Boston

11. Phoenix

10. Carolina

9. Buffalo

8. Philadelphia

7. Chicago

6. New York Islanders

5. Pittsburgh

4. Edmonton

3. St. Louis

2. Vancouver

1. Toronto

You could have saved us all the time and just said: "Old is good. New is bad." :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, thats the way it is. The new and original designs for the thirds this year have, for the most part, sucked.

oBIgzrL.png

The Sens jerseys really look terrible. I just hope that they look a little better once they are on a player. But at least they tried to do something different. I mean Dallas just took their away jersey, moved the star logo to the shoulders, added the DALLAS script, and moved the front numbers under the script. From behind it's the exact same jersey! As for the Kings, I like the jersey, but it would be better if they didn't already have a black jersey. Now with the Sharks black alt. that makes it 6 black jerseys between the 5 teams in the Pacific division.

From behind it's the exact same jersey!

This is the same problem I have with the Canucks' alt on anything less that a 52" 1080p HDTV.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I agree, very astute. The only thing I would disagree with is that there is any movement to have Bostons 3rd become a regular. From what I've seen it's nice, and I really like the alternate logo a lot, but 99% of Bruins fans do not want a primary jersey to have any primary logo aside from the spoked B. There is just too much tradition behind that logo, and it's a sharp logo to boot.

Aside from that minor point, I think your main point is right on.

I was referring to Boston's Orr era throwback from a couple seasons ago.

DEATH TO REEBOK

The Flyers posted pics of the players in the new thirds at the Meet the Team event tonight: http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...;galleryId=8389

Whoa! Those are sick. If I were a Flyers fan I'd get one so fast.

The Flyers posted pics of the players in the new thirds at the Meet the Team event tonight: http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...;galleryId=8389

Few observations here:

- Richards' jersey is the only one that's authentic. All the players at the autograph table are sporting replicas.

- Richards' jersey also sports numbers that extend beyond the white sleeve area.

- While both the white nameplate and the sleeve numbers going out of the white area are technically historically accurate, I can't help but feel that both are details that could have been fixed this go-round.

- Are those nameplates tackle-twill?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

My only complaint about this is the name bars.

I know what they were going for, they wanted to replicate the look. But there are some things that should stay in the past.

They wouldn't honor the teams of the 80's by wearing cooperalls if it was an 80's third jersey, so I think the name bar is something they should have updated.

Personally I love the white nameplate. It's unique for one. It also comes from the team's history so it's not something they did just to be different. Maybe more than anything it bring back fond memories of youth hockey when every team had white nameplates regardless of jersey color. It's better than the Buffalo/Tampa/San Jose etc front numbers at least.

Even with the nameplate aside, the Flyers really got things right. Yeah, it's another example of reintroducing a retro jersey, but they brought back orange and used a classic jersey design instead of an edgebortion. If the first batch of third jerseys is any indication, hockey fans love retro.

I know this does not directly relate to 3rds, but why were the Hawks wearing their reds on the road tonight? I know the Coyotes were wearing their whites at home, but I thought that teams had to wear their colors at home.

I know last year from watching the Canucks play, when they wore white at home, it was always a home and home series with a team and that neither of them were on an extended road trip.

My opinion of the class of 08-09 alternate jerseys. I'm too lazy to comment on all of them but they will all receive a grade ranging from A+ to F.

Atlanta: B-

Ottawa: B-

Dallas: C

Tampa Bay: B

Los Angeles: B+

San Jose: D

Boston: D

Phoenix: B

Carolina: B+

Buffalo: A- (without the piping, they would get an A+)

Philadelphia: A

Chicago: B-

New York Islanders: A

Pittsburgh: A

Edmonton: A-

St. Louis: A-

Vancouver: A+ (My fav)

Toronto: A-

As you can see, if you've read my grades, nobody got an F and the Sens and Thrashers have got B-'s. I'm going to be honest and I am not going to bandwagon.

The Sens did not need a wordmark but the jersey template is not ugly at all. All the negativity seems to be comming from the new nickname trend, but at least it's not a cookie cutter Avs jersey like I originally thought it would be. So if it had a crest, would it be liked more???? Or will the overall package still be a load of you know what?

The Thrashers, well at least they had the courage to try something crazy and unique. Or maybe I'm just saying that because it's not my team. :D

The teams with the lowest grades are the ones who have turned out the lights. <_< But at least, they are using good crests which probably saved them from getting F's.

You know, the wordmark for the Sens is pretty badass. I like the gold outline in it (at least, I think I see it). It's just the style of the jersey that brings it down. I'd love to see that on a more traditional jersey. Maybe the same style black jersey they used as an alternate a couple years back.

As for the Kings, loving it! I agree with McCarthy, those are the Kings I grew up with, and it looks just...right? I guess that's the word. I'm really digging them. The logo is similar to the one in the 1990's, except the parts on the side were cut off.

These alternate jerseys aren't half as horrendous as some of you are making them out to be....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

WHERES THE COLOUR?!?!?!?!

I don't mind the Sharks - it is a little plain.

I think the Sens looks even worse as an actual jersey. It is TOO BUSY! The crest isn't TOO bad, but I agree with Brass - It would be good on its own or on a different template.

The LA jersey is not bad looking. It is simple yet... distinct. I think that dazzle silver fabric looks kind of cool. Good to see Nashville no longer has the monopoly on it!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I hate the Sens, Stars, and Thrashers. The three worst in the leauge that they have confused for the NBA or MLB. They are just plain, lazy, and nothing special.

I do not agree with having throwbacks for thirds, I think they should be kept independant of each other. So that rules out the Islanders, Penguins, Leafs, Flyers, Sabres, Oilers, Canucks.

The Lightning is kinda with the stupid wordmarks, but the diagnol wordmark has been used off and on around the leauge, and I give creativity for the nickname, but I don't like them not using the shoulder patch.

I love the Coyotes jersey for the mere fact they did what a third jersey is supposed to be in my mind, different, out there, cool logo and just overall a great alternate. I think the same way of doing the third jersey how it was supposed to for the alternate jerseys. The Kings and Blues did the same thing, and I love that creativity as well. All good things for a third jersey.

The Blackhawks went back to the classic black they had before, not a throwback, and I like it.

The Bruins and Hurricanes were the only teams who took the shoulder jersey and just swapped with the primary, and that is another part of a third being a third that I like. The Sharks did the same thing except with a new shoulder that I like.

Overall I'd say despite not having the fin logo, the Sharks is my favorite.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived