NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That lion with shades/sun thing didn't look good on an X-Line hat, and it certainly does a jersey no favors.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I disagree. They should've used this jersey. That's why I signed the bloody petition.

How often do petitions work? :P

Exactly!

What is kind of funny about that is it looks like a slight rip-off of a Habs jersey with the torso stripe...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I disagree. They should've used this jersey. That's why I signed the bloody petition.

How often do petitions work? :P

Exactly!

What is kind of funny about that is it looks like a slight rip-off of a Habs jersey with the torso stripe...

Petitions almost never work. Hey, I knew we were getting a crap jersey. I'm a Sens fan so I'm used to it.

However, that is such a kick ass looking jersey that it is literally painful to sit down after I look at it. Kinda looks like the Habs, I s'pose. But it uses the =O= logo really well & the Montreal Canadiens have one of the classiest looking jerseys in the league... so I like it.

thecatch.jpg

a bit off topic but is anyone else just getting just a black screen when they go to the senators web site?

Yeah, black screen for me too.

Anyways, I personally think the LA crest on their third jersey works pretty well. Sure, it's simple, but I think it fits well on the jersey. The lion one above doesn't work nearly as well.

And that mock Sens jersey above is gorgeous.

Wade-sig.png

Their last third, with the gold trim and the little arrow thingys was my favorite NHL jersey - I was hoping they would have modeled their current home and road off of that one, or at least used it as inspiration for their thirds.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Atlanta B- ? Not a bad design but not a great one. Atlanta can?t seem to figure out their identity with 3 totally different looks.

Boston B ? Love the logo. They lose something without the bottom stripe but it?s a nice uniform overall. There is too much black in this league, it would have been better with more, or all gold.

Buffalo A- ? Big points for bringing back the old and future permanent logo. Lose points with unneeded piping, lack of shoulder logos, and number on the front. So close, but not quit there. Got back in the A range because the slug is nowhere to be found. If I wasn't so bias, it would be a solid B+. :D

Carolina B- ? It?s an OK design, but again, there is already too much black in the league. The shoulder logo should have been in color IMO, plus the alternate logo can be confused with a tropical storm warning.

Chicago A ? The only thing wrong with these is that you cannot see where the logo ends and the uniform begins. They kept a classic.

Dallas D ? Boring and lack of creativity. This is the exact same jersey as their current road jersey, the only difference are the logos. Should have went with a green alternate, even if their goal is to make these their road jerseys in the future.

Edmonton A ? Classic uniform. The only thing keeping it from an A+ is that stupid collar.

Los Angeles C+ ? It?s just OK. The logo is boring and the silver is too bright next to the white, yet it is also what is saving it. These do have the potential to grow on me though if they look good on a player.

NY Islanders A ? Classic. Only thing keeping this from an A+ is the damn sock stripe. Reebok has to almost always screw something up, just for the sake of doing it.

Ottawa F ? What a mess. From the striping to the random color under the arms and down the sides that form a point. The worst part is the crest. A nickname, come on, this is the NHL!

Phoenix B+ ? A nice design and very creative. The only thing keeping it out of the A range is the logo. It looks like road kill. They should have taken their current logo, and just extended it, making a full coyote. I do like the new shoulder logo and word mark on the pants.

Philadelphia A+ ? Perfect jersey, perfect color. I love the white name plate, it is something unique. I hope that other teams do not try to copy this in the future.

Pittsburgh A+ ? A great combination of history and modern day. It worked perfectly during the Winter Classic, so why not. Too bad Buffalo couldn't have followed their lead.

St. Louis A ? Very, very nice. Something totally different from what they have worn before, yet it has a classic look.

San Jose B+ ? Lack of a creative design and bottom stripes bring this one down. The full shark logo raises it back up.

Tampa C ? Very nice uniform, and in blue, but drops 2 letter grades for using a nickname, even if it does look good on the jersey.

Toronto A+ ? Took what was wrong with their current road and made it right. They should use this logo for all of their jerseys.

Vancouver A+ ? Again, took what was wrong with their current home uniform and made it right. I love the modern stick in rink logo and it?s nice to see Johnny on a jersey.

All Star Jerseys D- ... A big mess. To much going on with these. It's a shame too, since this is part of the whole Montreal Centennial celebration. They should have went with a classic look, especially this year.

Winter Classic A+ ... Both teams have a modern yet classic look. What more can you ask for. The NHL is 2 for 2 with Winter Classic jerseys.

Overall, despite them being made, and in some instances, screwed up by Reebok, teams did a good job. It will be interesting to see how many of these make it to full time use to fix previous mistakes.

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Atlanta Fail

Boston Needs more work

Buffalo eliminate unnecessary elements

Carolina nothing special

Chicago classic

Dallas boring

Edmonton excellent

Los Angeles Fail

NY Islanders complete and absolute success

Ottawa complete and absolute epic failure

Phoenix needs more work

Philadelphia excellent

Pittsburgh awsome

St. Louis excellent

San Jose fail

Tampa Epic Fail

Toronto Epic success

Vancouver eh, whatever works for them

All Star Jerseys a big steaming pile of fail

Winter Classic success

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yeah that SENS wordmark is actually not bad looking, but should not be used as a logo. In that respect, it looks awful. It's just mind boggling that they've got these two (nice) logos (2D, and 'O') and they didn't use them. I still laugh whenever I think of these new jerseys as Super Nintendo Entertainment System jerseys.

Now, that 'O' concept jersey is beautiful. I'm not even close to being a Senators fan, but I would buy that jersey. I've seen concepts before that I've liked, for the most part because it's just something different, but that Senators concept is the best I've seen. It's something I'm surprised didn't get pushed through to become their actual jersey. Just fantastic...

Their last third, with the gold trim and the little arrow thingys was my favorite NHL jersey - I was hoping they would have modeled their current home and road off of that one, or at least used it as inspiration for their thirds.

On TV that was a cool looking jersey, in person, it was hideous. The weird yellow/green fabric with the random gold threads mixed in was very, very ugly looking. I thought it looked like a cat puked on that jersey. I always thought it looked good from afar, just like I always thought the Predators' third looked good up close but awful from afar.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

On TV that was a cool looking jersey, in person, it was hideous. The weird yellow/green fabric with the random gold threads mixed in was very, very ugly looking. I thought it looked like a cat puked on that jersey. I always thought it looked good from afar, just like I always thought the Predators' third looked good up close but awful from afar.

I never saw it close up.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Got this from my email from XTRA 910 which is also on the Phoenix Coyotes site

Phoenix Coyotes President and Chief Operating Officer Douglas Moss announced today that the Coyotes will reveal a third jersey during Saturday?s television broadcast of the Coyotes vs. Flyers game on AZ-TV. The reveal is scheduled to take place during the first intermission at approximately 5:30 p.m. MST.

The Coyotes will debut the new third jersey at Jobing.com Arena in Glendale on Friday, Nov. 28 when the team hosts the Colorado Avalanche at 2 p.m. The new third jersey will also be available for purchase at the Coyotes Den team store at the Nov. 28 game.

Two more days people :D

Archived