NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's simply dreadful bloak.

I wouldnt say dreadful...the hem stripes don't really fit in but the shoulder yokes are a pretty nice touch. The wordmark is probably a pretty good guess as to what it will actually look like, but I think in the slanted font they currently use. It may not be the best, but unfortunately it might eventually be reality (the wordmark I mean).

I think last years template, recolored blue w/ Florida logo would be nice.

That's simply dreadful bloak.

I wouldnt say dreadful...the hem stripes don't really fit in but the shoulder yokes are a pretty nice touch. The wordmark is probably a pretty good guess as to what it will actually look like, but I think in the slanted font they currently use. It may not be the best, but unfortunately it might eventually be reality (the wordmark I mean).

I think last years template, recolored blue w/ Florida logo would be nice.

So your suggesting something like this. BLAH

1-2.jpg

classic1.jpgfaturd.png

• 2 weeks later...
anyone have anything new on the thirds for next year?

Damn, you just resurfaced this thread with only a question everyone wants to know but can't. I thought there was some sort of update announced.

Hurray for getting rid of EDGE!

...The Edge isn't going anywhere. Infact, we are getting more of them!! Huzzah!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I really wish the Lightning would use their shoulder patch as a third jersey logo.

It's such a cool logo and is rarely used, but would be much much better than Bolts written on it.

Their shoulder patch, MINUS the state of florida, should have been the primary logo from the beginning. 3 different "updates" since their inception, and they still havent gotten it right.

Oh, and the lack of blue is a crying shame.

SigReflect.png

314606129.jpg

This image was on the front page of todays Edmonton Journal. It shows a vintage style Oilers with blue strings coming down from the collar. Could this be a teaser of the upcoming 3rds for next season? The blue looks lighter than the vintage threads worn for a handful of games during the '06, '07 season. Looks more like '85-'86"ish" blue compared to the darker early 90's version (perhaps wishful thinking on my part).

307381509.jpg

Archived