NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

The Flyers posted pics of the players in the new thirds at the Meet the Team event tonight: http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...;galleryId=8389

Few observations here:

- Richards' jersey is the only one that's authentic. All the players at the autograph table are sporting replicas.

- Richards' jersey also sports numbers that extend beyond the white sleeve area.

- While both the white nameplate and the sleeve numbers going out of the white area are technically historically accurate, I can't help but feel that both are details that could have been fixed this go-round.

- Are those nameplates tackle-twill?

Watching the game right now and this is correct. The white stripe down the sleeves is thin and all of the numbers 10 and above are overlapping into the orange...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not the biggest fan of the new Flyers third, but watching this game just makes me feel even stronger (if that's even possible) that orange must be their home color. They can throw those black jerseys in the incinerator... or donate them to Goodwill. Take this new third template, make the white wider and trim it with black piping, use the normal number font, drop the white hem stripe and go with a solid black bottom, and scrap the white nameplate. Perfect jersey.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Take this new third template, make the white wider and trim it with black piping, use the normal number font, drop the white hem stripe and go with a solid black bottom, and scrap the white nameplate. Perfect jersey.

done

legionofdoomposed.jpg

Take this new third template, make the white wider and trim it with black piping, use the normal number font, drop the white hem stripe and go with a solid black bottom, and scrap the white nameplate. Perfect jersey.

done

legionofdoomposed.jpg

Yeah... pretty much. :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have to honestly say that those Flyers jerseys with the white nameplate, I was hating them, but I have to say that seeing the pictures of them in action, they aren't so bad and heck I might even be willing to buy one!

capt.373397f66ae849139afea3bf8a3101e2.hurricanes_flyers_hockey_patm101.jpg

I see that, in addition to keeping the white sleeve panels too narrow, the Flyers have brought back that ridiculous looking "1," which looks like some sort of factory second or overseas knockoff. There's such a thing as being true to a fault, and I feel that's what's going on here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I see that, in addition to keeping the white sleeve panels too narrow, the Flyers have brought back that ridiculous looking "1," which looks like some sort of factory second or overseas knockoff. There's such a thing as being true to a fault, and I feel that's what's going on here.

I agree.

For a one game throwback you get as accurate as possible.

For a "throwback" alternate, you stay fairly true to the original but fix the problems and make it look good.

done

legionofdoomposed.jpg

Nah, I think these would be better...

orangeflyersedge.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/nhlconcepts/Ph...580220832345794

except it doesn't have a black bottom, but still ideal to me. :D

For some reason, there are no Hurricanes alt pics with red portions sticking out of nowhere. Or any other team. I don't know if the Sabres are the only ones to use shells.

It might be hard to gauge with the Hurricanes because their red pants are black at the ends.

Archived