NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

^ I don't know why he likes the Senators alternates so much. They are just terrible. One of the worst jerseys I have ever seen.

I love his site but definitely don't agree with most of those picks. IMO Thrashers, Lightnings, Sens should be last.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I don't know why he likes the Senators alternates so much. They are just terrible. One of the worst jerseys I have ever seen.

I love his site but definitely don't agree with most of those picks. IMO Thrashers, Lightnings, Sens should be last.

He has poor taste in judgement. He is also very ignorant. If you saw a few weeks back, he wishes to create a "NHL Uniform and logo database" which is something that this site and NHLUniforms.com already have going for them. He just knows no one will go to his site anymore when he does not have any jersey news.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

He has poor taste in judgement. He is also very ignorant. If you saw a few weeks back, he wishes to create a "NHL Uniform and logo database" which is something that this site and NHLUniforms.com already have going for them. He just knows no one will go to his site anymore when he does not have any jersey news.

I don't see how he can say the Bruins alternates are second to worst. I love them now that I saw them in action today, but I can understand if someone rated them middle of the pack or something. But worse than Ottawa, Tampa Bay, etc? Yeah right. That's his opinion, though.

He contradicts himself many times on the rankings. Like the Dallas jersey, he hates that it's a wordmark jersey similar to college hockey, yet if it were green he would rank it higher?

And last year he was saying how much he loved the college style ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I personally know the guy who runs the site. He is by no means ignorant. When you have no clue what you're talking about, please refrain from commenting on it.

No need to bash the Icethetics guy. After all he was the one who leaked all the third jerseys. And do this site and NHLUniforms.com have to be the only sites about uniform/logo history? If he wants NHL logo/uniform history, let him do it. It's not like he's competing with the aforementioned sites or anything.

temp.png

TorontoMapleLeafs1.png

I personally know the guy who runs the site. He is by no means ignorant. When you have no clue what you're talking about, please refrain from commenting on it.

If someone comes off that way to someone with what they present in a public forum a person is allowed to form an opinion. Just the same as the owner of the site is allowed to (idiotically) rank the jerseys based on his (terribly flawed) opinion.

I have to agree with you guys, some of his opinions definitely don't match up with the ones on here. But still, I LOVE his site.

Totally agree with you, it is one of the few sites I visit every single day.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I also totally disagree with the Icethetics rankings.

IMO, the Sabres jersey, with the number on the front, and this new piping on the sides, can't be ranked as the second best alternate jersey.

And also the last ones, which for me would have to be Senators (or Sens) and Coyotes ones.

It is still a pretty nice website though.

Yeah Chris(icethetics guy) didn't do that good of job on his rankings

Here's mine, if anyone cares

18. Thrashers-I like modern jerseys but that's ridiculous

17. Senators-Team nickname on front?, what if the Canadiens put "Habs" on the front stupid

16. Stars- Boring, without sleeves, it be a NBA jersey

15. Sharks- Not that impressive, and I like the orange

14. Kings- needs purple

13. Coyotes- Wish they had the PHX logo on front

12. Blackhawks- they're OK, I guess

11. Leafs- nothing to spectacular

10. Canucks- So many good alternate logos, should've went green

9. Flyers- Glad they used orange, pretty different forom all the other RBK uni's

8. Islanders- eh another retro

7. Bruins- I like that logo A LOT, I woulda went yellow, but this looks good

6. Lightning- Biased, but LOVE the blue, would have been so much better with the Florida logo

5. Blues- I like the new logo

4. Hurricanes- Sharp jersey, should have the shoulder logo normal, not all black

3. Oilers- I REALLY like the way this looks, brings back Gretzky memories

2. Sabres- I love this. I wish this was the primary

1. Penguins- Love it, I almost bought one in Montreal

If someone comes off that way to someone with what they present in a public forum a person is allowed to form an opinion. Just the same as the owner of the site is allowed to (idiotically) rank the jerseys based on his (terribly flawed) opinion.

LOL. So who's opinion is the right one? Or all are the ones that don't match your own "terribly flawed"?

imo, I would review some of your concepts before declaring a superior jersey design opinion. But this may just be a terribly flawed opinion.

Atlanta- I'm not as turned off by these as some people are, actually. Yeah, it's out there, but it's the Thrashers. They're not a traditional hockey team, in any sense of the term. They've said from the start "we're different" and this jersey just emphasizes that.

That said, there is a lot more room for improvement. Considering the success of the BlueLand campaign I'm surprised they would release a jersey that contains no powder blue and very little navy. The design of the new jersey may be fine, but the colouring is off. They need to swap the dark red primary with navy, and the navy accents for powder blue.

Boston- I like these. A clean jersey with a classy logo. Stripes at the waist are needed though.

Buffalo- Excellent. A fantastic update of a classics jersey. I hope this (and a white version) ultimately replace the Buffaslug monstrosities.

Carolina- So close, yet so far. The flag striping should be red/black, not black/white, and the logo on the shoulders should be in full colour.

Chicago- Fantastic. I love these sweaters. They should be the primary homes, but having them back as alternates is good enough....for now :devil:

The Winter Classics throwbacks are nice as well.

Dallas- The worst of the bunch. They should have gone with a green version of their white road sweaters.

Detroit- There's only one word to describe these Winter Classic throwbacks; Class. They need to make these regular alternates. Maybe even add that "D" to the shoulders of the home and road sweaters.

Edmonton- I like it and I don't. On one hand it creates a balanced look for the Oilers. Modern home and roads, and a throwback to the glory years for the alts. On the other hand, it does create a conflicting identity. Ultimately alternates should compliment the primary look, not clash with it. I think the Oilers have reached a point where they can either scratch everything and rebuild (oil worker logo, pretty please?) or just adopt the old look full time.

L.A.- I like these actually. I really want to see that logo become the primary at some point. It could use some purple accents though.

Montréal- All of the 100 Ann. throwbacks look amazing.

N.Y. Islanders- Same as the Oilers. In this case I say adopt the old look full time (R.I.P. dear Fisherman, you were to fair for this world).

Ottawa- A close runner-up for worst in the bunch. Having team nicknames on the actual sweater is bad enough, but at least when the Lightning did it they chose an actual word. "SENS" is just bush league.

Philadelphia- I like it, though I would have preferred it more if it were done up in the same style as the home and road sweaters.

Phoenix- It's different enough from the home and roads while still complementing them. I like it.

Pittsburgh- See Edmonton and the N.Y. Islanders. In this case I say keep the primary uniforms and ditch the throwback alt. I love the look of powder blue, but there's no reason for the Pens to try and shove it back into their colour set.

San Jose- I like it. It looks nice and it complements the primary look. I do with they would have gone with just the shark fin/diamond alt logo though.

St. Louis- Despite the flaws with the logo (off centre note, unneeded bevel, lame font) it still impresses as a jersey, if for no other reason then it outshines the massive downgrades they've been wearing since the introduction of the Edge sweaters.

Tampa Bay- "Bolts" is just bush league. "Lightning" "Tampa Bay" the Florida/bolt logo, or even the regular primary logo would have been better.

The sweater itself is nice though. The return of victory stripes is a nice touch. Here's hoping it becomes the template for home and roads.

Toronto- Classic. Perfection. They need to make these the road sweaters and whip up blue versions for home games. They're much better then the glorified practise sweaters they're wearing as their primaries these days.

Vancouver- A jumble of good and bad. I really like the updated stick 'n rink logo and the Johnny Canuck/V alternate logo. The logos, though, should have switched places, the sweater should have been green with blue and white stripes, and the striping pattern should match the blue home sweater.

I eliminated Pittsburgh, New York, Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, and Philadelphia from my list, as theyre just throwbacks and not "true thirds", and they'd all top the list anyways.

Buffalo - The only thing that keeps it from being a throwback is the (unessicary) silver. Otherwise, its the best non-throwback third there, and should be their primaries. Get rid of the Buffaslug for good.

St. Louis - Classy. The new crest is great. The hem stripes could be improved, but thats ok.

Chicago - Is it just a black version of the white jersey? Yes. Is that a good thing? Yes.

LA - Nice throwback to the Gretzky days. The piping is a bit unessicary, and the crest needs redone, though.

Tampa Bay - Im not a fan of the "Bolts" script, but it isnt that bad. Put one of the other logos on it, and its pretty good. Should be their primary.

Ottawa - This one is pretty good. The SENS script actually looks pretty good, though it isnt right on a jersey, but it aint that bad. Put the O logo on it, and its a really good jersey. I wouldnt like to see it be anything more than a third though. Their primaries are some of my favorites.

Atlanta - I actually kinda like this. Good move back to the red, which I personally think Atlanta should do, rather than this "Blueland" thing.

Vancouver - Too much like the original home IMO. Put the old stick and rink logo on it, heck, maybe even make it green. Otherwise, another solid third.

San Jose - Clean. Reminds me of their old black thirds. Alittle plain for my taste, though.

Boston - Boring. If it had hem stripes like the sleeve stripes, itd be better. Their primaries are some of the best in the league, but these thirds dont back them up at all.

Carolina - Bad. The grey warning flags lose their meaning, and the black shoulder logo is invisible from beyond 10 feet.

Dallas - Plain. Uninspired. And pretty much exactly like the road one. Dont just redo this jersey, redo all of them.

Phoenix - Bad. Black does not fit with them. They should stick to just red and cream, it works great. Especially for a "coyote" team. The full bodied Coyote looks like roadkill, and the sleeve stripes make no sense at all. Neither do the underpanels.

oBIgzrL.png

LOL. So who's opinion is the right one? Or all are the ones that don't match your own "terribly flawed"?

imo, I would review some of your concepts before declaring a superior jersey design opinion. But this may just be a terribly flawed opinion.

No one's opinion is the right one, nitwit, that's why it's called a ****ing opinion.

Second, yes it is. ^_^

2. Sabres- I love this. I wish this was the primary

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread but Larry Quinn (Sabres President and part owner) said in a radio interview 1-2 months ago that they'd look at making the new alternate the primary in the next couple years (assuming it was as popular as anticipated).

So hopefully we'll be living in a banana slug-free world sometime soon.

Archived