NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

During Saturday night's Islanders-Senators game, the Islanders play-by-play guy, Howie Rose, said "there's a lot of support" for the Islanders to make their throwbacks their full-time jerseys and that "it may happen before too long." This was right before a tv timeout so he didn't explain if the support was from the fans or players or the front office, or if he was guessing or had it from a source that it may happen, but I thought I would share with the rest of the class.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
During Saturday night's Islanders-Senators game, the Islanders play-by-play guy, Howie Rose, said "there's a lot of support" for the Islanders to make their throwbacks their full-time jerseys and that "it may happen before too long." This was right before a tv timeout so he didn't explain if the support was from the fans or players or the front office, or if he was guessing or had it from a source that it may happen, but I thought I would share with the rest of the class.

most likely its from the fans. Most won't accept anything different than those worn during the cup era years. which i understand considering the only success the franchise had was in those uniforms. They've played like :censored: since the overhaul and the subsequent changes. The current jerseys got a luke warm reception but most prefer the cup era ones. I don't know if the inaugurals are the answer since they didn't have much success in those as opposed to the cup era ones. if they do go to the alts full time, they should go to the ones worn before the overhaul and forget 1996-2009 ever existed.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

If it did, keep in mind that it would be edge-ified, I remember reading on here that Reebok doesn't allow for any diagonal jersey stripes like you see on that alternate. Like, the Sharks' third is basically their old third, just no more diagonal lines (and slightly different color placement). So hopefully Reebok wouldn't screw up the Rangers.

Uh, the Hurricanes new alt has diagonal jersey stripes. I think they fixed that problem the second time around.

You are right of course. I guess that only applied to all of the home and aways.

Why is the Coyotes "C" on the Wings side of the jersey?

And, yes, the Rangers' Liberty jersey is slated to comeback, though it may not be next season..., and the design could be dramatically different depending on which mockup they go with.

Yes, I have sources. No, I won't name them.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

And, yes, the Rangers' Liberty jersey is slated to comeback, though it may not be next season..., and the design could be dramatically different depending on which mockup they go with.

Is the template for their possible jersey like anything we've seen before?

Some pictures of the Coyotes:

capt.3a312ad12c9a4ed79eebf0d154667c32.sharks_coyotes_hockey_pnj105.jpg

capt.34ae22d733bd49a09364dba8f8db5e65.avalanche_coyotes_hockey_azrs104.jpg

I love it, nice to finally see those in action. Hopefully they will be wearing those when I get to go to a game December 27! :D Are there schedules for when third jerseys are worn floating around?

Coyotes Third Jersey Schedule

Fri., Nov. 28 2 p.m. Colorado Avalanche Tickets Black Friday Matinee

Sat., Nov. 29 7 p.m. San Jose Sharks Tickets Coyotes? Winter Gloves Giveaway

Sat., Dec. 13 7 p.m. Detroit Red Wings Tickets 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champion

Sat., Dec. 20 7 p.m. Columbus Blue Jackets Tickets Coyotes? Fleece Blanket Giveaway

Sat., Dec. 27 7 p.m. Los Angeles Kings Tickets 5 Year Anniversary of Jobing.com Arena

Wed., Dec. 31 6 p.m. Colorado Avalanche Tickets New Year?s Eve

Fri., Jan. 2 7 p.m. New York Islanders Tickets First Coyotes? game of 2009

Sat., Jan. 10 7 p.m. Dallas Stars Tickets Coyotes? Build-A-Bear Giveaway

Sat., Jan. 31 7 p.m. Buffalo Sabres Tickets

Sat., Feb. 7 7 p.m. Carolina Hurricanes Tickets

Sat., Feb. 14 8 p.m. Calgary Flames Tickets Valentine?s Day

Sat., Feb. 28 7 p.m. St. Louis Blues Tickets Coyotes? Hat Giveaway

Sat., March 14 7 p.m. Nashville Predators Tickets

Sat., March 21 7 p.m. Vancouver Canucks Tickets

Sat., April 11 5 p.m. Anaheim Ducks Tickets Fan Appreciation Night

Seeing the photoshop jobs of the older Kings logos on the new jersey, it made me seriously think about getting a blank one and then finding the current crown and getting that sewn on.

Looks like the Coyote head would be touching the C if on right side.

There are a few designs, and one of them seems fairly unique in terms of sleeve striping, and the hem stripe is different than any of the jerseys in the NHL right now, but to anyone who isn't on this board, you probably wouldn't even notice it. The one mockup is almost exactly the same as the template they had in the final year before Reebok, but the logo seems smaller to me. There are also some white designs.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Some pictures of the Coyotes:

capt.3a312ad12c9a4ed79eebf0d154667c32.sharks_coyotes_hockey_pnj105.jpg

capt.34ae22d733bd49a09364dba8f8db5e65.avalanche_coyotes_hockey_azrs104.jpg

I love it, nice to finally see those in action. Hopefully they will be wearing those when I get to go to a game December 27! :D Are there schedules for when third jerseys are worn floating around?

Really? Couldn't disagree more -- The Yotes are a Checker Auto Parts patch away from looking like a CHL team. Watched my Avs lose to Phx on Friday these really don't show up well on TV. Black and burgundy - two dark colors - and it causes similar issues that the Phi Eagles run into when they would wear the black thirds with the dark green pants.

There are a few designs, and one of them seems fairly unique in terms of sleeve striping, and the hem stripe is different than any of the jerseys in the NHL right now, but to anyone who isn't on this board, you probably wouldn't even notice it. The one mockup is almost exactly the same as the template they had in the final year before Reebok, but the logo seems smaller to me. There are also some white designs.

Eww no!

No more white in alternates!

Leave the white for the Leafs and Canadiens, only teams IMO that look good with a white alternate.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Not thread worthy on its own, but NHL related: Jordan Liepold of the Avalanche has a slightly different helmet set up from the rest of the team tonight. For some reason his chin strap and plastic rings the strap attaches to are both black, rather than the white. Not a big deal by any means, just kinda odd.

Not thread worthy on its own, but NHL related: Jordan Liepold of the Avalanche has a slightly different helmet set up from the rest of the team tonight. For some reason his chin strap and plastic rings the strap attaches to are both black, rather than the white. Not a big deal by any means, just kinda odd.

That's because he uses an old Mission Carbster, and being that it was discontinued a couple years ago parts are hard to come by, so mixing and matching stuff isn't all that surprising.

I was at the Thrashers game friday night (OTL, ugh) and I don't know if I should be surprised, but I saw A LOT of people wearing the new red alternates. I don't mind them too much but people really are liking the red jersey, even with the whole blue land theme and all. I guess Reebok is getting what they wanted. $$.

Archived