NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, I dunno about the teams you guys follow, but the Blues have worn their alternate about a dozen times already I'm pretty sure. Seems like it's worn 4/5 home games and occasionally on the road.

I think they said how many times they were going to wear it, but they have to have thrown that out the window.

My hope is that they're just marketing the heck out of it trying to bring in added revenue. It's working, by the way. Two of the people in my group at the game last night bought one, including my Dad...which is weird for him.

Anyways, I love them as an alternate but would be semi-ticked to see them become anything more.

(1) The Blues are a royal blue team, not a navy blue team.

(2) The Blues are a yellow/gold numbered team, not a white one. (In addition, the striping on the alternate puts white over yellow/gold).

(3) The Blue Note should be plastered large on the chest of any primary Blues uniform, not shrunk inside of a circle.

I wouldn't worry about it. For a 3rd, I like it, since the edge system messed up a great jersey. If they change their primary jerseys, they need to go back to the clean pre-edge look (98-06).

I realize that the Hawks just brought their old alternate back, but serious consideration needs to be given to making these Winter Classic unis their thirds come next year. God, they are just gorgeous. I love that they remembered the little triangles on the front of the pants, even if they ditched the canvas color for something more modern and tolerable. Would have liked to see the angled design retained on the socks, though.

BlackHawks3.gif

Also, I think we may have finally found a third for Detroit. This is gonna be quite the game to look at, in so many ways.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I realize that the Hawks just brought their old alternate back, but serious consideration needs to be given to making these Winter Classic unis their thirds come next year.

I agree, once they make their regular black alts the primary home sweaters :D

Also, I think we may have finally found a third for Detroit. This is gonna be quite the game to look at, in so many ways.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Now the question is will Chicago ditch their current alternate for this in the future?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I don't like seeing RED WINGS spelled out on Wrigley Field's grandstand. This isn't a neutral site game.

Blackhawks are on the other side it appears.

Well yeah, but it's a Blackhawks home game. The Red Wings don't get equal time. This isn't theirs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't like seeing RED WINGS spelled out on Wrigley Field's grandstand. This isn't a neutral site game.

Blackhawks are on the other side it appears.

Well yeah, but it's a Blackhawks home game. The Red Wings don't get equal time. This isn't theirs.

This is an event put on by the league, not the Blackhawks. Thus why both teams are mentioned.

Anyways here are pics of Blackhawks spelled out on the 3rd base side and Wrigley Field in the bleachers.

64ee2e4c39c111c437496643037e6f94-getty-84062563cc029_detroit_red_w.jpg

bae1634563b4538d3dd63b5adc495af4-getty-84062563cc022_detroit_red_w.jpg

Ooh, they have Fake Plastic Vines. It wears me out.

"By the league," my foot. The Hawks don't get this game without McDonough at the helm. Oh well, it's not a big deal, since butts will be covering the seats, but I don't like the impression that Chicago is hosting a neutral-site game.

WHY IS THIS IN A THREAD FOR JERSEY DISCUSSION

THERE SHOULD BE A THREAD FOR THE WINTER CLASSIC

CAPS LOCK STUCK

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

BECAUSE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THE WINTER CLASSIC THROWBACKS

Though I agree with you about Chicago being the home team. In no way is this a neutral site game, and the NHL is fooling itself if it thinks it is.

No numbers on Detroit's shoulder? Or has this been discussed before?

Nope, no numbers on Detroit's sleeves. I picked up a Hossa Winter Classic (replica) at the Wings game back on the 20th & there weren't any numbers on the sleeves either. The replicas are not Edge jerseys, they are the old-style Air Knit, which I was very happy about. The replicas also do not have the NHL shield on the front collar either. I have been checking eBay to see what they have for the Wings Winter Classic jerseys & most of them are fakes and/or they have numbers on the sleeves.

I do like the Wings "Where's Waldo" socks.

For us Americans interested in Reebok's Ultimate Brand Awareness Contest:

It appears Dustin Byfuglien is your vectorless player of the day.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Blackhawks uniforms looked great up close, but as far as wearing them ever again. No. Not without changes. The black numbers on the back and on the sleeves are impossible to see. Don't these teams do a run through, aka to see if you can see the numbers from more than five feet away? Just because it was done that way when the original jersey was worn, doesn't mean it's right or legible.

Archived