NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

The Blackhawks uniforms looked great up close, but as far as wearing them ever again. No. Not without changes. The black numbers on the back and on the sleeves are impossible to see. Don't these teams do a run through, aka to see if you can see the numbers from more than five feet away? Just because it was done that way when the original jersey was worn, doesn't mean it's right or legible.

Seemed perfectly legible to me. And, unlike you, I was watching on a 13-inch, standard-definition tube. It's black against a tan background, and the slight bleeding over into the red and black areas is resolved with some well-defined outlines.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blackhawks uniforms looked great up close, but as far as wearing them ever again. No. Not without changes. The black numbers on the back and on the sleeves are impossible to see. Don't these teams do a run through, aka to see if you can see the numbers from more than five feet away? Just because it was done that way when the original jersey was worn, doesn't mean it's right or legible.

Seemed perfectly legible to me. And, unlike you, I was watching on a 13-inch, standard-definition tube. It's black against a tan background, and the slight bleeding over into the red and black areas is resolved with some well-defined outlines.

Sheesh, do you think I have a nice 52" high def tv? Nope. Just a ... I have no idea how big it is... tv, I think 21 inch. The numbers were great when they had up close shots, but the far away shots, were horrible. I saw nothing but black squares on a tan stripe. Oh and if I had trouble, I don't want to know what the morons on the rooftop couldn't see. :P

Loved all the little details they had. Leaving Home Plate and the pitching mound exposed, people on the rooftops, putting the other games on the scoreboard (although I would have loved to see "Nite Game" put in the scores like they do for Night Baseball games), singing "Take Me out to the Ballgame" during the switch in the third period (although they should have just left it and said "Root Root Root for the Blackhawks"), the miller billboard said "G-G-Great T-T-Taste", the fans cheering throughout the whole National Anthem, singing "O Canada" which was a nice touch (I'm pretty sure alot of the crowd joined in), Chicago and Detroit City Flags outside the main entrance, the players wearing eye black. Wonder if they would have sang "Go Hawks Go!" if the Blackhawks won.

Was there snow on the ground in Chicago? It didn't look like it on overhead shots. I think the whole field may have been covered with artificial snow but I don't know for sure.

Did they change the sign on the one rooftop to the Blackhawks numbers? I believe it would have read AB252448

Wish they would have put the Western Conference standings on the flags, but they got so much right its hard to complain about something so small.

It was weird to see Wrigley with Video, Music, and advertising. I've got to say I was also disapointed to see "DRINKABILTY" on the budweiser roof. I hope that was just for this game and its back to Budweiser for baseball. As much as I hate the Cubs, I love the hell out of Wrigley (except for the urine smell! :D) and respect all the traditions they've got. It hurt me as a baseball fan just as much as it did cubs fans to see Under Armor logos on the walls last season.

All in all, the entire game I just kept saying "This is so freakin' cool"

Did they change the sign on the one rooftop to the Blackhawks numbers? I believe it would have read AB252448

I don't believe they changed the sign. If they did it would read AB171748

From 1982 to 1993 division titles were detirmined through a divsional playoff. The Hawks last conference title was in 1992.

I've got to say I was also disapointed to see "DRINKABILTY" on the budweiser roof. I hope that was just for this game and its back to Budweiser for baseball.

That's been their since the end of the baseball season, too. For a while there was actually a dispute with Budweiser that had the whole ad tarped over. Next time I saw it it said DRINKABILITY.

Loved all the little details they had. Leaving Home Plate and the pitching mound exposed, people on the rooftops, putting the other games on the scoreboard (although I would have loved to see "Nite Game" put in the scores like they do for Night Baseball games), singing "Take Me out to the Ballgame" during the switch in the third period (although they should have just left it and said "Root Root Root for the Blackhawks"), the miller billboard said "G-G-Great T-T-Taste", the fans cheering throughout the whole National Anthem, singing "O Canada" which was a nice touch (I'm pretty sure alot of the crowd joined in), Chicago and Detroit City Flags outside the main entrance, the players wearing eye black. Wonder if they would have sang "Go Hawks Go!" if the Blackhawks won.

Was there snow on the ground in Chicago? It didn't look like it on overhead shots. I think the whole field may have been covered with artificial snow but I don't know for sure.

Wish they would have put the Western Conference standings on the flags, but they got so much right its hard to complain about something so small.

It was weird to see Wrigley with Video, Music, and advertising. I've got to say I was also disapointed to see "DRINKABILTY" on the budweiser roof. I hope that was just for this game and its back to Budweiser for baseball. As much as I hate the Cubs, I love the hell out of Wrigley (except for the urine smell! :D) and respect all the traditions they've got. It hurt me as a baseball fan just as much as it did cubs fans to see Under Armor logos on the walls last season.

All in all, the entire game I just kept saying "This is so freakin' cool"

I don't think there is any snow on the ground in Chicago. I live about half an hour away and all the snow has been melted for about 5 days. I think that the snow inside Wrigley was artificial.

That would have been cool if they changed the sign on the building, but I don't think they did.

I thought the same thing about the Western Conference standings being on the flags. And I noticed they even changed all the flags on the very top are covering the seats(is that called a roof?) from the division title dates and some players' numbers.

The whole thing is very cool. While it was really nice amd warm watching it at home, it would have been a once-in-a-lifetime oppurtunity to see it live.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I've got to say I was also disapointed to see "DRINKABILTY" on the budweiser roof. I hope that was just for this game and its back to Budweiser for baseball.

That's been their since the end of the baseball season, too. For a while there was actually a dispute with Budweiser that had the whole ad tarped over. Next time I saw it it said DRINKABILITY.

I think they kept it on there too because Budweiser was a main sponsor of the WC, as they had ads around Wrigleyville too

2IA3b.png

I don't think there is any snow on the ground in Chicago. I live about half an hour away and all the snow has been melted for about 5 days. I think that the snow inside Wrigley was artificial.

Cold fact: It was special

By Rick Telander

Sun-Times Columnist

January 2, 2009

The Red Wings looked like candy canes in their striped-socks retro outfits, and the snow covering the baseball field everywhere except the brown pitcher's mound, which looked like a cookie left on the kitchen counter (nice touch, John), was pure Martha Stewart effect.

There was no snow anywhere else in Wrigleyville, folks. Some of this Wrigley white stuff even had been made by machine.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Both those jersey sets are fantastic. The throwback is so much nicer than the hawk's Black alt.

Agreed on both points. I'm 90% sure the Wings will follow the Penguins and use their WC jersey for their new alt next year. The Blackhawks?? All I could say is I wish.

Is it just me or did the Blackhawks sweaters look just a little bit too much like the original 1990s Ottawa Senators roads?

That can only be a good thing! THe original Senators set was the :censored: (sorry, I was watching South Park all day now I can't stop channeling Cartman). The Senators should go back to what they started with because every change they've made, every alt uniform they have added have gottem them further, and further away from a professional looking "uniform"!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Both those jersey sets are fantastic. The throwback is so much nicer than the hawk's Black alt.

Agreed on both points. I'm 90% sure the Wings will follow the Penguins and use their WC jersey for their new alt next year. The Blackhawks?? All I could say is I wish.

I'm cool with the Wings doing that as long as they wear white helmets with these.

The only change I'd make on the Hawks' jerseys is to replace the creme (cream?) with white if they were going to use these as 3rds. Even if that change isn't made I'd still endorse these replacing the drab-nothings that are the current 3rds.

Coyotes and Stars both wore their alternates tonight:

capt.6eff275143b142d3b4c28d402e5faad7.stars_coyotes_hockey_pnj103.jpg

So they copied the Leafs/Sabres (twice) and Leafs/Penguins?

Original. :)

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived