NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Now now, Neon. The Coyotes are in playoff contention and the Stars have a Cup in the last quarter-century. Very un-Leaf-like behavio(u)r.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now now, Neon. The Coyotes are in playoff contention and the Stars have a Cup in the last quarter-century. Very un-Leaf-like behavio(u)r.

Hey, I need SOMETHING to brag and be proud about... :(

Well, I do have the Grabovski/Sergei Kostitsyn showdown to look forward to. That should be a lot of fun... although, I have never seen two Belorussians (well apparently one and the other is a "french guy") drop the gloves. Hopefully it is a legendary game! ^_^

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

After seeing the Kings alternates live in person and 8 rows from the ice on Thursday, I have this gut feeling that those will replace what they have currently and the purple will disappear. The reason I say that is Luc has an affection for those colors and the purple, silver, and black haven't really been an era of good times. I think they'll change in a couple years as this team grows and the black and silver will be their identity.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, that's some great news. The addition of the tomahawks does have me a bit concerned, though - it strikes me as needless clutter.

Oh, and interesting note: the crests on the Hawks' Winter Classic Jerseys are not chain-stitched. Wonder if that'll change for next season...

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I don't believe it.

They wouldn't have a third jersey for ONE SEASON only to replace. Reebok wouldn't allow it and the NHL wouldn't allow it. Maybe give it a few years but I call this one being BS.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The addition of the tomahawks does have me a bit concerned, though - it strikes me as needless clutter.

Third jerseys are needless clutter. And I like the Winter Classic sweater; I just can't get behind it replacing the classic reds some 16 times a year or whatever.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't believe it.

They wouldn't have a third jersey for ONE SEASON only to replace. Reebok wouldn't allow it and the NHL wouldn't allow it. Maybe give it a few years but I call this one being BS.

Its not like it was a redesign. all our 3rd jersey was was an edge version of what the 3rd has always been. it could have been the plan the entire time for all we know.

all i know is that if this happens, i am a VERY happy camper.

2IA3b.png

The addition of the tomahawks does have me a bit concerned, though - it strikes me as needless clutter.

Third jerseys are needless clutter. And I like the Winter Classic sweater; I just can't get behind it replacing the classic reds some 16 times a year or whatever.

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post, but I have said it before and completely agree. Ideally, I would want the Hawks only to wear red at home. But since that happening doesn't seem possible, I would prefer the Winter Classic jerseys over the current alts.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't believe it.

Its not like it was a redesign. all our 3rd jersey was was an edge version of what the 3rd has always been. it could have been the plan the entire time for all we know.

Reebok still produced A LOT of them and there is no way they'd try to clear them out in less than a year after launch.

I smell this as being very fishy. No sources, no evidence. Just some hearsay for all we know. It just does not seem to make much sense at the moment.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

I don't believe it.

Reebok still produced A LOT of them and there is no way they'd try to clear them out in less than a year after launch.

I smell this as being very fishy. No sources, no evidence. Just some hearsay for all we know. It just does not seem to make much sense at the moment.

I would agree with you on the whole ditched after one year thing. However, understand that the Blackhawks are the hottest team in the league right now from a marketing standpoint, and black is still the most marketable color. You could put the current black alt and the Winter Classic jersey side-by-side on a rack here in Chicago, and you won't have any problem selling either of them, even if one isn't worn on the ice anymore. Perhaps that's what someone else is thinking, too.

As for black cutting in on the red jersey's territory: The Hawks seem to work in a good number of appearances of the red on the road every year. And besides that, the red jersey is the inferior member of the set, so it's not too much of a loss. :P

• 2 weeks later...
Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

Awww drat, I thought they were going to be using the shiny fabric the Washington Wizards use!! :P

But really... that isn't all that bad. Not as Nashville-ish as I imagined. If that ends up being close to what they wear, it won't be the eye sore I have in my mind.

Ottawa's third jersey is actually black with SENS in white with a red shadow behind it slanting upwards.

Archived