NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Anyone know why the Canucks are wearing their home blues on this current road trip and why Luongo is wearing his old mask?

Luongo says 'its better luck',and each team gets to where there white jerseys at home once or twice a year,just a quintessence that they wore there home blue two games in a row on the road.

My, how spellcheck has failed thee.

The big word you were trying to spell, by the way, was "coincidence."

Hahahah.

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not exactly third jersey news, but a special helmet decal may be coming for the Sabres after a plane crashed on approach to Buffalo this evening, killing 49.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/577959.html

There's a plane crash with 49 casualties and you're thinking about a helmet decal? I get that this is a sports uniforms message board and all, but I don't know how you could think about that on the same night of the crash.

That was really far from my mind when I heard about the tragedy.

Believe me, I'm shaken. I live 40 minutes away from the crash scene. My girlfriend lives 20 minutes away. This is the worst I've felt since 9/11 (which also happens to be my birthday). I'll admit I did come across as seemingly insensitive.

I suppose I was just looking for something to take my mind off what had happened. Didn't work too well, seeing my above post.

And now, back to your NHL 3rd jersey rumors, already in progress.

Not exactly third jersey news, but a special helmet decal may be coming for the Sabres after a plane crashed on approach to Buffalo this evening, killing 49.

There's a plane crash with 49 casualties and you're thinking about a helmet decal? I get that this is a sports uniforms message board and all, but I don't know how you could think about that on the same night of the crash.

Believe me, I'm shaken. I live 40 minutes away from the crash scene. My girlfriend lives 20 minutes away. This is the worst I've felt since 9/11 (which also happens to be my birthday). I'll admit I did come across as seemingly insensitive.

I suppose I was just looking for something to take my mind off what had happened. Didn't work too well, seeing my above post.

And now, back to your NHL 3rd jersey rumors, already in progress.

No worries. It just read a tap flippant when I saw it last night.

The icethetics posting from ten days ago (that mentions the Flyers making their homes their alternates and their alternates into homes, as someone mentioned in here earlier) also says:

But wait, there's more! Edmonton fans rejoice! Allegedly, your club is getting brand new home and road jerseys. Sadly, that's all the information I have at the moment. We'll probably just see minor changes like, you know, connecting the sleeve stripes. The third jersey isn't going anywhere.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2009/2/5/t...ey-09-news.html

I hope this is true. Maybe this also explains why Game On Sports in Edmonton was selling Oilers' authentics recently for $149.99?

Anyone know why the Canucks are wearing their home blues on this current road trip and why Luongo is wearing his old mask?

Luongo says 'its better luck',and each team gets to where there white jerseys at home once or twice a year,just a quintessence that they wore there home blue two games in a row on the road.

My, how spellcheck has failed thee.

The big word you were trying to spell, by the way, was "coincidence."

"Quintessence" - translated literally to 'the essence of five'. Sort of like a high five, which could become a super fancy way of saying "give me five" as in "hey, good job man, quintessence" :P

I posted this is the NHL thread, thought I should redirect to where it actually belongs

I have to say that I once liked them (the Hurricanse third uniforms) for springing for the black pants and helmets, but after seeing them in action they are awful. The red numbers outlined in white look bad and are difficult to read. the hockey stick flag logo doesn't make for a good crest, the chevron stripes on the socks are odd to say the least and the hem pattern hurricane warning symbol is meaningless if it's in another color. But the worst thing about them is definitely the black shoulder logo on the black back ground. Someone explain to me the thought process behind that decision.

PvO6ZWJ.png

"Quintessence" - translated literally to 'the essence of five'. Sort of like a high five, which could become a super fancy way of saying "give me five" as in "hey, good job man, quintessence" :P

It was also Plato's mythical fifth element. At least I think that was Plato. One of the Greeks.

Hush up you silly tragedy whore.

Wow, just wow.

:jawdrop:

:jawdrop:

:woot:

OK...

Anyhoo...

I don't know what to make from this, especially since I was watching it on mute at work. But on tonight's MSG broadcast of the Rangers/Isles game, a graphic came up for a charity blood drive. Alongside the info: a navy Lady Liberty jersey, complete with a Reebok replica jock tag. Anyone watching it care to provide some additional context?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Anyhoo...

I don't know what to make from this, especially since I was watching it on mute at work. But on tonight's MSG broadcast of the Rangers/Isles game, a graphic came up for a charity blood drive. Alongside the info: a navy Lady Liberty jersey, complete with a Reebok replica jock tag. Anyone watching it care to provide some additional context?

That would be awesome! Those are some of my favorite all time NHL jerseys.

2ly2w09.jpg

Anyhoo...

Looks like the first leak of the 2009/10 alternate jerseys :o

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Anyhoo...

Are you sure it was a Reebok jock tag and not a Red Cross tag in a similar location? Comcast-Spectacor held their blood drive a few weeks ago and the incentive was a free "replica" (screenprinted versions, not true retail replicas) jersey from the Flyers, Sixers, Phantoms, or Wings. The only pics of this year's I've been able to find are the Phantoms (The back looks awful!) and Wings (apparently not as nice as last year's) but I've seen a few of the Upshall ones at Flyers games.

Archived