NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't sure if we're ready for a 2009-2010 NHL 3rd jersey thread, so I'll just post this here.

Preds Begin Season Ticket Renewal Campaign

Those who sign up for full season tickets will also receive the new Third Jersey – expected to be released in the 2009-2010 season.

I wasn't sure if we're ready for a 2009-2010 NHL 3rd jersey thread, so I'll just post this here.

Those who sign up for full season tickets will also receive the new Third Jersey – expected to be released in the 2009-2010 season.

Must be ugly if they're willing to give them away ^_^

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Those who sign up for full season tickets will also receive the new Third Jersey ? expected to be released in the 2009-2010 season.

I'm putting a fiver on mustard, a wordmark, and a front number right now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Just like they gave away the immensely popular Mustards? *rolls eyes sarcastically*

This wouldn't surprise me any. Although there has been talk on the Preds' boards for a while about a new logo of some sort, I'd bet the 3rd will feature "NASHVILLE" in huge letters out of spite for Hamilton, Ontario. :D

Just like they gave away the immensely popular Mustards? *rolls eyes sarcastically*

This wouldn't surprise me any. Although there has been talk on the Preds' boards for a while about a new logo of some sort, I'd bet the 3rd will feature "NASHVILLE" in huge letters out of spite for Hamilton, Ontario. :D

They are just denying the inevitable lol.

They are just denying the inevitable lol.

That must be the case. Sort of like how the Grizzlies started putting just "VANCOUVER" on their road jerseys before migrating to Memphis.

Just a question on the NHL's stance on thirds, I noticed that when the NHL expanded back in the late 90's and early 2000's, those teams (Nashville, Atlanta, Minnesota, and Columbus) Didn't get thirds until about 3 or 4 years into the league. Is this a rule put in by the NHL? I've minor leagues with new teams get 3rds right away, an example is the Ontario Reign of the ECHL.

That is actually a rule they've put in place. The league wanted to secure a strong identity with the public before throwing a new look on the ice. But if you notice that both Minnesota and Columbus released third jerseys as soon as possible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just a question on the NHL's stance on thirds, I noticed that when the NHL expanded back in the late 90's and early 2000's, those teams (Nashville, Atlanta, Minnesota, and Columbus) Didn't get thirds until about 3 or 4 years into the league. Is this a rule put in by the NHL? I've minor leagues with new teams get 3rds right away, an example is the Ontario Reign of the ECHL.

That is actually a rule they've put in place. The league wanted to secure a strong identity with the public before throwing a new look on the ice. But if you notice that both Minnesota and Columbus released third jerseys as soon as possible.

In columbus' case their third was better than the at the time currents. That was a case where the third brought in some much needed change with their uniform package. Now they are the best in the league. again probably not saying much since 80% of the league looks like total ass.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Hey, the Islanders finally finished their socks!

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Glad the stripe goes all the way around, but it doesn't make that set look much better.

its actually something you don't notice when watching it in motion. I never even realized it until someone pointed it out. There again i'm not dennisbergen with the sock fetish.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

But if you notice that both Minnesota and Columbus released third jerseys as soon as possible.

when did columbus wear a third?

Their current logo was on their third jersey pre-Edge. It was navy with black sleeves.

But if you notice that both Minnesota and Columbus released third jerseys as soon as possible.

Their current logo was on their third jersey pre-Edge. It was navy with black sleeves.

It was first seen during the 2003-04 season.

It was also the best jersey they ever wore.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

It was also the best jersey they ever wore.

Agreed. Putting navy and black together should violate some tenet of good design, but damned if they didn't make it work. The only glaring flaw of that jersey was the day-glo yellow of the stick in the "CBJ" logo on the shoulder. A couple of years back, someone on eBay was selling "error" versions of these jerseys which had the union cap patches on both shoulders. I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of those, but I'm pretty happy with the $36 authentic I got a few months back.

Interesting thing I've noticed on all the jerseys of the Ducks that came over on the trade deadline or who changed their number recently

The Ducks enlarged the logo on the jersey this season.

Well on all the Ducks that came over on the trade deadline (Wisniewski, Christensen, Nokelainen) and who recently changed their number (Bobby Ryan went from #54 to #9) they are using the jerseys with the small logos from last year.

Christensen and Wisnewski with small logo:

Ab85328070.jpg

Teemu Selanne in normal jersey

Player3.gif

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived