NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can now confirm the Canadiens will have numerous third jerseys next season... also a bran new third for team canada a the worlds...

So basically this, this, this, this, this, and that.

It's a shame you did not bring a source in your post nor did you even mention where this idea came from. It's too bad because your idea or whoever idea it was is in fact, a great idea. The variations would be a great way to celebrate this anniversary from many historic perspectives. We would also see the on and off return of brown shorts for the first time in 80 years and who knew we would see the globe once again.

Am I missing a joke? Because I don't see them using brown shorts.

Ty Conklin had brown pads during the winter classic. Everybody loved them and complained why Fleury did not do the same thing. So why not use brown shorts with a vintage jersey. And no you're not missing a joke, maybe you skipped the part where I said it would be on and off...or only a number of games a year.

I can now confirm the Canadiens will have numerous third jerseys next season... also a bran new third for team canada a the worlds...

So basically this, this, this, this, this, and that.

It's a shame you did not bring a source in your post nor did you even mention where this idea came from. It's too bad because your idea or whoever idea it was is in fact, a great idea. The variations would be a great way to celebrate this anniversary from many historic perspectives. We would also see the on and off return of brown shorts for the first time in 80 years and who knew we would see the globe once again.

From what I have seen in regards to merchandise being sold geared towards the 100th anni are as follows:

6381.gif

6383.gif

6384.gif

6385.gif

6380.gif

One of them doesn't belong but I cannot remember which one. Either way I would not be surprised to see the jerseys which reflect these logos. When I can double check I'll update.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Reebok/CCM is trying to push a bunch of 100th anniversary stuff for next year but they have stupid numbers in terms of order minimums so don't count on seeing much of it outside of Montreal unless it's a big chain store.

Surely some other company will put something out that actually makes sense and looks better anyways.

I was assuming they would go with this one... (my personal favorite in all of hockey)

tn_Montreal-Canadiens-3rd-Jersey.jpg

Same, my favorite jersey of all time.

in all honesty that should be their road jersey. I understand the white one has been in use for a 100 years but really that one looks so much nicer than their white one they have.

off topic, i'm currently in the hunt for that white habs jersey.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I was assuming they would go with this one... (my personal favorite in all of hockey)

Actually, Conklin wore his standard black and gold pads with a special blue mask for the game. Sabourin was the guy with the brown pads. And they looked sweet.

sabouins.jpg

Fleury also had a special yellow mask painted for the game too. It's a shame it never saw game action.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

in all honesty that should be their road jersey. I understand the white one has been in use for a 100 years but really that one looks so much nicer than their white one they have.

I agree 25893.gif%

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Actually, Conklin wore his standard black and gold pads with a special blue mask for the game. Sabourin was the guy with the brown pads. And they looked sweet.

sabouins.jpg

Fleury also had a special yellow mask painted for the game too. It's a shame it never saw game action.

Now THAT's a blocker!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

It's nothing really new or noteworthy, but Andy Strickland reported this today.

I think Blues fans will be pleased with the third jersey the organization has designed. I?ve been asked to keep it a secret, but I will say it is a jersey likely to be worn at home because it is dark. NHL clubs are allowed to wear their third jersey up to 15 times in a season.

From what I have seen in regards to merchandise being sold geared towards the 100th anni are as follows:

6383.gif

I think they should go with that one. It would sell like hotcakes in Montreal!

Are you being facetious? I'm not sure, because I could see that NOT selling well. It is essentially a mix between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens, regardless of its place in history. I can't see that go over well.

Juventus.png

I think Blues fans will be pleased with the third jersey the organization has designed. I?ve been asked to keep it a secret, but I will say it is a jersey likely to be worn at home because it is dark. NHL clubs are allowed to wear their third jersey up to 15 times in a season.

i was told the same thing about the avs jerseys and they are in the bottom 5 in uniforms.

'bold, innovative, pleasing to the eye = floating log in the toilet'

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

6383.gif

I think they should go with that one. It would sell like hotcakes in Montreal!

Are you being facetious? I'm not sure, because I could see that NOT selling well. It is essentially a mix between the Maple Leafs and Canadiens, regardless of its place in history. I can't see that go over well.

I think that might have been the joke.

thecatch.jpg

i was told the same thing about the avs jerseys and they are in the bottom 5 in uniforms.

At least the Blues have insurance since it's only a 3rd jersey and it can join the ranks of the Mooterus and Pooh-Bear if necessary.

At least the Blues have insurance since it's only a 3rd jersey and it can join the ranks of the Mooterus and Pooh-Bear if necessary.

Blues have a good reputation for great design in all aspects of their organization since about 1998. (Yes, that coincides with the end of the red, but that's also when some major changes took place with ownership and the front office. There were additional major changes a few years back, but the relationships with design firms and others have stayed mostly in tact.)

I'm not worried about the third jersey too much.

I also tend to trust Strickland's taste. He said he liked the new RBK uniforms, but thought the fans might see them as a little too innovative, especially with striping that moved to the front of the pants.

So if anything, he was overly cautious when predicted fan reaction.

And as you say, worst case, we wear them a bit and dump 'em.

What? That it would barely last a season, or that it would barely last a decade?

Just thought I'd mention that, according to the Predators' boards, rumor is there will be a third jersey for Nashville for the 2009-10 season. The reason they're getting theirs a year late because of the ownership situation from when the 2008-09 batch were being planned.

Also, one poster said the Preds will also be adopting a new alt. logo sometime soon. No word yet as to whether this new mark will be used on the aforementioned third jersey.

Discussion

Archived