NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

I just hope the Preds don't bring back these disgusting things-

pG01-1821977reg.jpg

>1st post ever (bow)

Those are still IMO light years better than the garbage they skate in these days. Noting like a sleeve stripe designed to look like you're wearing a t-shirt.

But that mustard color really does look amazing on the ice.

I have to agree with you... don't care what people say, I love that shirt, it looks awesome in person, with the layered mesh etc...

From a design and marketing stand point it's gutsy and genius.

We need teams to be different or next thing you know we end up with the House League templated look the CFL took a few years ago.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was assuming they would go with this one... (my personal favorite in all of hockey)

tn_Montreal-Canadiens-3rd-Jersey.jpg

Actually, Conklin wore his standard black and gold pads with a special blue mask for the game. Sabourin was the guy with the brown pads. And they looked sweet.

sabouins.jpg

Fleury also had a special yellow mask painted for the game too. It's a shame it never saw game action.

Now THAT's a blocker!

Huummmm!!!!! Ice Cream Sandwich (... I remember as a kid, in french we were calling the Blocker: "Biscuit")

Outstanding look! :hockeysmiley:

@Frenchie_TO

Blues have a good reputation for great design in all aspects of their organization since about 1998.

I would say the Blues have a good reputation for great design from, say, the end of 1997/98 through the off-season of 1998/99.

The Blues new Rbk Edge jerseys ruined what was once a great set.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Blues have a good reputation for great design in all aspects of their organization since about 1998.

I would say the Blues have a good reputation for great design from, say, the end of 1997/98 through the off-season of 1998/99.

The Blues new Rbk Edge jerseys ruined what was once a great set.

i think the thinking was, if they are going to play like :censored: at least look the part. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I just hope the Preds don't bring back these disgusting things-

pG01-1821977reg.jpg

>1st post ever (bow)

Those are still IMO light years better than the garbage they skate in these days. Noting like a sleeve stripe designed to look like you're wearing a t-shirt.

But that mustard color really does look amazing on the ice.

I have to agree with you... don't care what people say, I love that shirt, it looks awesome in person, with the layered mesh etc...

From a design and marketing stand point it's gutsy and genius.

We need teams to be different or next thing you know we end up with the House League templated look the CFL took a few years ago.

I cant agree with you on the Preds jersey because I hate it with a passion but I agree with your second statement. We need teams to be original and stand out compared to other teams.

The CFL is a joke with there jerseys...they all have piping and most look exactly the same.

Sorry if it's already been addressed in the thread, but after going through 80% of the posts I cant' see details for the AVS.

Anyone know what they're planning to do?

If they're going back to the Burgundy COLORADO diagonal script, there are a few sites sellin gthe CCMs for pretty cheap, I'd consider getting one...

@Frenchie_TO

Sorry if it's already been addressed in the thread, but after going through 80% of the posts I cant' see details for the AVS.

If they're going back to the Burgundy COLORADO diagonal script, there are a few sites sellin gthe CCMs for pretty cheap, I'd consider getting one...

From what the board has gathered the Avs are one of the teams not slated to get an alternate for next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they come out with one in '09-'10.

Think you'd be able to give me the link to one of those websites? I've been dying to get one of those alternate jerseys.

The Avs need their old jerseys back, not any of this templated crap they have going for them now. :cursing:

Think you'd be able to give me the link to one of those websites? I've been dying to get one of those alternate jerseys.

The Avs need their old jerseys back, not any of this templated crap they have going for them now. :cursing:

I thought they were from someone (cool hockey, cool jersey???) who has shop on ebay, but it was river city... River City Sports

At that price I would consider getting one, except the player I want (#55) never wore the ALT shirt...

For the Avs EDGE template, I think that given what their shirts looked like before, it was the closes ones to that EDGE template.

@Frenchie_TO

I thought they were from someone (cool hockey, cool jersey???) who has shop on ebay, but it was river city... River City Sports

At that price I would consider getting one, except the player I want (#55) never wore the ALT shirt...

For the Avs EDGE template, I think that given what their shirts looked like before, it was the closes ones to that EDGE template.

Ooh, $110, I might have to get a Stastny one. Mootown Athletic Wear on eBay had some blank ones for $35, but I missed picking any up and I'm now kicking myself for not getting one. Good choice in McLeod, I love that guy. Thanks for posting that.

I'm looking forward to the Hurricanes' new black third jerseys. A Ruutu or Gleason one would look awfully nice next to my Brind'Amour CCM home jersey.

From NHLLOGOS.blogspot.com

The San Jose Sharks held their "State of the Sharks" event on Tuesday night. It's essentially an informational session for fans. Sharks President and Chief Executive Officer Greg Jamison addressed the question of a third jersey for next season.

There is a good chance it will be black. It is still being decided on. I can tell you we get input from the fans, staff and the players. The players were very involved in the jerseys for this year. I think the third jersey will be very neat.

http://sharks.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=363977

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

The San Jose Sharks held their "State of the Sharks" event on Tuesday night. It's essentially an informational session for fans. Sharks President and Chief Executive Officer Greg Jamison addressed the question of a third jersey for next season.

There is a good chance it will be black. It is still being decided on. I can tell you we get input from the fans, staff and the players. The players were very involved in the jerseys for this year. I think the third jersey will be very neat.

I'm hoping it's not their current jersey in black. Both jerseys they have now are great but I don't see that template looking well in black. I hope they stay away from something resemblant of all those fan concepts of black and teal stripes. I hope features this logo on the front for the crest.

I'm hoping it's not their current jersey in black. Both jerseys they have now are great but I don't see that template looking well in black. I hope they stay away from something resemblant of all those fan concepts of black and teal stripes. I hope features this logo on the front for the crest.

i personally think their previous black jersey was very very sharp. i wouldn't be caught dead in one, obviously... but it was a very nice looking sweater.

i personally think their previous black jersey was very very sharp. i wouldn't be caught dead in one, obviously... but it was a very nice looking sweater.

I think so too but a lot of people disagree with us. I would love to see them use the Worcester Sharks black jersey with the crest I mentionned 2 posts above, and make the small teal stripe orange, thus removing all the teal in their alt. The jerseys have been critisized in general but I don't know how well they sold in SJ. I guess that's what's going to matter in the end.

As long as this thing is never seen from or heard from again:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Yes, it's so loud, you can hear it.

IDK...depending on how they execute the new logo, I might put that ahead of the new thirds.

Unfortunately Mike Keenan isn't around to say "no".

Please for the love of God, leave that Jersey in the past and hopefully will never come out of the closet again.

If I see that jersey again, I will puke! Especially if it's actually worn!

I was assuming they would go with this one... (my personal favorite in all of hockey)

Actually, Conklin wore his standard black and gold pads with a special blue mask for the game. Sabourin was the guy with the brown pads. And they looked sweet.

sabouins.jpg

Fleury also had a special yellow mask painted for the game too. It's a shame it never saw game action.

Now THAT's a blocker!

anyone want to see those in more than one game? How about permanently? Get those jerseys as home and aways!

sabouins.jpg

Now THAT's a blocker!

anyone want to see those in more than one game? How about permanently? Get those jerseys as home and aways!

What are you talking about? The white Habs jersey as a home AND away?

Hi, how are you?

As long as this thing is never seen from or heard from again:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Yes, it's so loud, you can hear it.

IDK...depending on how they execute the new logo, I might put that ahead of the new thirds.

Unfortunately Mike Keenan isn't around to say "no".

Please for the love of God, leave that Jersey in the past and hopefully will never come out of the closet again.

If I see that jersey again, I will puke! Especially if it's actually worn!

If you post in Comic Sans again, I may puke.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived