NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you post in Comic Sans again, I may puke.

What?

Exhibit A as to why your still Pritch77.

There is a difference between your and you're. It isn't too hard to figure out, but you seem to be having trouble with it so before you bash someone else for whatever reason, learn how to coherently speak the language.

What?

There is a difference between your and you're. It isn't too hard to figure out, but you seem to be having trouble with it so before you bash someone else for whatever reason, learn how to coherently speak the language.

My mistake, it's a bad habit. I know you + are = you're.

Sorry Officer.

Hi, how are you?

What?

Give it a rest.

Blues have a good reputation for great design in all aspects of their organization since about 1998.

I would say the Blues have a good reputation for great design from, say, the end of 1997/98 through the off-season of 1998/99.

The Blues new Rbk Edge jerseys ruined what was once a great set.

I like 'em. Lotsa people like 'em. I think they're in the top 2-3 of the best re-designed (which means don't include those who just transfered over) of the uniforms.

That said, I originally saw it as a downgrade (because I thoroughly believed that before they were top 2 in the whole league, and I won't make that claim at all about the new ones) and still am not sure it's quite right. Certainly understand if you don't like it.

But, regardless, the reason I didn't put the date limits on it that you did is that I meant design in ALL aspects. They won awards for their advertising schemes, and year after year have churned out well designed...everything.

I guess if you don't like the new stuff, there's reason to doubt the alts will be good. But I more or less like the new stuff, so I'm confident I'll like it.

What?

I hope you meant write and not speak. If you have had a conversation with him, I retract my statement.

As long as this thing is never seen from or heard from again:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Yes, it's so loud, you can hear it.

IDK...depending on how they execute the new logo, I might put that ahead of the new thirds.

Unfortunately Mike Keenan isn't around to say "no".

So we can rule out that that this will be the Flames 3rd as well? :D:D

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 3 weeks later...

Just in case anyone's interested...

From NHL ToL...

I got an email from a reader named Jerry about possible new third jersey designs for the Minnesota Wild. Apparently the team held a fan appreciation day in St. Paul on Thursday and there were staff members walking around doing surveys with fans about new alternate sweaters.

Jerry said they had about six to eight designs to choose from and that they were not allowed to take pictures ? probably because of sites like this one. Anyway, I asked him to describe the designs for you guys. Here's what he said.

OK, I'll try my best to remember

Two designs were just text: Minnesota and Minn, each had the North Star symbol for the dot in "i," the colors were green or wheat (single color).

One design had the letter "M" in the same font of the Boston Red Sox's "B" with the Wild colors orbiting the M, the color was red or green (the same for the following).

One was super-stretch "W" with Wild background etch in the "W."

The remaining two were morphing the Wild logo into "M" and "W."

That's what I can think off right now,

hope this can help!

From NHL ToL...

I got an email from a reader named Jerry about possible new third jersey designs for the Minnesota Wild. Apparently the team held a fan appreciation day in St. Paul on Thursday and there were staff members walking around doing surveys with fans about new alternate sweaters.

Jerry said they had about six to eight designs to choose from and that they were not allowed to take pictures ? probably because of sites like this one. Anyway, I asked him to describe the designs for you guys. Here's what he said.

OK, I'll try my best to remember

Two designs were just text: Minnesota and Minn, each had the North Star symbol for the dot in "i," the colors were green or wheat (single color).

One design had the letter "M" in the same font of the Boston Red Sox's "B" with the Wild colors orbiting the M, the color was red or green (the same for the following).

One was super-stretch "W" with Wild background etch in the "W."

The remaining two were morphing the Wild logo into "M" and "W."

That's what I can think off right now,

hope this can help!

tough to call with out pictures they dont really sound good but you never know what they might look like.

formsig%20.jpgDolphins-two.gif

Its is Offical that the Leafs are bringing back the same Third Jersey worn before the RBK style Jersey's came in 07/08, but of course in the RBK style.

It is a nice jersey, but they still got to fix the current home and roads. Having the stripes removed still looks odd.

Since the Silver Fox has indicated that changes are going to me made to the roster, maybe it can start from the jersey.

I would like to finish off with Go Leafs Go, but I am to pissed off with them.

Its is Offical that the Leafs are bringing back the same Third Jersey worn before the RBK style Jersey's came in 07/08, but of course in the RBK style.

It is a nice jersey, but they still got to fix the current home and roads. Having the stripes removed still looks odd.

Since the Silver Fox has indicated that changes are going to me made to the roster, maybe it can start from the jersey.

I would like to finish off with Go Leafs Go, but I am to pissed off with them.

where did you here this? not that i doubt it cause thats pretty much what everyone thought would happen just wondering how you got it for sure.

formsig%20.jpgDolphins-two.gif

Its a very possible rumour... nothing official yet that I know of. Hopefully I'll know more in the near future.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My family has season tickets and were informed by a member of MLSE about the new third Jesey. I was the one who provided the jersey changes to the RAPs couple of months before the showed the new gear at a charity golf tournament in 2006 and also on this forum provided the changes of the leafs new RBK uniforms (Ugly) couple of months before they were released to the public.

It is Official trust me, and if you want to confirm please go to a sporting store which sells all pro sport uniforms, because they should have all the information of the new third's and how they will look.

It is very important to note unlike the current home and away with no stripes, the third jersey will include stripes at the bottom of the uniform.

From NHL ToL...

Now why in the hell wouldn't they ask me what I thought? I would have liked to have seen them. I was at that event and probably have as many jerseys as everyone else there combined. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It is Official trust me, and if you want to confirm please go to a sporting store which sells all pro sport uniforms, because they should have all the information of the new third's and how they will look.

It is official, I will give you that.

But if you think you can just go to any store and 1) they will just give that information away like that (otherwise what's the point of Reebok, teams trying to keep it a secret), and 2) more than 1 or 2 employees at a retail store will be educated with that information, you're kidding yourself.

Dont know what city you live in, but why dont you try it before you repond to someones comments to help people getting information they want. You probably libe in PEI where the have only one sport store and probably only have one leaf jersey for sale which of course is on a used rack.

Easy oakland!!!

Dont know what city you live in, but why dont you try it before you repond to someones comments to help people getting information they want. You probably libe in PEI where the have only one sport store and probably only have one leaf jersey for sale which of course is on a used rack.

Easy oakland!!!

... or the complete opposite, in Edmonton, AB.

I work in a store, and most of our staff has jersey info shared with them, but we're not going to just tell customers. It makes the store look bad and could result in consequences from the manufacturers.

Go to a chain store though, which mine is not, but most stores you'll find are, and 90% of the staff is high school kids who you're lucky if they know all the teams.

Archived