NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Dont know what city you live in, but why dont you try it before you repond to someones comments to help people getting information they want. You probably libe in PEI where the have only one sport store and probably only have one leaf jersey for sale which of course is on a used rack.

Easy oakland!!!

... or the complete opposite, in Edmonton, AB.

I work in a store, and most of our staff has jersey info shared with them, but we're not going to just tell customers. It makes the store look bad and could result in consequences from the manufacturers.

Go to a chain store though, which mine is not, but most stores you'll find are, and 90% of the staff is high school kids who you're lucky if they know all the teams.

i went to one chain store, will be left nameless and asked if they had any old style islander or canadians jerseys. He responded I kid you not, "Are they minor league teams? We only sell major league teams" I responded, "No, they are NHL teams". He goes, "Are you sure? I've never heard of those teams. They can't be NHL teams." i walked out of the store.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My family has season tickets and were informed by a member of MLSE about the new third Jesey. I was the one who provided the jersey changes to the RAPs couple of months before the showed the new gear at a charity golf tournament in 2006 and also on this forum provided the changes of the leafs new RBK uniforms (Ugly) couple of months before they were released to the public.

It is Official trust me, and if you want to confirm please go to a sporting store which sells all pro sport uniforms, because they should have all the information of the new third's and how they will look.

It is very important to note unlike the current home and away with no stripes, the third jersey will include stripes at the bottom of the uniform.

if what you say is true i maybe tempted to go buy a leafs third.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i went to one chain store, will be left nameless and asked if they had any old style islander or canadians jerseys. He responded I kid you not, "Are they minor league teams? We only sell major league teams" I responded, "No, they are NHL teams". He goes, "Are you sure? I've never heard of those teams. They can't be NHL teams." i walked out of the store.

Unbelievable. Actually, I take that back. I could understand that there are places where people do not follow hockey, yet I'm sure that same employee is either a hardcore football or baseball fan. I mean, I only realized that the Montreal Expos ceased to exist in mid 2005. Nah, I kid! I would find it quite insulting if that happened to me.

Just curious, in what city was this store of yours?

New York City of all places. It was actually on the way to seeing a Islanders/Rangers game at Madison Square Garden. i wanted to stop by and get freind of mine whose wife was in the hospital an islanders jersey because she was an islanders fan.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

any word if we will see any of the 3rds during the draft this weekend?

Off hand, I've never seen any draftee given a 3rd jersey to wear.

The Ducks handed their draft pick a 3rd jersey in 1997 ('98 maybe?) - the year they introduced the vertical sleeve stripes...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Ducks handed their draft pick a 3rd jersey in 1997 ('98 maybe?) - the year they introduced the vertical sleeve stripes...

It was actually their primary jersey. They had 2 sets of jerseys, their new ones didn't last very long.

My family has season tickets and were informed by a member of MLSE about the new third Jesey. I was the one who provided the jersey changes to the RAPs couple of months before the showed the new gear at a charity golf tournament in 2006 and also on this forum provided the changes of the leafs new RBK uniforms (Ugly) couple of months before they were released to the public.

It is Official trust me, and if you want to confirm please go to a sporting store which sells all pro sport uniforms, because they should have all the information of the new third's and how they will look.

It is very important to note unlike the current home and away with no stripes, the third jersey will include stripes at the bottom of the uniform.

You are so full of crap that it is having a hard time staying within the confines of your body.

You have a history of 4 posts, 3 of which are in this thread, the fourth is supporting someone else in their sighting of the new Raps logo in Union Statoin which I took a picture of and posted on here. I also believe that I mentioned it before you did. And you did not 'leak' it to us.

You did not say anything about the Leafs on here before now. You did not 'break the news' about the new Leafs jersey on here as you had never been on here before now. If you had, why not go back and use your original account to make these posts? Up until they were unveiled most people on here (excluding myself and a few others who actually know what is going on) believed that the new jersey would have a huge Leaf or some other kinds of weird striping.

Show me this 'post' that you made months before the new jerseys were unveiled that proves 'YOU' leaked such information. Until then, I will continue to believe you are full of crap.

In addition, you were not the first one on here to mention that the new 3rd would be the old alt. Look back to the beginning of this thread and you will see mention of it.

Don't make up lies and try to take credit for it OR put others down for calling you out. Oakland has built up a fairly nice reputation with accurate information - I'd listen to him. He can also type properly.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm pretty sure the Penguins did sometime in the 90's...maybe 1997 the year Joe Tornton was drafted as thats the only year I remember watching the draft when I was a kid. I just remember it still being their 3rd not their road at the time.

SEAsig.png

I actually had an image in my head of Thornton wearing the garbage eating bear at the draft, but google debunked that theory...

joe_thornton_draft.jpg

As for Pittsburgh, this is the only photo I can find from the 97 draft...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/SFnavu...I/s400/dome.jpg

Cant tell if that's from the draft or not, but it is indeed the Pens' third at the time. (photo won't hotlink)

i dont think it's a question of if any draftee has ever been GIVEN a third jersey... as much as it's a question of any third jersey being unveiled at the draft. which to my knowledge has never happened.

I loved those jerseys.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

i dont think it's a question of if any draftee has ever been GIVEN a third jersey... as much as it's a question of any third jersey being unveiled at the draft. which to my knowledge has never happened.

Columbus did unveil their new edge jerseys last year right before the draft. So I guess that's the reason for optimism. Might have made sense for the Sens to show off their new alternate. But they probably would have had an event planned for it so we would have heard about it days ago.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

As for Pittsburgh, this is the only photo I can find from the 97 draft...

http://bp3.blogger.com/_fw7iF68JR8k/SFnavu...I/s400/dome.jpg

Cant tell if that's from the draft or not, but it is indeed the Pens' third at the time. (photo won't hotlink)

The number on the jersey is 97, so it very well could be.

Actually for the following season, '97-'98, the gradient jersey was the Penguins primary away jersey. '96-'97 was the last year they used the diagonal Pittsburgh script jerseys.

I remember LA a couple years back gave out their purple third jersey to a draftee.

BTW I'm I the only one here that thinks that the Kings primary home dark uniforms should be purple and not back?

No, a purple home jersey would make them look alot better, and alot more colorful.

i just read on a canucks message board by some random poster that the canucks third jersey would consist of the same colors as the current set, would have the stick n rink logo on the front, with the johnny canuck V logo (previously unused) on the shoulders, and a similar but still different striping pattern.

take it for what its worth, i might just be some doofus looking for attention, or it might be the real thing.

i'll try to track down the post.

Link

Archived