NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Canucks1.gif

I don't see them creating anything really new since it will still be vintage related, so I'd say it will look like the blue jersey above. That jersey also describes pretty much what the user said. Also, they might put the Johnny Canuck V logo in place of the white V's. Team Canada put their alt logo on the arms instead of the shoulders, maybe the Canucks are another team that can pull that one off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't much but here are some confirmed colors

Penguins - Sky Blue

Blues - Navy

Bruins - Black

Sabres - Navy

Blackhawks - Black

Stars - White

Kings - Black

Senators - Black

Flyers - Orange

Sharks - Black

Lightning - Royal

Leafs - White

Canucks - Royal

1zgyd8w.jpg

Penguins - Sky Blue

Blues - Navy

Bruins - Black

Sabres - Royal

Blackhawks - Black

Stars - White

Kings - Black (unconfirmed)

Senators - Gold

Flyers - Orange

Sharks - Black

Lightning - Navy

Leafs - White

Canucks - Royal

Hurricanes - Black

Coyotes - Black

Thrashers - Maroon

Fixed. ;)

Penguins - Sky Blue

Blues - Navy

Bruins - Black

Sabres - Royal

Blackhawks - Black

Stars - White

Kings - Black (unconfirmed)

Senators - Gold

Flyers - Orange

Sharks - Black

Lightning - Navy

Leafs - White

Canucks - Royal

Hurricanes - Black

Coyotes - Black

Thrashers - Maroon

Fixed. ;)

Confirmed or not, I would venture to say that Minnesota will bring back their green alternate ... the same jersey they should be using as their primary.

6uXNWAo.png

I thought that the Sabres new alts were going to use the current primary colors, so they'd be the 80's jerseys but in navy / yellow / gray.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought that the Sabres new alts were going to use the current primary colors, so they'd be the 80's jerseys but in navy / yellow / gray.

Yeah, back in the summer of 06, thats what Larry Quinn said. The 3rd will be vintage, but the colors will be the same as the current home jersey.

so it'll all match, which is a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...
some of the 3rd jersey desings are starting to pop up and be confirmed so I figured I would bring this thread back to life. I will start with the NY Islander 3rd it is confirmed that the isles will be wearing a throwback version of the original royal blue and orange road jersey. The only thing not confirmed is whether or not the numbers and lettering will be orange on white like the original or white on orange. I was told by an employee at the islander team store that it is not the jersey available as a throwback which they wore on bob bourne night 2 years ago, it is basically that jersey with a few tweaks but he did not go detail.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...k?urn=nhl,97127

Saw this story on Yahoo, has some leaked images of the Lightning and Coyotes jersey images.

EDIT: Icethetics blog has some up as well.

http://icethetics.blogspot.com/

I like that Coyotes logo but I don't see it working well as a crest...

As for that Sens fantasy jersey, it looks pretty nice, although a little too much black for my liking.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Alright then....

Pitts, Buffalo, St.Louis= I like, they have that classic feel, considering with the exception of St.Louis were their original jerseys.

I don't like Dallas 3rd, Tampa's just looks like somebody just got lazy, same with Ottawa, It looks like LA is trying to go back to the Gretzky era & the biggest WTF goes to Carolina, what does stars have to do with the team?

baltimoreravens.png

Random story:

I happened to have the chance to talk to a (hott!) girl who worked with the Atlanta Thrashers' front office earlier today. I do not know exactly what she did there but she knew that nothing with the revised logo is out on the market (I forgot that the colours were changed for this upcoming season). I happened to ask her what she thought of the third jersey and she said that it actually looked nice and that (I described the mock-ups I have seen of it) the jersey I described sounded like one of the final designs they were looking at (stupidly I didn't ask what the other concpets looked like). So this all but confirms that the Thrashers jersey is legit and that the mock-ups we have made are fairly close to the final product.

I just thought this random encounter would be of interest.

Did I mention she was kind of hot?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Random story:

I happened to have the chance to talk to a (hott!) girl who worked with the Atlanta Thrashers' front office earlier today. I do not know exactly what she did there but she knew that nothing with the revised logo is out on the market (I forgot that the colours were changed for this upcoming season). I happened to ask her what she thought of the third jersey and she said that it actually looked nice and that (I described the mock-ups I have seen of it) the jersey I described sounded like one of the final designs they were looking at (stupidly I didn't ask what the other concpets looked like). So this all but confirms that the Thrashers jersey is legit and that the mock-ups we have made are fairly close to the final product.

Blah blah blah jerseys...let's get onto the things everyone cares about...

Did you get her number? B)

Random story:

Well had she not been visiting from Atlanta... maybe I would have... although her friend was from Ottawa...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Random story:

Well had she not been visiting from Atlanta... maybe I would have... although her friend was from Ottawa...

Wth? Why would that stop you?

Random story:

Wth? Why would that stop you?

I have a girlfriend and a conscience that stopped me!! Although had I been single... I'd have offered to show her around town... and by around town I mean my bed! Zing!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Your Man Card has been revoked.

Conscience....

Ah damnit!

Well.. I guess I can now persue something I was not able to when I had my Man Card.. BROADWAY STAR!!!11!!!1!!!1111!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived