NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

As long as this thing is never seen from or heard from again:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Yes, it's so loud, you can hear it.

IDK...depending on how they execute the new logo, I might put that ahead of the new thirds.

Unfortunately Mike Keenan isn't around to say "no".

Please for the love of God, leave that Jersey in the past and hopefully will never come out of the closet again.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see the Flyers do this

orangeflyersedge.jpg

A red "X"!!!?? :o NOOOO!

If you open the X in a new window, you'll see that it's their current template, only mainly orange. It looks really sharp too!

But that's so much work.

orangeflyersedge.jpg

If you open the X in a new window, you'll see that it's their current template, only mainly orange. It looks really sharp too!

But that's so much work.

Isn't it just a right click?

The script jerseys suck.

I was really hoping the Lightning would do something cool or innovative.

Yet they dissapoint by going with something very RBKish. Ugh.

I hope they stop using those rounded bottoms and go back to the straight bottoms.

anti.png

orangeflyersedge.jpg

But that's so much work.

Isn't it just a right click?

Right clicking is too much work for me.

As long as this thing is never seen from or heard from again:

BluesNeverWorn.gif

Yes, it's so loud, you can hear it.

IDK...depending on how they execute the new logo, I might put that ahead of the new thirds.

Unfortunately Mike Keenan isn't around to say "no".

Please for the love of God, leave that Jersey in the past and hopefully will never come out of the closet again.

Sorry but after this year, that jersey doesn't scare me any more

1zgyd8w.jpg

Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

Apparently, when they said Gold, they may not have meant gold like the what they have now. Maybe it's closer to a sand color rather than bright yellow.

Edit: And I just remembered last year when some Junior Dallas Stars hit the ice with what ended up being the next Stars uniform. So I'm assuming the overall design is confirmed as their future alt jersey.

Over at nhllogos there is a letter from someone who's brother plays AAAA hockey and use a jersey similar to the rumoured Senators jersey, and there is a pic of said jersey.

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Not as horrible as I had first imagined but if they put some nice arm stripes, and maybe a better shoulder yolk. Could look fine at best.

You know what...the pens shoulda done that. I always thought that gold would look terrible as a main color but now, I like it.

oBIgzrL.png

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Apparently, when they said Gold, they may not have meant gold like the what they have now. Maybe it's closer to a sand color rather than bright yellow.

Edit: And I just remembered last year when some Junior Dallas Stars hit the ice with what ended up being the next Stars uniform. So I'm assuming the overall design is confirmed as their future alt jersey.

The Junior Stars wear the exact same jersey as the Dallas Stars, so it was a dead give away. Does this junior team do the same?

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

The Junior Stars wear the exact same jersey as the Dallas Stars, so it was a dead give away. Does this junior team do the same?

Talking about the Iowa Stars of the AHL?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Here's some info and tidbits we have so far...

Information based on what I've seen:

Atlanta: will be going back to use a lot more of the red from their original uniforms. (interesting)

Boston: will use the vintage BRUINS with bear logo. (meh, prefer main set)

Buffalo: vintage blue, like 06/07. (beautiful)

Carolina: black, shoulder patch will be main logo. (nice)

Chicago: black, like the previous one. (meh)

Dallas: a white version of the black one they wear now. (awful)

Edmonton: vintage, with laces. (beautiful)

LA: can't recall if it was black or purple, but will use the LA logo. (meh)

Minnesota: as most have said, green with MINNESOTA on it like the old Avs thirds. (nice, but boring)

NY Isles: vintage. (nice)

Ottawa: GOLD, with Sens across the front. (puke)

Philly: orange. looked kind of vintage, couldn't tell if it was the 80s version or the 70s version. (hoping 70s)

Phoenix: black, with a full coyote. (awful choice of colors. I would have gone cream)

Pittsburgh: winter classic jersey. (I guess they got it confirmed, looks good though)

San Jose: black. (meh)

St. Louis: navy (meh)

Tampa: navy with Bolts on the front. (ew, why a script)

Toronto: the vintage white third from the past (classy)

Vancouver: vintage. (classy)

I'll update this post when we get more realistic information.

Lets discuss jerseys this time.

By vintage i'm assuming they are the cup era jerseys? though i'm curious on this since the uniform they had the last 10 years is pretty much the same one with the colors darkened. I'm guessing this is setting up to ditch the current duds and go back to the cup era template. which seems to be the standard procedure everytime the isles attempt a change to their uniforms. unless fans are in love with the jersey and are falling all over themselves to get one like sabres fans are. again i've been disconnected from all things islanders for about a year and where i am most people don't even know we even have a hockey team here, never mind 2 of them.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Here's some info and tidbits we have so far...

Information based on what I've seen:

Atlanta: will be going back to use a lot more of the red from their original uniforms. (interesting)

Boston: will use the vintage BRUINS with bear logo. (meh, prefer main set)

Buffalo: vintage blue, like 06/07. (beautiful)

Carolina: black, shoulder patch will be main logo. (nice)

Chicago: black, like the previous one. (meh)

Dallas: a white version of the black one they wear now. (awful)

Edmonton: vintage, with laces. (beautiful)

LA: can't recall if it was black or purple, but will use the LA logo. (meh)

Minnesota: as most have said, green with MINNESOTA on it like the old Avs thirds. (nice, but boring)

NY Isles: vintage. (nice)

Ottawa: GOLD, with Sens across the front. (puke)

Philly: orange. looked kind of vintage, couldn't tell if it was the 80s version or the 70s version. (hoping 70s)

Phoenix: black, with a full coyote. (awful choice of colors. I would have gone cream)

Pittsburgh: winter classic jersey. (I guess they got it confirmed, looks good though)

San Jose: black. (meh)

St. Louis: navy (meh)

Tampa: navy with Bolts on the front. (ew, why a script)

Toronto: the vintage white third from the past (classy)

Vancouver: vintage. (classy)

I'll update this post when we get more realistic information.

Lets discuss jerseys this time.

By vintage i'm assuming they are the cup era jerseys? though i'm curious on this since the uniform they had the last 10 years is pretty much the same one with the colors darkened. I'm guessing this is setting up to ditch the current duds and go back to the cup era template. which seems to be the standard procedure everytime the isles attempt a change to their uniforms. unless fans are in love with the jersey and are falling all over themselves to get one like sabres fans are. again i've been disconnected from all things islanders for about a year and where i am most people don't even know we even have a hockey team here, never mind 2 of them.

When they say vintage, they mean the orange pylon jersey. They aren't smart enough to go Seaman jersey vintage, sadly.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

possiblesensuni2sk2.png

Talking about the Iowa Stars of the AHL?

No the Dallas Stars Selects youth hockey group, I wish they used the Iowa Stars design

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Don't count on it. The shade of gold maybe, but that's it. The Sens aren't affiliated with any junior or minor hockey teams.

Not taking a shot at Americans in non-traditional hockey markets, but frankly, it's something that doesn't need to be done in Canada, whereas in Texas, it's probably an important part of promoting the team and the sport of hockey.

Something to note at stars.nhl.tv they had this logo

Stars-2.jpg

I have never seen the organization use this logo before, maybe this jersey isn't so unrealistic.

STARSREDO2.png

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

Archived