NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Also regarding the Sabres - if you go to their website now, they've got an ad up for preseason ticket sales. It looks like they've shown part of the front collar of the Sabres' new 3rd jersey.

preseasontix-splash.jpg

Hooray! It will have a lace collar.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hurricanes may be the first team to officially unveil their third jersey ... and it's a few weeks ahead of what most people expected ... September 10 (next Wednesday) is the day. They won't go on sale, however, until September 21 at the Caniac Carnival.

From ch.com:

RALEIGH, NC?Jim Rutherford, President and General Manager of the National Hockey League?s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that the team will reveal its new alternate uniform at a news conference on Sept. 10, at the RBC Center at 12:30 p.m. Media and fans are invited to attend the event and be the first to see the Hurricanes? new look, which the team will wear for 15 home games this season.

Hurricanes center Eric Staal, defenseman Tim Gleason and goaltender Cam Ward will model the uniform at the press conference, skating out onto their home ice in the jerseys for the first time. Television and still cameras will be permitted to shoot the event from ice level. In addition, Rutherford will be available to comment on the sweaters and the process of developing the new look. The alternate jerseys will go on sale to the general public for the first time on Sunday, Sept. 21 at the Caniac Carnival, the team?s annual season kick-off event. The Hurricanes will debut the sweaters in a game on Oct. 13, when they host the defending Stanley Cup champion Detroit Red Wings at the RBC Center.

Accredited media attending the press conference may enter through the South VIP. Lunch will be served for the media following the press conference.

Doors will open at noon for members of the general public, and fans may enter the arena next to The Eye store.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app/?servic...rticleid=381150

I wish the Hawks would have mixed it up a little bit. That alt. is so boring.

:blink:

I can't believe someone actually said that about those jerseys.

Why? I love the 'Hawks' red and white sweaters but the black is boring. I don't know what it is, but it's just drab.

I agree. It's the same problem I had with the Philly and SJ alts the last few years they had them. Simply changing your usual uniform to black is just boring. If you're going to have an alt, make it an ALT. I know most people didn't like the Bruins pooh bear, but they had the right idea: use the third color with a fancy new logo.

366678430_f28e9d99de_o.jpg

cc_patch.jpg

This image was included to people on the Hurricanes email list stating that the jerseys would be unveiled Sept. 10.

Judging by the relative size of the stitching to everything else, seems about right for a shoulder logo.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I know what Berger said... but can I just openly doubt that the Blues jersey will be blue and black.

We already know it's going to be navy blue--a navy blue that I've seen confused or black quite a few times.

I can't for the life of me see the Blues bringing in black at all, let alone on a navy jersey.

Granted, I've seen Nike mess with putting black on my Fighting Illini's navy jerseys (horrible and stupid, but it was separated with orange), so it can be done.

But I just don't see it happening here.

I'm quite sure you'll see the Blues stick to their current color scheme.

cc_patch.jpg

This image was included to people on the Hurricanes email list stating that the jerseys would be unveiled Sept. 10.

Judging by the relative size of the stitching to everything else, seems about right for a shoulder logo.

...that will not be seen by anyone higher than the fifth row.

oBIgzrL.png

cc_patch.jpg

Was this designed by New Era? Black on black?

cc_patch.jpg

Was this designed by New Era? Black on black?

Are they trying to freak out a few people by displaying a black and white pic of the shoulder patch? Or did they really remove the red? I damn sure hope they didn't.

I think its just a color removed photo. They`re not giving anything away.

Well then they went to a lot of trouble to remove any contrast and then put back a lot of white highlight down the middle of the logo... but you never know...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I think its just a color removed photo. They`re not giving anything away.

The puck in the centre is white though... On the actual logo I think the puck in the middle is black.

Carolina_Hurricanes.gif

You would be correct. Here is their primary logo as comparison.

let's hope it's not black on black...

not because it wouldn't look good. it might actually look pretty awesome, if done right...

but because a screenprinted version of it for a shoulder logo would be absolutely horrible for all the replica jerseys.

Archived