NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who thinks that jersey, if legit, looks awesome? If they had gone with that instead of the Slug when they re-branded to blue and gold, I'd bet everyone would've loved it.

Just because it isn't EXACTLY like the vintage jerseys doesn't mean it's godawful.

I actually love that new Sabres third. And I have no real complaints about the underarm piping either. It kinda ties in with the current set (though most people think that's a bad thing. Mind you, if the piping were gone, it would be an A+ in my book. As it is, it's just a solid A.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

the guy who leaked this is on his way to being :censored:canned because of this.

I think it's fairly obvious the Sabres are leaking this. There's been way too many leaks from them for it to be by chance.

As for the jersey it looks like crap. The "halter top" piping on the side is idiotic and completely unnecessary. Silver and yellow look do not go well together. Like I said earlier: they should have modernized the logo and stuck with the original template. This is nothing but a cash grab.

actually it isnt, i know the guy who did leak it. he got the pic message from a friend at the arena, same guy who leaked the pic of center ice at hsbc a few years back.

2004RedSox.png

Am I the only one who thinks that jersey, if legit, looks awesome? If they had gone with that instead of the Slug when they re-branded to blue and gold, I'd bet everyone would've loved it.

Just because it isn't EXACTLY like the vintage jerseys doesn't mean it's godawful.

Nope. I think it's fantastic. Much better incorporation of silver than on the current jerseys. I'd love to see a white version of it.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I'd take these over the Buffaslugs anytime.

My thinking is that they soon will...the team's 40th anniversary is coming up. The winter classic jerseys were well received, and so I am thinking if they were keeping the slug as a primary jersey, they would simply have just brought back the dated royal blue version as a third jersey and not changed a thing...now they have essentially gone the updated throwback route, suggesting to me a full time return to a vintage style jersey and logo for the team by 2010.

Now the Sabres are introducing a jersey that matches the HSBC arenas "paint job" so now another logo change would be more cost effective to the team in terms of retrofitting the locker room and arena with the same colors instead of going royal blue.

Now the Sabres are introducing a jersey that matches the HSBC arenas "paint job" so now another logo change would be more cost effective to the team in terms of retrofitting the locker room and arena with the same colors instead of going royal blue.

When you say "paint job", does that mean we finally got rid of that ugly orange?

See all of my concepts at: Designed by DRutka

main%20555.gif

4inarow.gif

Anyone seen the new NHL 09 commercial? If you look closely, one of the crowdshots show some fans wearing the NY Islanders alts and the Oilers alts.

Throwbacks are in the game. In the demo you can see Lemieux-era Penguins jerseys.

Here are some screens to get an idea how they would look on a player.

o94snn.jpg

w7ig01.jpg

2e185eh.jpg

Damn, that is too sweet! Nice Dave!

I'd be a lot more excited if this jersey would have been the home jersey when they originally changed uniforms...with the white road jersey being what they had for the Winter Classic plus blue piping where the white is on the blue. It would have been fine with me because they made an attempt at putting a modern flair on history. However, this being a third jersey instead of going vintage...not liking it at all.

theres 2 rbk alternates to unlock for this year for the sabres, one of course being the blue above.....would the other be a white version of it or the winter classic jersey? the dark blue alternate (CCM) is already there by default

Nope, I'm quite a fan of this jersey too. If I were a Sabres fan, I'd snatch one of these up straightaway.

Quite frankly, I actually like this better than the old jersey it's based off.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived