NHL Jersey Discussion - 08-09 3rds

oakland ehs

Things do change. If only the Edge concepts that were designed 2 years ago got made... oh boy, the backlash they see now is nothing compared to what it could have been. A Red Wings jersey with a black outlined and "3Ded" wings logo, with reflective piping on the jersey. Now THAT would have been something...

dude if the wings gave the thumbs up to that, this would be the scene in Detroit:

simpsonstrailer.jpg

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things do change. If only the Edge concepts that were designed 2 years ago got made... oh boy, the backlash they see now is nothing compared to what it could have been. A Red Wings jersey with a black outlined and "3Ded" wings logo, with reflective piping on the jersey. Now THAT would have been something...

dude if the wings gave the thumbs up to that, this would be the scene in Detroit:

simpsonstrailer.jpg

LMAO

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

simpsonstrailer.jpg

Now the team has probably been around too long to endure such a drastic change, yet this idea has awaken my curiosity as to what it would look like. I'm hoping that one day, they will be released to the public.

Now the team has probably been around too long to endure such a drastic change, yet this idea has awaken my curiosity as to what it would look like. I'm hoping that one day, they will be released to the public.

that or its so horrible they don't even want it to come out of the closet.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Tampa: navy with Bolts on the front. (ew, why a script)

Tampa: blue with A BOLT on the front. (without any ridiculous, and useless script)

*fixed

Oh thank god. My excitment for this jersey has returned.

Tampa: blue with A BOLT on the front. (without any ridiculous, and useless script)

*fixed

I don't think he was describing what it would really look like but what he wishes it could look like. The script ain't going anywhere.

*fixed

I don't think he was describing what it would really look like but what he wishes it could look like. The script ain't going anywhere.

*hands over ears*

Lalalala... can't hear you. <_<

:P

As we are on the topic of jerseys/logos unseen by the public. A while back there was a thread that linked to the Canadian Copywrites website. Here you could find copywrited logos,names, ect. These were on it

imageLoader.gif

imageLoader2.gif

Anyone know about these?

http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/app/cipo/tradema...do?language=eng

Thats where i found them not there any more tho

USA Site http://www.uspto.gov/index.html

smythdp1.jpgtruro.gif

As we are on the topic of jerseys/logos unseen by the public. A while back there was a thread that linked to the Canadian Copywrites website. Here you could find copywrited logos,names, ect. These were on it

You got anymore? ^_^

You got anymore? ^_^

Those were the ones on the site i found look around on the US and Canadian trademark sites and they can be found ^_^

smythdp1.jpgtruro.gif

I know everybody loves the gold Senators jersey, but I'm thinking that if they want a third jersey, why don't they step out on a limb and maybe pull back the red, black and white striped jerseys from the old days? At worst, it would look like the old Wings jerseys they wore in '91 with DETROIT on the front.

As far as alts for the Wings go, there is no circumstance where that would be a good idea, UNLESS it is to make it vintage with the laces or something like that.

....though, it would be interesting to see them in black.....

"Well, they made that change uptown and The Big Man joined the band."

--Bruce Springsteen

"10th Avenue Freeze-Out"

I know everybody loves the gold Senators jersey, but I'm thinking that if they want a third jersey, why don't they step out on a limb and maybe pull back the red, black and white striped jerseys from the old days?

Simple reason, the Ottawa 67's now have the local monopoly on the "barberpole" sweaters (since they've had them since they entered the OHA/OHL) and since both teams co-exist very peacefully I can't see the Senators doing anything that would even hint at stepping on the 67's.

imageLoader.gif

imageLoader2.gif

Just to nip this one in the bud so there's no confusion, these logos are several years old. I think these are both from around 2000 or so.

I don't know anything more about these logos. I wish I did. All I do know is that these designs are not something we can expect to see on any new jerseys.

imageLoader.gif

imageLoader2.gif

Just to nip this one in the bud so there's no confusion, these logos are several years old. I think these are both from around 2000 or so.

I don't know anything more about these logos. I wish I did. All I do know is that these designs are not something we can expect to see on any new jerseys.

oh thank god, because tampa logo is awful - toledo storm, ms word clip art awful.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I know everybody loves the gold Senators jersey, but I'm thinking that if they want a third jersey, why don't they step out on a limb and maybe pull back the red, black and white striped jerseys from the old days?

Simple reason, the Ottawa 67's now have the local monopoly on the "barberpole" sweaters (since they've had them since they entered the OHA/OHL) and since both teams co-exist very peacefully I can't see the Senators doing anything that would even hint at stepping on the 67's.

Yeah, but the Sens were wearing the barberpole jerseys long before the 67's were around. Besides, I don't know why they both can't wear barberpole jerseys. I mean it's not like someone's going to go to a Sens game and think that the 67's are playing.

Yeah, but the Sens were wearing the barberpole jerseys long before the 67's were around. Besides, I don't know why they both can't wear barberpole jerseys. I mean it's not like someone's going to go to a Sens game and think that the 67's are playing.

Four points:

1) Not the same team as the one that wore the barberpoles, despite what they try to tell you. I'm a Sens fan and I actually agree with Neon_Matrix on this one.

2) Those jerseys have become a trademark of the 67's. Nobody would even think about treading on it. It would never, ever happen. Legally, there's no reason why they can't, but ethically they never would.

3) Barberpole jerseys are hideous anyway

4) The way they've been playing of late it's entirely possible someone may think that the 67's were playing.

Archived